Female Romance Options

Vasdenjas

+1 for fairness.

Though I'm having a hard time understanding why there would be female gamers that would want more romance options anyway. Not trying to sound like a jack*** or anything( :( ) I just don't understand.

I mean, it's not in their nature right? I think I'm confusing myself.

Well, IMO, sitting here listening to my husband's male characters bang everything that is female and breathes, and I get only my "romance companion". So far the only option otherwise has been Cedrax - who gets involved and then breaks up with you because of Holiday.

Literally, my husband's smuggler had three girls hanging on him at one time, and for the majority of the storyline, had two. But women, I guess, Bioware expects to be more chaste.

I don't see what is so hard to understand. Bioware includes romances in their game because they know players enjoy them. While male players usually enjoy the sex scene at the end, the girls tend to prefer all the chat and flirting options and seduction. Just look at all these girls crazy about the romance with Alistair in Dragon age 1, you'll understand.

And depending on the class you play, girls only have like one romance option with some stupid and non-attractive character (like the one for the female Jedi knight... o_o)

ROFL - the romance option for the female Jedi consular......former POW, missing 7 days, has a holocron stuck in his head.....is she with him out of pity?

NPC Romance? Thats incredibly interesting. As a Jedi I think you are not allowed to make attachments to people or bots..

You can do it without reprisal - at least with the romance companion you are provided with. My Consular has gotten engaged, and the only thing that happened was her companion got a call from Tython inquiring about our relationship.

Well, IMO, sitting here listening to my husband's male characters bang everything that is female and breathes, and I get only my "romance companion". So far the only option otherwise has been Cedrax - who gets involved and then breaks up with you because of Holiday.

Literally, my husband's smuggler had three girls hanging on him at one time, and for the majority of the storyline, had two. But women, I guess, Bioware expects to be more chaste.

Well yes, smugglers do flirt a lot =) think the femme-smuggler has a fair amount of flirting as well. Consular does very very little of it, male or female.

My hubby plays male consular and I've played female smuggler, it was a pretty much opposite experience for us with him not flirting at all pretty much and my femme smuggler playing the field. It depends very much on class when it comes to the flirting.

Edited by SilentKitty

Well yes, smugglers do flirt a lot =) think the femme-smuggler has a fair amount of flirting as well. Consular does very very little of it, male or female.

My hubby plays male consular and I've played female smuggler, it was a pretty much opposite experience for us with him not flirting at all pretty much and my femme smuggler playing the field. It depends very much on class when it comes to the flirting.

My hubby plays a female Consular has only hit Companion flirts. My own Knight, and even my Consular, at least when I got them (both girls) to level 12, got one brief flirt but there was no option for FTB. Not that it would have been in her character to do so, mind you. So I was ok with that. We wouldn't be the first people I know to bypass flirting in favor of staying in character with what we decided for our characters, being RP'ers.

I've lost count with how many times one of my guildies (male Smuggler) has gotten random NPC FTB action. Mostly because he brags... at length. Often. Of course, he also usually picks the "insult" option after they're done. My smuggler chick, the amount of flirt options I've seen up to level 40, I've counted four, only two of which ended up with a FTB option for her (not counting Corso).

It's entirely possible I missed some somewhere in my rush to get my Legacy. She was, admittedly, my first toon on TOR, and the longer I stay on the game the more things I realize and learn. :)

Quick note since I saw it come up a few times: If your companion indicate they want to talk, but when you get to the ship they offer no option to - you have to progress further into the class story.

The conversation won't 'trigger' until you do, regardless of your affection level.

Read the enitre thread (usually on the train and over the course of five days) and I saw some complaints/disappointment that same sex romance options should have been present at launch. And one or two posts that thought it wouldn't have been hard to implement.

Hands up everybody who would've accepted waiting until july or september 2012 to have the same sex romances at launch.

That said, I too would have liked to have those options available at launch, but I also understand why they didn't have them.

It's the same reason I'm not surprised at all that the swtor romance options they do have are considerably more "shallow" (in terms of how developed they are as people) than the Mass Effect or Dragon Age companions.

This is an MMO an not a single player game after all. The scope is much larger. Compare how many romance options there are in ME2 or DA2 (6 and 5 respectively) with the 17 romance options in SWTOR. All fully voiced.

