Who else would've liked to join Malgus' New Empire?

Skurkanas

You're wasting your breath because you're comparing apples to oranges. Revan isn't a figure of the Republic OR the Empire. He is a solo-player out for his own vision, really. Satele, on the other hand, is the direct opposite of Malgus. She's been set up as the Superman to his Lex Luthor. The Batman to his Joker, etc.

But she's spared. Jace Malcom is spared. Malgus is killed. Shae Vizla never makes an appearance in the game.

So, yeah.

You just keep trying to justify your overinflated sense of kill-entitlement. You killed one of the most powerful force users to ever live, we killed one Moff. We BOTH killed Malgus.

If you're wishing she were dead from a lore-perspective and not a "I just want to kill everybody" perspective, look at the damn trailers. Two very influential Jedi Masters were killed, and Satele got her butt kicked in both trailers she was in (she only won in Alderaan because a trooper saved her).

You have no room to complain and you damn well know it.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You just keep trying to justify your overinflated sense of kill-entitlement. You killed one of the most powerful force users to ever live, we killed one Moff. We BOTH killed Malgus.

If you're wishing she were dead from a lore-perspective and not a "I just want to kill everybody" perspective, look at the damn trailers. Two very influential Jedi Masters were killed, and Satele got her butt kicked in both trailers she was in (she only won in Alderaan because a trooper saved her).

You have no room to complain and you damn well know it.

Actually, all Empire characters have room to complain. Kilran, Malgus and Shae sort of became iconic of the Empire. Kilran because he's someone all starting players can identify with as being a rather ****** Moff.

Malgus because he's in all three trailers and actively leading the Sith forces into combat.

Shae because she's in two of the trailers and is named. The Sith Inquisitor in the trailers, Malgus' master, was killed off by Malgus. No Imperial Agent shows up.

But I digress, slightly.

The figures the Republic has to identify with, however, appear in the game and live throughout the game. So, honestly, it is lopsided that the Empire is suffering the loss of big-named players and the Republic has lost...

... not a single damn one to the Empire.

I agree, during the whole story, trough teamspeak, i was telling my mates "wish i could join this guy in forming a new empire".

The current empire just fails in my perspective, yeah it's lethal, but it will never win the war for obvious reasons.

I agree, during the whole story, trough teamspeak, i was telling my mates "wish i could join this guy in forming a new empire".

The current empire just fails in my perspective, yeah it's lethal, but it will never win the war for obvious reasons.

And the Emperors plan seems to be some pretty ****ed up **** (didn't play the JK-Storyline, but from what I've heard he is bat-**** crazy).

It is certainly healthier to follow Malgus than let the Emperor succeed in his ultimate goal.

And the Emperors plan seems to be some pretty ****ed up **** (didn't play the JK-Storyline, but from what I've heard he is bat-**** crazy).

It is certainly healthier to follow Malgus than let the Emperor succeed in his ultimate goal.

The Emperor actually doesn't give a rats *** about the Empire or the war. He orchestrated the war as a distraction for his ultimate goal (of absorbing all life in the galaxy so he becomes uber strong). Anybody that knew about his true intentions was either killed or he mind controlled them, except for Scourge.

Edited by Romick

• 1 month later...
I mean seriously - He's like the only Sith capable of thinking further than "Hurr. Aliens! Me kill! Durr!". The guy makes so much sense it hurts.

At every point in the story on Illum, Battle for Illum and False Emperor I couldn't help thinking "Yeah, the guy's right!" Plus, most other characters that prefer advancing the Empires fate through thoughtful actions, rather than "farming darkside points" seem to have joined him.

So now I'm basically fighting for an Empire that despises me (I'm an alien) - granted, it always did that, but why am I trying to kill a glorious alternative? - I'm fighting for a bunch of xenophobic dumbnuts & against the only beacons of reason...

DO NOT WANT

Even from a perspective of sheer power, Malgus seems like the logical choice. Schism-Collective Death Lasers? Yes please!

I couldn't help but smile when Malgus said during the False Emperor that "one of you has vowed to join me" - sadly it didn't happen. I would've gladly killed my group :p

I agree COMPLETELY. My character would never make the choice to fight Malgus in such a situation. The New Empire is basically the same Empire just more reasonable and with a new and better leader. Stupid Moff!

Besides, it's the Sith way to take over higher ranking Sith's positions! Malgus managed to take the mantle of Emperor from the Emperor, so he earned it! I can understand rival Sith wouldn't tolerate it, but people like my character certainly would.

