Would you support Pazaak being added?

Paelos

To me, the ability to play Pazaak is one of the things that would take this game to the next level. My idea of implementing Pazaak would that it's available in Cantinas, and that it could be another form of PvP.

1 - Side deck cards could be gathered via player companion missions and sold on the AH.

2 - Players could wager credits against each other for matches in catinas.

3 - SWTOR could host daily tournaments for players to win prizes.

4 - There could be a rating system in place to show a players Pazaak ranking.

5 - Pazaak titles!

6 - A monthly "Galactic Series of Pazaak" where hundreds of players on each server pay in 50,000 credits a head for a several million credit top prize!

If you support Pazaak, post your ideas and your love of the game here.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pazaak and swoop-racing minigames would be fun. But pazaak involves gambling and even though its virtual money, it will create enormous amount of backlash from anti-gambling groups, parent organizations and whatnot, since this is an MMO.

I think it could even violate some countries' laws.

Instead of wagering credits, they should simply make tournaments where you get Commendations. EG pay 10000 credits to enter, and turn those into chips.

As long as the Commendations have rewards that don't ruin the game, it would be great. Allowing gambling of real credits is a terrible, terrible idea.

I don't believe it would break any gaming laws considering that credits have no actual value on any traded market, nor can you buy credits directly from Bioware in order to play.

In my country for example any form of gambling with real or virtual currency is forbidden and banned like the example given below puzzle pirates is banned and there are many other countries with laws like this.

• 10 months later...
To me, the ability to play Pazaak is one of the things that would take this game to the next level. My idea of implementing Pazaak would that it's available in Cantinas, and that it could be another form of PvP.

1 - Side deck cards could be gathered via player companion missions and sold on the AH.

2 - Players could wager credits against each other for matches in catinas.

3 - SWTOR could host daily tournaments for players to win prizes.

4 - There could be a rating system in place to show a players Pazaak ranking.

5 - Pazaak titles!

6 - A monthly "Galactic Series of Pazaak" where hundreds of players on each server pay in 50,000 credits a head for a several million credit top prize!

If you support Pazaak, post your ideas and your love of the game here.

pazaak cards as rare drops/ purchases on the Cartel Market??

...this game is in dire need of Pazaak.

...and this guy is right.

Instead of wagering credits, they should simply make tournaments where you get Commendations. EG pay 10000 credits to enter, and turn those into chips.

As long as the Commendations have rewards that don't ruin the game, it would be great. Allowing gambling of real credits is a terrible, terrible idea.

Edited by AboB