New Free-to-Play Launch Trailer: A Galaxy of Possibilities

CourtneyWoods

Do not be expecting the hyper expensive blur trailers again, besides ones made for the biggest updates, like HK-51's.

I'm not, not at all. Earlier trailers had a feel to them though. You watched the trailer and had an emotional connection. For example the trailer they took scenes from (Bastila and Malgus on Ilum). I have watched that trailer a gazillion times it is so good, and it is the same gameplay trailer, probably costs about the same amount of money to make. (unless they fired their video guy)

Earlier trailers sort of told a story, this one is just scenes cut together in a mediocre way. Ah well, since everyone seems to like it, its probably only me :)

IAnyone know where that scene where the Jedi holds the missle back is from?

Bounty Hunter class quest on Corellia.

if you want to watch it, obviously spoilers.

The part where the Republic Cruiser crashes into the giant asteroid...which part is that from?

Option for Consular class quest on the Fortitude (before Balmorra). Two part video, if you want to watch it (

is set to just before the decision,
starts by showing the crash).

I'm not, not at all. Earlier trailers had a feel to them though. You watched the trailer and had an emotional connection. For example the trailer they took scenes from (Bastila and Malgus on Ilum). I have watched that trailer a gazillion times it is so good, and it is the same gameplay trailer, probably costs about the same amount of money to make. (unless they fired their video guy)

Earlier trailers sort of told a story, this one is just scenes cut together in a mediocre way. Ah well, since everyone seems to like it, its probably only me :)

The early trailers were boring, unimpressive and truly didn't convince a lot of people by looking at the trailers that TOR would be interesting in any way to check out.

These trailers are a lot more action packed, and with that definitely do make the game itself feel more appealing to give a go. So I'd say, job well done BioWare, keep more trailers like this coming.

Having read the first page I can see everyone likes this trailer. I don't. I really really don't. I think the quality of your trailers dropped a lot lately. Back in the day your trailers were the best in the industry, now they are no different then any other.

Your opinion baffles me. Truly :')

Bounty Hunter class quest on Corellia.
if you want to watch it, obviously spoilers.

Option for Consular class quest on the Fortitude (before Balmorra). Two part video, if you want to watch it (

is set to just before the decision,
starts by showing the crash).

what abut the space combat there? i mean it was amazing, and that star cruiser destroyed a republic cruiser. where is that?

I'm not, not at all. Earlier trailers had a feel to them though. You watched the trailer and had an emotional connection. For example the trailer they took scenes from (Bastila and Malgus on Ilum).

:o

This is what happens in the game at this moment and I totally had emotional explosion when the trailer started and when I saw Emperor Malgus.

Damn it! That is not freaking Bastila. It is Satele, or 'Shan-dude'!

The Free-to-Play option is now live! Step into the Star Wars™ universe and play a role in the ongoing battle as you start your own personal saga. Play now as a Jedi, a Sith, a Bounty Hunter or as one of many other iconic Star Wars roles up to Level 50 for free. Watch “A Galaxy of Possibilities” and see the action-packed adventure that awaits you in Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

Watch now

I must admit my sub ran out and I didn;t eve nnotice I was playing as F2P which seemed very cool. Thought it would be alot worse and alot of set backs because of it. But you guys did this flawlessly. Impressive

This trailer is definitely better than the other ones. This one persuades the people to play it more, because of the fact that it shown a massive battle between Republic and Sith and how much fun it looks... the other ones are depressing because it's not in the graphics that the actual game is in :D

Haha, I guess I do have bad taste then :) But if I'd have to choose between this new trailer, and say the "Signs of War" one:

I'd choose the latter in an instant. That trailer makes me want to log in right now :)

That's the game we all want, really.

Does this mean we might see the empire strike back and the emporer return to the galaxy (in a non crazy way). Or Malgus start leading troops on Ilum in the future?

That Malgus scene was from the old launch trailers. It is not from the game when Satele and Malgus are facing each other on Illum.

And well......

False Emperor FP: You kill Malgus

Awesome awesome trailer! I love how you got the Emperor talking in there! That guy doesn't get nearly enough attention, its always Malgus, Malgus, Malgus. :D

The trailer is really well made and should sell the game however once in game players will be disappointed because the game does not feels like in the trailer.

Agreed, but at least unlike previous stuff it does actually happen in the game. All these cutscenes happen, and are epic, but there too spread out to make the game feel awesome all the time. But by the looks of it Makeb is going to up the game.

The video looks nice, but some of fthese things dosnt happen. Never seen one stop a bullet mid air, or space missions that where like that. It's false advertisement about the game.

Lol, literally the first one is one of the best cutscenes in the game! I literally thought I was gonna watch the whole battle in a cutscene!

Edited by Beniboybling

what abut the space combat there? i mean it was amazing, and that star cruiser destroyed a republic cruiser. where is that?

That space combat is one of the last ones for Republic, I don't remember the name though. Republic Cruiser desroyed happens in SI story before SI travels to Corellia.

I vaguely recall it to be from the Jedi Knight storyline. Either that, or the Jedi Consular.

It's not the JK story, I'dve vividly remembered that because my main being a JK and what I was doing in it fit with what I had written for the character, so the JK story to me was more personal than all the rest. So it's most likely the Consular.