Of course choices like these can't exists in an MMO, which is why they should have just let Malgus stay on our side without any drama, and being a defeatable PvP boss for the Reppies only.

Very disappointed.

Edited by Neulwen

I was hoping to join Malgus myself as well.

It would have presented such an wesome potential for a third faction, I suppose it still does in a way, or a covert third faction.

But he is right in pretty much every way, heck it could in a way be an option for Sith and dark sided jedi/ neutral players.

The guy is a much larger inspiration than any other character in the game. And with his relationship with his Twi'lek, you also get the feeling he is not pure evil and completely out on a mission of murder. He treats her as essentially a wife.

I think the guy could have been made into so much more.

I hate when players say this. You killed Revan and all you can say is "BUT BUT WHAT ABOUT SATELE! WE SHOULD GET TO KILL HER!"

Revan>Satele Shan. Stop with the complaining

The point that the Empire systematically loses every figurehead they have while the Republic doesn't (and don't start with Janarus, afaik no Rep Class ever gets to actually see him, and all we really hear from him is through one puny letter on Coruscant) still stands. And Revan is out for his own vision of wiping out the entire population of the Empire, basically trying to finish what was started after the Sith Empire lost the GHW. He is NOT a figurehead of the Republic anymore, just a crazy old genocidal man.

And who would that be? Revan? That supposed to be a joke? He might've been powerful, but he was far from being anywhere near the top. Revan is far too overrated.

Edited by Ticara

Actually, all Empire characters have room to complain. Kilran, Malgus and Shae sort of became iconic of the Empire. Kilran because he's someone all starting players can identify with as being a rather ****** Moff.

Malgus because he's in all three trailers and actively leading the Sith forces into combat.

Shae because she's in two of the trailers and is named. The Sith Inquisitor in the trailers, Malgus' master, was killed off by Malgus. No Imperial Agent shows up.

But I digress, slightly.

The figures the Republic has to identify with, however, appear in the game and live throughout the game. So, honestly, it is lopsided that the Empire is suffering the loss of big-named players and the Republic has lost...

... not a single damn one to the Empire.

Master Kaedan says hi.

I agree COMPLETELY. My character would never make the choice to fight Malgus in such a situation. The New Empire is basically the same Empire just more reasonable and with a new and better leader. Stupid Moff!

Besides, it's the Sith way to take over higher ranking Sith's positions! Malgus managed to take the mantle of Emperor from the Emperor, so he earned it! I can understand rival Sith wouldn't tolerate it, but people like my character certainly would.

Of course choices like these can't exists in an MMO, which is why they should have just let Malgus stay on our side without any drama, and being a defeatable PvP boss for the Reppies only.

Very disappointed.

Ah...Malgus never challenged the emperor, so he didn't earn the title...sides he was a false emperor not a real one.

Ah...Malgus never challenged the emperor, so he didn't earn the title...sides he was a false emperor not a real one.

Actually, by forming his own empire, he did challange the Emperor. Had he won the majority of the Empire over, he would have beaten the Emperor fair and square....

Not all challanges have to be armed combat.

Malgus failed to properly play Sith politics and his strategy was badly flawed.

First - He started the rebellion using fleet that needs crystals that are only mined on one planet which is of high strategic importance to both Republic and the Empire he betrayed. He challenged two major powers in galaxy right off the bat with fleet that has significant weakness (crystal usage). Weakness that Empire/Republic was able to pounce on at once and defeat the upstart in short order.

Second - His only effort to sway Empire soldiers and citizens to his cause was a global Holonet broadcast. First we have to take into account that "average" Empire citizen is a xenophobe because they have been raised in that way for at least a 1000 years.

Besides that highest ranking Sith that he was able to recruit was Darth Serevin. Although influential I wouldn't call him a crucial figure in Sith Order. So he definitely lacked proper political backing for his rebellion to work. On top of that we have the Emperor. In the eyes of regular grunts and citizens he is the most powerful begin alive, has lived and ruled over them for 1000 years and now he is challenged by Darth that is not even on the Council?!? Come on!

What did Malgus expect? To whole of Empire to rally to his cause, betray the whole hierarchy that has been in place since Great Hyperspace War. Even if he was optimistic about the defection numbers he still had to fight most of the powerful Sith in the Empire because he didn't bother to recruit or sway or even neutralize them before he blown off his plan with the broadcast and on top of that he had invigorated Republic breathing down his neck.

In my honest opinion if the rebellion actually worked all he would have achieved with his stunt is protracted civil war in the Empire that would have resulted ultimately in total Republic military victory.

