Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil. Zannah vs Bane

Lifeshield

The following post and therefore the rest of the thread contains heavy spoilers in relation to this book. If you have not read the book but intend to read it navigate away from this thread now.

You've been warned.

I am curious about the ending of Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil.

The book focuses on Banes hunt for immortality.

At the end he has a duel with Zannah, whom gives him a bit of a pasting with her force powers, but it isn't really clear if he wins or if she wins. He attemptec to transfer himself into her but seemingly doesn't survive. However she also inherited his hand tremors hinting that perhaps he did actually manage the transfer. Though Zannah states that Bane is dead.

What exactly happened?

Edited by Lifeshield

Your guess is as good as ours, as I do not believe that there is an official answer to that question anywhere (not that I know at least). There is a reference to it in "Darth Plaguis", where it is stated that Bane failed in the attempt, but as that novel takes place several centuries later, take it with a grain of salt.

On the other hand, I do not recall Bane teaching Zannah that particular technique, so unless she subsequently studied and learned it, how did it manage to be passed down (which is also referenced in Darth Plaguis, though it also states that the technique was later on lost again)?

My best educated guess is that while Zannah banished the spirit of Bane from her completely, the ordeal left her with some of the taint of her former master. The trembling of the hand symbolizes this. My next best theory is that while she vanquished the whole of his spirit, Bane was just strong enough to attach a very tiny piece of himself to her.

Ballroom-While Set Harth did abscond with Darth Andeddu's holocron at the end of the trilogy, there's no telling what happened to him or it during that time. It's possible that he lost it or simply discarded it once he learned its secrets.

Edited by Xiahoufig

Your guess is as good as ours, as I do not believe that there is an official answer to that question anywhere (not that I know at least). There is a reference to it in "Darth Plaguis", where it is stated that Bane failed in the attempt, but as that novel takes place several centuries later, take it with a grain of salt.

On the other hand, I do not recall Bane teaching Zannah that particular technique, so unless she subsequently studied and learned it, how did it manage to be passed down (which is also referenced in Darth Plaguis, though it also states that the technique was later on lost again)?

Drew Karpyshyn, the author of the novels stated himself that Zannah had won the battle of minds, and merely the tremor of his hand had left a mark on her mentality.