Game Lag

JasonSoSwem

I don't know if there is a thread for this yet, but I'd like to address this issue.

Ever since the last major patch, my game has slowed down quite a bit. If it was just me, I'd attribute it to my lack of hardware, but people who have pretty advanced comps have said the same. I was wondering if there is something I could do myself, or if it was just some, I don't know, "bug" I guess that will get fixed.

I'd appreciate any kind of help anyone could give me, cuz I don't know ****. :p

(Please no flamers, I'm just computer stupid, not a complete moron....sometimes.)

I don't think it's the game that's changed, but the server loads. Very heavy to full is common now and it's killing me. Still, they're providing more instances that, oddly, people aren't using as much as they could be. This is particularly true on the fleet. While we're on this topic, please--for the love of God--bring back instancing in the BH. It's brutal in there.

Game locked up and wouldn't start so I completely uninstalled and reinstalled it (backed up user files, though).... and my lag has reduced incredibly. I mean just dumping it and reloading made a huge difference... including load times.

Also, quite oddly, despite the hours and hours and hours of updating it's done over the last year, it took only about 20 minutes to upload everything fresh after installing from the discs.... I found that very wierd.

Edited by bahdasz

Game locked up and wouldn't start so I completely uninstalled and reinstalled it (backed up user files, though).... and my lag has reduced incredibly. I mean just dumping it and reloading made a huge difference... including load times.

Also, quite oddly, despite the hours and hours and hours of updating it's done over the last year, it took only about 20 minutes to upload everything fresh after installing from the discs.... I found that very wierd.

Did the same bout 6mths ago as was having bad lag + had a virus on pc i couldnt kill, did full format and reinstall and game has run smoothly untill 1.4 onwards where lag has increased and CTD are alot more present. After 3-4 CTD in an evening i log out and go watch some TV b4 i put my fist through the screen (yes its that annoying)

B4 work this morning kept freezing up on ilum (only 4 republic on planet) lose all cursor movement and game locks for 30sec to a min, then goes fine again did this on and off over 30 - 40mins while doing dailies. Log out play a diff game for last 30mins b4 work without any problems.

Tried getting new 2gb video card but no change same as b4. Almost to the point of re-installing again as is probably clogged up with all the botched ahem fixes