HK-51 and +Cunning Mods?

Gurgintius

I appologize if this topic has been discussed already, please point me to the thread...

Has anyone done any research into changing out the Cunning Mods on HK's weapons for +Aim mods?

My understanding is that he has sniper abilities which is why he has the cunning mods in the first place, (I could be wrong though). But does swapping them for Aim mods make any noticeable difference? Currently I use HK to run Dailies with my Healer. I have upgraded a few of the mods and he is my most destructive companion. He makes mowing down Black Hole NPCs a fun time (I love his saying as he is engaging targets). I can solo Sec X area (not including Heroics) without too much difficulty and my Healer is not the best geared.

Just curious if more Aim stats will make him even more leathal or have an unexpected and adverse effect?

Given that both Aim and Cunning are main stats, do they have their own individual crit DR curve for each? in which case, wouldn't it be better to have equal levels of cunning/aim to maximize the crit gained from these stats?

This would definitely be worth finding out. But I have no idea.

Given that both Aim and Cunning are main stats, do they have their own individual crit DR curve for each? in which case, wouldn't it be better to have equal levels of cunning/aim to maximize the crit gained from these stats?

Yes. You would do slightly better when mixing cunning and aim mods.

The reality of it is that it will probably be barely noticeable. I would always just put in the best mods you can find between cunning and aim. Don't worry about an exact mix of 50/50.

I am quite curious what his stats look like in full 154 gear and swapped mods... is anyone crazy enough to have done this and screen shotted it?

If he can bypass DR by using equal AIM/CUN and not going above the threshold on either, he may well outperform most player characters...

The new trend will be 2 man groups with 2 HKs eliminating all meatbag opposition.

I'm curious as to whether or not the droid schematics provide better stats than one could get from individually placing mods,armoring, and enhancements into HK's initial gear.

Fully itemized dread gear provides slightly better stats than the droid schematics. But considering the material cost for the dread guard stuff, particularly the non slot specific armorings you would need to use. The droid schematics are really a good deal and very powerful.

My HK unit is in full droid parts and he has a higher combined main stat than my character, it was a little over 2800 and I have not upgraded his ear or implants yet. *edit I'm stupid and added aim and endurance together instead of aim and cunning, it's still good gear though.

Edited by nbayer

Fully itemized dread gear provides slightly better stats than the droid schematics. But considering the material cost for the dread guard stuff, particularly the non slot specific armorings you would need to use. The droid schematics are really a good deal and very powerful.

My HK unit is in full droid parts and he has a higher combined main stat than my character, it was a little over 2800 and I have not upgraded his ear or implants yet.

2800? That doesn't really seem possible.

My HK unit is in full droid parts and he has a higher combined main stat than my character, it was a little over 2800 and I have not upgraded his ear or implants yet.

Well I know who IM doing section x dailies with now. Lol

What server are you on btw? :)

Only additional thing i've noticed with HK , is that the base stat on aim and cunning are different.

Base aim on HK is 100 where as on Cunning it's 250??

Not sure if there's any significance with that but on the default gear he got, only 2 items came with cunning everything else was aim?

I got mine decked out in assassin armour, rak implants and ear, black hole weapon and offhand(both cunning)

Damage(Pri) is 1174 - 1271

Bonus Damage 736.1

By assassin armor, you mean decked out in all HK assassin droid parts ( motor,sensor,etc)?

• 4 weeks later...

All DT-12 Assassin parts, plus stock off-hand, reslotted disaster insurance (smuggler dps rakata) for mainhand, stock ear and implants.

Aim: 1173

Cunning: 481

End: 1390

Acc: 284

Crit: 100

Surge: 227

Power: 539

Far from optimal, but it's good for what it is, especially if you have a ton of molecular stabilizers burning a hole in your inventory. Could be made much better with crit/surge stacked ears and implants, and a better off-hand. TBH, I don't really find him much more useful than my BH/Campaign-geared Risha, but he's certainly more fun to play.

• 6 months later...