And let's not forget that instead of 12 companions (ME2) you have 40 in total.

With the launch deadline they had there is no conceivable way they would be able to write the characters, do models for them, animate the models, record the VA, script companions missions etc for an additional 16 companions (one male and one female same gender romance for each player class).

I know some would like to have the same sex option for the current characters, but really, the additional work while less than 16 additional companions, still isn't insignificant.

If you think the companions are shallow now, imagine it if they had gone for making them same-gender optional for the current batch of romance options. That development time would have to be taken from another part of their overall 'construct'. Likely story depth/missions.

That said, I do look forward to continuing the romances I have as well as getting the same gender options in future patches and/or expansions. :)

Greetings everyone!

We wanted to thank you for keeping this thread constructive and on-topic! We did notice some who were posting regarding Same Gender Romance Arcs. We always want you feedback but in the interest of consolidating discussion and keeping this thread on topic, we are going to ask that you please discuss that topic here:

Same gender relationships clarifications?

Thank you everyone and happy discussing!

My hubby plays a female Consular has only hit Companion flirts. My own Knight, and even my Consular, at least when I got them (both girls) to level 12, got one brief flirt but there was no option for FTB. Not that it would have been in her character to do so, mind you. So I was ok with that. We wouldn't be the first people I know to bypass flirting in favor of staying in character with what we decided for our characters, being RP'ers.

I've lost count with how many times one of my guildies (male Smuggler) has gotten random NPC FTB action. Mostly because he brags... at length. Often. Of course, he also usually picks the "insult" option after they're done. My smuggler chick, the amount of flirt options I've seen up to level 40, I've counted four, only two of which ended up with a FTB option for her (not counting Corso).

It's entirely possible I missed some somewhere in my rush to get my Legacy. She was, admittedly, my first toon on TOR, and the longer I stay on the game the more things I realize and learn. :)

I've found out a few things that I would like to do different with my JK, and my BH =) just to see something new in the romance-arc next time around. Mind you, I will not start a second JK until I have tried all the different classes.

Which would suggest it's definitely a dominant trait, but were either of Anakin's parents force-sensitive?

IMO, the way it's handled for the male LS Warrior makes the most sense; if this is an issue for our character, let us make it clear as Sith to our romance options that while we're perfectly willing to spend our lives with them, and take them on as... oh, consorts or some such, we're still going to be having children with a force-sensitive, since it's our duty. My warrior's already gone far enough outside her cultural upbringing simply in having an actual relationship that includes things like forgiveness and honesty, with an Imperial no less; forcing marriage and the possibility of introducing impurities into her family line, or having that relationship be over, is taking it too far.

Anakin had no father - virgin birth.

If two force-sensitive parents can produce a non-force sensitive child, what that tells us is that it's not a recessive trait, requiring both chromosones present to manifest; if it's dominant, which is the only thing I think works at all, two force sensitive parents who each have one of the necessary chromosones and one not would still have 25% chance of producing a non-force sensitive child. Which is precisely why you'd not want to risk introducing non-force sensitives into the line.

Of course, this is all assuming a) human biology, b) only one gene responsible for force sensitivity, and c) that what I remember of genetics is actually accurate :D

Apparently Anakin was a terrible example to look at, huh?

If we're going with the one gene, dominant trait assumption, there's absolutely no value in introducing any non-force sensitive at all. I would actually venture a guess that you could get a lot more possibilities if there're multiple genes involved, but unfortunately my knowledge of the topic is basically exhausted.

For my SW (I can't believe I'm telling anyone else my dorky backstory), family's a big deal to her, especially since she's the last proper (i.e., non-slave non-Jedi) force sensitive of her generation in the family.

My SI is slightly insane, a Twilek, and in love with Lord Zash, though, so nothing good's going to come of that.

Recessive traits only show up in 25% of the children.....so it could very well be recessive.

Recessive traits only show up in 25% of the children.....so it could very well be recessive.

Thought we'd established that you get cases of two force sensitives producing a non force sensitivie child? Revan + Bastila was the one mentioned, I think.

