Who is the Emperor?

enkryptor

I think Emperor being an almighty 1000 years old Sith is plain stupid. I don't know how can any writer come up with that kind of crap. It is insulting to the Star Wars universe.

I just go with the theory proposed in Annihilation book that Emperor has always been just the most powerful Sith from Dark Council.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's easy to see how he can live that long he consumed a entire planets worth of life forms including many powerful Sith so all that life force allows him to live as long as there combined life spans the down side is he can feel nothing no taste no touch no smells.

No you don't get to kill the Emperor, nobody does (of current moment) and nobody knows how he looks like not even the dark council (current ones). The "person" you kill at the ending of the jedi Knight story line, is the voice of the emperor, and thus you do not kill the Emperor but only another persons body holding his spirit. However the emperor becomes weakened by the jedi knight, and is slowly regenerating his strength in one of the unknown planets far away from the playable galaxy.

Yes you do kill the real Emperor or at least his original body but as we have seen from Palpantine powerful Sith can leave there bodies and control others so it is possible that his force spirit took control of one of his children who were attuned to being controlled by his force spirit anyways.

You've been listening to the Revanites again, haven't you? There are instances where it is shown that Revan is not the Emperor:

Republic characters have a flashpoint to rescue Revan. Jedi Knights have a quest to kill the emperor, and I believe canonically, the empire is surviving by leaching off Revan's life force.

Not to mention in the Foundry flashpoint for Empire, you kill Revan, who is fanatical over KILLING the Emporer. Alternatively, you could just read the Revan book.

I think Emperor being an almighty 1000 years old Sith is plain stupid. I don't know how can any writer come up with that kind of crap. It is insulting to the Star Wars universe.

I just go with the theory proposed in Annihilation book that Emperor has always been just the most powerful Sith from Dark Council.

Insulting? Palpatine and every Sith has wanted immortality forever. Someone was finally sucessful, and boom.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes you do kill the real Emperor or at least his original body but as we have seen from Palpantine powerful Sith can leave there bodies and control others so it is possible that his force spirit took control of one of his children who were attuned to being controlled by his force spirit anyways.

No you do not. The Emperor's real body is a Sith Pureblood. In the JK story line he is a human. He's still alive, just probably really weak. Also when Kira talks about how her friend can hear the Emperor still, it's just his weakened and fractured mind reaching out to the galaxy. His presence must be so weak that the Dread Masters don't even feel him in the force. Also, if that was his original body, why would he bring it into known space? If he is as clever as he is, he would use his voice to do the ritual so that if he fails, he will have a body to fall back to. Also, his Hand stated that in fact he is still alive only weakened and in Unknown Space. Look on all possiblities before using radical theories please.

he was born as a sith pured blood with dark eyes, OP read the Revan book

The Sith Emperor was a Dark Lord of the Sith who reconstituted the Sith Empire after the Great Hyperspace War and went on to rule for more than a millennium.

Born in 5,113 BBY as Tenebrae, the illegitimate son of Lord Dramath of Medriaas and a poor farm woman, the child who eventually became the Emperor killed his own father at the age of ten and was granted the title of Lord Vitiate by the current Dark Lord Marka Ragnos three years later.

Vitiate renamed his world Nathema and ruled for the next hundred years, during which he witnessed the destruction of the Sith Empire at the hands of the Galactic Republic in the Great Hyperspace War, as he did not participate.

He then summoned the remaining Sith Lords to Nathema to cast a powerful ritual in order to save themselves from the Jedi.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_Emperor

Edited by Genuine

No you do not. The Emperor's real body is a Sith Pureblood. In the JK story line he is a human. He's still alive, just probably really weak. Also when Kira talks about how her friend can hear the Emperor still, it's just his weakened and fractured mind reaching out to the galaxy. His presence must be so weak that the Dread Masters don't even feel him in the force. Also, if that was his original body, why would he bring it into known space? If he is as clever as he is, he would use his voice to do the ritual so that if he fails, he will have a body to fall back to. Also, his Hand stated that in fact he is still alive only weakened and in Unknown Space. Look on all possiblities before using radical theories please.

the emperor as ascended and can inhabit a lot of different body's he does this a lot in the comics and in game i'm not really sure if his original body is still around but it would be grate to see him how he is described in the Book Revan in game

Roll a Jedi Knight

As long as you don't take

killing the Emperor's Voice as killing the Emperor.

IMO the death of the Emperor (if it happens in SWTOR) should be an 8 person mission where Imperial and Republic forces group together. (Just makes it so one side or the other doesn't feel left out)

As long as you don't take

killing the Emperor's Voice as killing the Emperor.