The only realistic outcome was the one Bioware presented us with. Malgus getting thrown in the shaft.

Now form the viewpoint of my character. I would not support Darth Malgus because he failed to see the big picture. Ultimately all he has done was weaken the Empire and aided the Republic. Same Republic that he also hates and wants to destroy.

I liked Malgus in trailers, like the iconic image that is Darth Malgus. I even liked his way of thinking how Empire should function but after the stunts he did on Ilum I'm glad he ended up thrown down the shaft.

I mean seriously - He's like the only Sith capable of thinking further than "Hurr. Aliens! Me kill! Durr!". The guy makes so much sense it hurts.

At every point in the story on Illum, Battle for Illum and False Emperor I couldn't help thinking "Yeah, the guy's right!" Plus, most other characters that prefer advancing the Empires fate through thoughtful actions, rather than "farming darkside points" seem to have joined him.

So now I'm basically fighting for an Empire that despises me (I'm an alien) - granted, it always did that, but why am I trying to kill a glorious alternative? - I'm fighting for a bunch of xenophobic dumbnuts & against the only beacons of reason...

DO NOT WANT

Even from a perspective of sheer power, Malgus seems like the logical choice. Schism-Collective Death Lasers? Yes please!

I couldn't help but smile when Malgus said during the False Emperor that "one of you has vowed to join me" - sadly it didn't happen. I would've gladly killed my group :p

Agreed.

All of my imperials are aliens, mostly Chiss, and Malgus actually not being a racist jackwagon made me really hate having to fight him. After putting up with blind stupidity for so long, having to kill the one guy that actually thinks instead of just attacking everything in sight was irksome to say the least. Let me kill that imbecile of a moff and let's get down to business!

Completely agree, Wish they bring him back.. If EU writers can bring Boba back from the Saarlac.. three times then Malgus should be able to come back and slap the current emperor in the face. I don't like the current leader, He has no control over himself and is in hiding. Malgus is always on the front and actually wants the empire to be a good place, Not a source for food.

TL ; DR

At least let there be another version where you join Malgus, Then let the canon version of the story be that you killed him. We are supposed to make our own story, right?

I think Malgus would be a great potential for like a covert faction. Maybe in an expansion, like he fled, with some core supporters, and has been rebuilding his plan again.

You stumble upon him, and can either choose to try and destroy him, or join him. If you do, it could be a long quest chain, where you basically work to subvert the empire and gain more power to the new empire. This could be open to both republic and Imperial players.

I think a true option for neutral players for instance, as I think Malgus could be the best version of a truly neutral version. Maybe even Revan comes back to help with this.

I think a true option for neutral players for instance, as I think Malgus could be the best version of a truly neutral version. Maybe even Revan comes back to help with this.

Malgus isn't a neutral version. He wants to destroy the Republic much like any other Sith. He fallows the Sith code. Only difference between Malgus and the rest of xenophobic Empire is that Malgus thinks aliens can achieve equal status with rest of the Sith/Imperial if they are strong enough and fallow the Sith line of thinking. Rule of the strongest and etc.

But in the end... he is still Sith.

EVERY time we run it every one I run with comments that we should join him.

They wrote him so well that he has me convinced every time.

One thing to keep in mind : We do not kow that he dies in the end . Because of the way it is set up you don't know for sure he is dead. You just know you trew over the edge. I keep my finguers crossed that I eventually get the chance to join him.

Edited by KidRaid

What's either ironic or more pathetic, depending on your viewpoint, is that according to the future patch information we have gotten from Torhead

Grand Moff Regus turns against the Empire himself and is an enemy in the future.

The only reason why my SI might not side with Malgus given the choice is that my SI is a bit of a megalomaniac who wants to take over the Empire, not serve someone else, even a capable person like Malgus.

His motivations may be suspect, but the end result would be the same. Equality for all races/species in the Empire, and the abolishment of slavery. Abraham Malgus Lincoln FTW. My SW would join his cause in a heartbeat if given the opportunity. (Almost Light V on him.)

EVERY time we run it every one I run with comments that we should join him.

They wrote him so well that he has me convinced every time.

One thing to keep in mind : We do not kow that he dies in the end . Because of the way it is set up you don't know for sure he is dead. You just know you trew over the edge. I keep my finguers crossed that I eventually get the chance to join him.

We don't know his ultimate fate. Recall the Empire Strikes Back. Luke plunges down to what should've been his death....but we robbed. Some how he lives. Could be the same for Malgus.