Best computer to support SWTOR. In English please!!

joshWaTaaaaaaaa

Im a computer moron. I know the very VERY basics of them. I play the game on a Dell Inspirion laptop, I know not the best for this game, but its all i have at the moment. I connect it to my LED tv so atleast it looks ok. I have the graphics on very low because of the lag. Please PLEASE in english what is the best computer i can buy that will support this game at its highest with no lag? Not concerned about an awesome monitor since i use my tv, just the best tower to make this experience its best. Again, im a noob at the computer thing. Thank you and please help!!!!

I haven't bought one in years, just build, so dunno what a good brand would be.

If you're interested in a tower here're some specs to look for that'd perform good:

> Intel i5 or i7 processor, 3.0 or higher ghz. Doesn't matter if i5 or i7 for this game.

> Nvidia GTX560 ti or better for a graphics card. I'm using one EVGA brand 660 ti. It plays on high no problems.

> 8 GB DDR3 RAM. More RAM wouldn't hurt but don't need it.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Joesixxpack has the right idea. But there is a piece of information missing...How much are you willing to spend? Obviously the more you spend the better off you will be for a longer period of time. But you do NOT have to buy a $3000 gaming rig to play SWTOR on max settings. The fact is that I have a 3.5 year old component built Intel Quad core 2.8GHz (pre-Intel i-series) with 8GB DDR2 RAM and a ATI Radeon 4780 1GB video card that runs SWTOR on max settings with little difficulty (I have some overheating issues only because of a lack of space).

Because you mentioned you have a Dell laptop, I went to dell.com and the Alienware X51 ( http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-x51/pd) should handle SWTOR just fine. Being the "computer moron" you are, I would not recommend a component built computer unless you have a friend who can build it for you.

A budget-friendly way that I found to get a new PC was to simply look for recommendations for parts that would work well together, get the parts at a pace I could afford, and assemble a new computer once all the parts had arrived. You might be surprised at how easy the assembly can be if you carefully read the manuals.

It's more of a World of Warcraft site, but MMO-Champion periodically posts recommended shopping lists for MMO gamers who would like to do exactly that. I did this last year and my new quad-core runs the game like a dream compared to the way my vintage 2007 single-thread PC struggled to.

Their latest recommended lists of parts that will complement one another well, with current pricing information and Amazon links for all the listed parts, can be found here (you can scroll down past all the WoW patch notes and the PC builds are at the bottom, just before the comments section begins).

Edited by Allegos