IMO the death of the Emperor (if it happens in SWTOR) should be an 8 person mission where Imperial and Republic forces group together. (Just makes it so one side or the other doesn't feel left out)

Regarding your spoiler:

He isn't the emperor, you is the Emperor's Voice, we know this, this is in fact the lore in the game. Like it or not that's what it is, I don't see what the confusion with people is. Sure people RP their own stories in their heads, but in the game itself the Emperor does not die, yet at least, only his Voice. Both the Sith Warrior and the Jedi Knight kill his voice at times.

How old do you think Palpatine is?

Lord Emperor is the beacon of hope for galaxy and its rebith in the embrace of perfection.

also, know that Voice of the Emperor only posses the power of the stolen body, Lord Emperor's original potential is beyond measure, he is the master of the force.

Lord Emperor is the beacon of hope for galaxy and its rebith in the embrace of perfection.

also, know that Voice of the Emperor only posses the power of the stolen body, Lord Emperor's original potential is beyond measure, he is the master of the force.

You do know the Emperor's plans right? Not exactly a good thing no matter which side your on.

Edited by Aurbere

You do know the Emperor's plans right? Not exactly a good thing no matter which side your on.

"You discern a fraction of reality. Beyond these stars exist other galaxies, other worlds, other beings. I will experience or ignore them as I wish. I will spend eternity becoming everything: a farmer, an artist, a simple man. When the last living thing in the universe finally dies, I will enjoy peace and wait for the cycle to begin again"

I know his plans only partially, his desire to destroy broken galaxy, to feed on it - maybe, in his gesture he will take with him his loyal Wrath, maybe not. There is much to learn about Lord Emperor.

I know his plans only partially, his desire to destroy broken galaxy, to feed on it - maybe, in his gesture he will take with him his loyal Wrath, maybe not. There is much to learn about Lord Emperor.

Someone hasn't been paying attention.

His "plans" involve emptying the galaxy of all life to feed his continued existence. He cares nothing for anyone but himself beyond their use as tools of his will. If Vitiate were not destroyed, even the Empire would not survive.

Fixing a broken galaxy is a noble goal, but it is not by any means the Emperor's goal.

Someone hasn't been paying attention.

His "plans" involve emptying the galaxy of all life to feed his continued existence. He cares nothing for anyone but himself beyond their use as tools of his will. If Vitiate were not destroyed, even the Empire would not survive.

Fixing a broken galaxy is a noble goal, but it is not by any means the Emperor's goal.

There are other galaxies and his goal is at least supreme, considering scale of ritual. In fact quote does not exactly state that, of course that currently living beings are instruments to achiev ultimate power but what lies beyond is unknown. if the space occupied by galaxy is ill because of the galaxy that is beyond repair, the rational solution is to destroy it, of course it will be by product of Lord Emperor's plan. His ambition to live the lives he want is noble enough to help him achiev it. But as I said, theres still a lot to learn about Emperor - at this point we know little, mostly accusations from Scourge who may be simply not competent to understand reasoning of a higher being.

There are other galaxies and his goal is at least supreme, considering scale of ritual. In fact quote does not exactly state that, of course that currently living beings are instruments to achiev ultimate power but what lies beyond is unknown. if the space occupied by galaxy is ill because of the galaxy that is beyond repair, the rational solution is to destroy it, of course it will be by product of Lord Emperor's plan. His ambition to live the lives he want is noble enough to help him achiev it. But as I said, theres still a lot to learn about Emperor - at this point we know little, mostly accusations from Scourge who may be simply not competent to understand reasoning of a higher being.

Actually he pretty much wants to kill everything in the galaxy (including the force) to become immortal and then wait for the cycle of life to start again. He doesn't require living beings to complete the ritual, however he requires the force from the midichlorians that live in all life and his ritual takes every part of the force within range. He however doesn't realize that in order for life to start, the force needs to be in the galaxy. And also, why do you call him Lord Emperor? I'm not judging you or anything but i'm just curious.

Edited by GragorArtis

Insulting? Palpatine and every Sith has wanted immortality forever. Someone was finally sucessful, and boom.

Actually Vitiate wasn't completely successful. He never achieved "true" immortality. He came very close though with the ritual. If he had achieved true immortality, then he would exist in Luke's time. Plagieus (Not sure I spelled that right) knew that the person closest to achieving immortality was Vitiate but that doesn't necessarily mean he actually got full immortality. If anything, he just stalled death by inhabiting other bodies.