Rewatching Stronghold intro (cutscene)

dunmer_baton

I was under the impression that the stronghold cutscene would play every time you went there, similarly to how a cutscene plays every time you go to a planet. It's strange that a place you are specifically designed to be attached to is the one place where the cutscene only plays once.

I was under the impression that the stronghold cutscene would play every time you went there, similarly to how a cutscene plays every time you go to a planet. It's strange that a place you are specifically designed to be attached to is the one place where the cutscene only plays once.

Yeah, or that it at least plays once a day. To strike a nice balance between those who start yelling at Bioware for having too many cutscenes, and those of us who like them.

I think at some point they intended for us to be able to rewatch the cutscene if we clicked on something, but whatever it was they planned it never made it into the game. It's too bad, because the cutscene includes the decorations that you've placed, so it would be cool to watch it after you've completed your stronghold, and not just when you've recently bought it and it looks really empty.

By the way things had been described from the beginning, I knew an entrance cutscene wasn't going to be there. It does make sense to not have one with the way we enter a stronghold and the fact most people would just skip it, time and effort would seem to be wasted but still it would be cool to have one.

For both strongholds and guildships I would have loved to see some cool fly ins (and out for guildships) cutscenes. Nar should have our class ship fly through the city and land on the pad, both capital cities would have a taxi scene (like we had) and a similar thing for Tat riding across the desert in an enclosed speeder (seeing our characters takes up unneeded memory). For guildships a scene similar to the normal ship scenes, flying in the class ship into the hangar and with an exit scene as well.

It's too bad, because the cutscene includes the decorations that you've placed, so it would be cool to watch it after you've completed your stronghold, and not just when you've recently bought it and it looks really empty.

How do you know that? This would be amazing!

How do you know that? This would be amazing!

I can confirm that the cutscene updates with what you decorate your stronghold with. I logged onto an alt who hadn't been to my stronghold. On that alt, I did the starting stronghold quest on the fleet, then proceeded to travel to my main character's house on Coruscant. The cutscene I got this time included the guards I had put on the balcony, as well as the decorations in the upstairs main room. This is actually one of the main reasons I would love to see that cutscene all the time :p

I can confirm that the cutscene updates with what you decorate your stronghold with. I logged onto an alt who hadn't been to my stronghold. On that alt, I did the starting stronghold quest on the fleet, then proceeded to travel to my main character's house on Coruscant. The cutscene I got this time included the guards I had put on the balcony, as well as the decorations in the upstairs main room. This is actually one of the main reasons I would love to see that cutscene all the time :p

I can also confirm that you can see deco that you have placed already in the cutscene. I thought it was pretty cool and I'd like to see the cutscene every time too.. its easy enough to spacebar past it if you don't want to see it.

Is there a way to watch the intro / cutscene again, the one when you activate and travel to the Stronghold for the first time?

There is one way, but I'd really like something less clunky that actually lets me see my real characters:

1) Create random new character

2) After watching initial cutscene, ESC out of intro conversation

3) Travel to Stronghold

4) Delete new character

There is one way, but I'd really like something less clunky that actually lets me see my real characters:

1) Create random new character

2) After watching initial cutscene, ESC out of intro conversation

3) Travel to Stronghold

4) Delete new character

That only works if you haven't hit the 22-character per server limit. :p

- - - -

Regardless, one may assume this was a no-brainer. If no one wanted to see the cutscene, they would skip it. Why does Bioware fails to acknowledge the obvious at times? :(

That only works if you haven't hit the 22-character per server limit. :p

- - - -

Regardless, one may assume this was a no-brainer. If no one wanted to see the cutscene, they would skip it. Why does Bioware fails to acknowledge the obvious at times? :(

Well they DID have an option for it when showing off the strongholds on the twitch stream, but they never worked... so may they just couldn't get it to work in time for release?

They're not complete morons you know.

Well they DID have an option for it when showing off the strongholds on the twitch stream, but they never worked... so may they just couldn't get it to work in time for release?

I guess.

After all, it's not like Strongholds was delayed for an additional couple of months now, was it? :rolleyes:

They're not complete morons you know.

I never said they were last I checked. Being a "moron" and being "clueless" are not one and the same.

Yea I would like to see the cut-scene repeated when you go to your strongholds (or at least a shortened version). They got it working for guild ships (cut-scene of you flying to your guild ship) every time you go there so why not your stronghold.

Also I can confirm like others you do see the decorations on the cut-scene as I have been to my stronghold with alts and seen through the windows etc.

I guess.

After all, it's not like Strongholds was delayed for an additional couple of months now, was it? :rolleyes:

And yet they still couldn't get it to work.

But that's not the point, the point is you were insinuating that it never occurred to them that people might want to watch the intro again, but that's wrong since they had plans on doing that.

I never said they were last I checked. Being a "moron" and being "clueless" are not one and the same.

Oh wow, way to be picky with words.

I THINK that if you change the owner of a Stronghold to a different alt and the travel there with that alt you get to watch the cutscene again. At least I think that's what happened to me yesterday. Didn't re-check for confirmation

I would like to see this cutscene. And not just for my stronghold. It would also be nice to see it when I'm invited to a friend's stronghold. I understand that might be more difficult, so I'll be happy with just my own place....for now :rak_03:

• 6 months later...

Lending a voice to something I haven't seen requested for awhile...

I think at some point they intended for us to be able to rewatch the cutscene if we clicked on something, but whatever it was they planned it never made it into the game. It's too bad...

^^^^

We need this now more than ever!

I've wanted this for some time. It's sad that my first view of my strongholds were of empty ones. Now that most of them are decorated, I only see that epic perspective when an alt that hasn't gone in yet goes in.