I started without any inclination for my Sith Sorcerer to pursue a relationship with Andronikos, but he steadily grew on her. There's a gently combative dynamic to their interactions (He acts sullen and distant to try to get her to attempt strongarm tactics so that he has a legitimate reason to defy her, she predicts this and gives him a patient, tolerant attitude and a wide berth, which makes him even more nervous) that keeps things interesting. Underneath it all, they're basically two independent-minded people who have a great deal of appreciation and respect for each other and stay together because of that- Jedi could learn a few things from that arrangement :p

Also, holy hell, his voice. ::drool::

Just wondering - noticed that there were 2 companions that take courting gifts - Andronikos and a later one. So is Andronikos definitely the one, or can you romance both of them?

Just wondering - noticed that there were 2 companions that take courting gifts - Andronikos and a later one. So is Andronikos definitely the one, or can you romance both of them?

Talos appears to accept courting gifts from either gender player, but as far as anyone's been able to tell, he's not currently romanceable. Maybe he just likes courting gifts. ;)

Talos appears to accept courting gifts from either gender player, but as far as anyone's been able to tell, he's not currently romanceable. Maybe he just likes courting gifts. ;)

So, like 4x for the trooper -he likes the gifts, no arc there (thank goodness for that with 4x).

It's Oghren I hear every time I talk to Andronikus. Some of the best moments in DA:O included Oghren. "Try this, Warden...<warden passes out>...Buahahaha!"

See, as one of the five people in the world who's never played DA:O, I was all "asdfghj ITS WOLVERINE ::glomp::" But yeah, it's getting easier to list the things that Steve Blum hasn't voice-acted in.

Edited by Meira_Arirai

See, as one of the five people in the world who's never played DA:O, I was all "asdfghj ITS WOLVERINE ::glomp::" But yeah, it's getting easier to list the things that Steve Blum hasn't voice-acted in.

While I've played DA:O (and God only knows how many times at this point), I was, quite thankfully, exposed to Steve Blum years and years ago with the anime Cowboy Bebop, and thus my knee-jerk reaction to hearing Steve Blum is, "zomg IT'S SPIKE YAY!" and then going to fangirl quietly in the corner. Interacting with Ohgren was weird for me, since in my head, Steve Blum's voice = this character is going to be incredibly awesome and kick a lot of butt. So it was a happy return to the norm for me with Andronikos. :D

My reasoning for why Talos likes courting gifts is that they provide an insightful view into various galactic cultures; it's just another way for him to geek out over archaeology and anthropology.

And if they ever make Talos a full romance option, I will be sorely tempted to roll another SI, 'cause seriously, as much as I love and drool over Andronikos, Talos is darned adorable.

While I've played DA:O (and God only knows how many times at this point), I was, quite thankfully, exposed to Steve Blum years and years ago with the anime Cowboy Bebop, and thus my knee-jerk reaction to hearing Steve Blum is, "zomg IT'S SPIKE YAY!" and then going to fangirl quietly in the corner. Interacting with Ohgren was weird for me, since in my head, Steve Blum's voice = this character is going to be incredibly awesome and kick a lot of butt. So it was a happy return to the norm for me with Andronikos. :D

My reasoning for why Talos likes courting gifts is that they provide an insightful view into various galactic cultures; it's just another way for him to geek out over archaeology and anthropology.

And if they ever make Talos a full romance option, I will be sorely tempted to roll another SI, 'cause seriously, as much as I love and drool over Andronikos, Talos is darned adorable.

Wow, that's a much better reason than what I came up with for why he liked courting gifts...I assumed that either:

A. He was just a cruel heartbreaker hiding behind the affable geek facade;

B. He was a knife-crazy psychopath who had all those Hutt Affection Tokens and what-not in some weird shrine dedicated to my Inquisitor hidden on the ship, or;

C. He was a hoarder.

So your reasoning is...yes, much better.

Yea, the romance options in the game are very lacking for most classes till level 30+.

Whats weird is the fact that depending on your class and gender you get a different number of romance options. Why does Sith Warrior have 2 females and 2 Males, yet Bounty Hunters have 1 each?

Because Mako (voiced by the hot Lacey Chabert) is all the female you need :D

Mako's face even looks like Lacey's...

Edited by Monoth

It's Spike, from Cowboy Bebop.

:eek: It is! How did I not recognize him?! Rhetorical question.

Well, this explains why I've been romancing Andronikos like mad with my Assassin- when I'd vowed to not get too wrapped up in that aspect of the game.

Now if they could just get Paul St. Peter (Vicious) to voice a romance-able Sith-something for female characters ;)