Old Republic easter eggs in the Clone Wars.

GusVIII

So I was watching the latest episode of the Clone Wars when I came across something interesting. The latest arc of episodes revolves around a group of younglings building their first lightsabers. The place where they built those lightsabers is a ship very reminiscent of the Jedi Defender in the TOR. But that wasn't the easter egg. While watching it I happened to notice this:

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g430/GusVIII/Tor_symbol.png

Nice little nod to TOR. Aside from this I've noticed a few other small things over the seasons. I saw an ancient KotOR era Mandalorian helmet one episode. Then there was also Pre Vizsla mentioning how his ancestors stole his darksaber from the Jedi temple during the "fall of the Old Republic."

Anyone else noticed anything interesting that you want to share?

That's the symbol of the Jedi Order. You'll find it on the arm bracers of certain Jedi Masters.

Edit: Just looked at the Jedi Order symbol and it is eerily similar to the symbol in that image. Good find. :)

Edited by Aurbere

So I was watching the latest episode of the Clone Wars when I came across something interesting. The latest arc of episodes revolves around a group of younglings building their first lightsabers. The place where they built those lightsabers is a ship very reminiscent of the Jedi Defender in the TOR. But that wasn't the easter egg. While watching it I happened to notice this:

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g430/GusVIII/Tor_symbol.png

Nice little nod to TOR. Aside from this I've noticed a few other small things over the seasons. I saw an ancient KotOR era Mandalorian helmet one episode. Then there was also Pre Vizsla mentioning how his ancestors stole his darksaber from the Jedi temple during the "fall of the Old Republic."

Anyone else noticed anything interesting that you want to share?

Wow, Nice find! I actually noticed this when I watched the episode. But it never clicked that it was the Old Republic sign, I just though "Republic" then it went out again. :D I suppose this must mean the ship is from the Old Republic era. And after checking the Wookiepedia site it says this about the ship (called the Crucible by the way)

Huyang stated that he survived on the ship for over a thousand years, thus making he and the ship date back to the Old Republic Era. The ship also had Old Republic markings to support this.

So all we need to see is this guy Huyang in SWTOR! That would be so cool!

So all we need to see is this guy Huyang in SWTOR! That would be so cool!

Huyang was built about 1700 years too late.

The beginning of this arc was lame, but it's picking up. I'm still not onboard with the KID POWER! nonsense of irritating children acting on their own and somehow saving the day, but it wasn't as horrible as I expected.

I saw an ancient KotOR era Mandalorian helmet one episode.

could you put the picture of this up cause i could not find it

Right next to the crystal skull:csw_fett::

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g430/GusVIII/mando_helm.png

Then there was also Pre Vizsla mentioning how his ancestors stole his darksaber from the Jedi temple during the "fall of the Old Republic."

The bounty hunter who helps Malgus during the destruction of the Jedi Temple is called Visla (I know the "z" misses). But if I remember well, Bioware said she was Visla after Vizsla story had been revealed in Clone Wars. So it's likely that it's not a TOR easter egg in Clone Wars but a Clone Wars easter egg in TOR

Or maybe Lucas Arts took inspiration in this trailer (it didn't have to be released yet because it must have Lucas Arts approval behorehand), created Vizsla, and only after BioWare named her accordingly. Crossed easter egg...

Edited by Altheran