Companions that you did not want to take.(possible spoilers)

Path-x

When I rolled up my SW, a friend who knows me well told me from the beginning, "You're going to hate Quinn. He won't fit with your choices at all. You're going to want Quinn's looks with Pierces attitude." And she looks to be right (haven't gotten to Pierce yet)

My best gal pal said the same to me. Especially after I showed her the biography I wrote for my SW. lol. She said, I would want to throw Quinn out of the airlock and bring Pierce to the bridge. She was totally right. You'll have to tell me your impressions of Pierce when you get to him. My SW was instantly smitten. Of course, it could just be that voice.

Which is another thing I wish they would allow us to do. I want to place my companions where I want on the ship.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many are saying Rusk. I can understand, but compared to Skadge, he looks like your glorified ship bouncer. He stands closest to the ship's door with a big gun. Perfect. I think the problem with Rusk is that he's a forgettable companion. Besides being a loyal soldier, he's not as prominent as Scourge, T7, Doc, or Kira. He's just.. there. Edited by DarthGile

Many are saying Rusk. I can understand, but compared to Skadge, he looks like your glorified ship bouncer. He stands closest to the ship's door with a big gun. Perfect. I think the problem with Rusk is that he's a forgettable companion. Besides being a loyal soldier, he's not as prominent as Scourge, T7, Doc, or Kira. He's just.. there.

Most of the ranged gunmen fall into the category of; "Well every class needs a healer, ranged tank, ranged dps, so um here's yours!".

While not generally that bad they really fall flat when when those slots aren't filled by a 4/5 companion, because short of making that companion an interesting unseen alien, by chapter 2/3 the game simply isn't detailed enough to make you give a crap about the generic human guy you just got for some reason.

Technically speaking it would have made more sense to let you higher on any of the random planet mission npcs and just let the player pick their favorite of the bunch. That would have presented a ton of problems and been a huge development task, but that's basically what most of the gunmen companions essentially are anyways.

Well, that's more given to circumstances than anything else. You have a slicer with a heart of gold and a weakness for ugnaughts, a scoundrel that's been on the run, a 19-year-old mandalorian, a jawa with wanderlust, and Skadge.

Erm...isn't he a good 30+ years older than the bounty hunter?

Just thought of something here. He said he was on the run/was a prominent smuggler for 30 years. We don't know when he started. He could very well be 30+ years older, or, in my headcanon, he's at most 20 years. Which puts him in his mid 40s to her mid 20s.

Not that big a deal, especially in that trade.

If anyone has the SWTOR Encyclopedia, that will probably have the companion ages in it and we'd get a straight answer as to how old he is.

Edit: Just looked it up. He is 54. I had had her around 26 in my head, so he's 28 years older.

Edited by Tattari

Kaylio. A hundred times, this stupid little Shutta should have been killed on Hutta.

It absolutely disgusts me that the agent's primary companion is an anarchist who

ACTIVELY BETRAYS THE EMPIRE

The agent's first/primary companion should have been a mirror of the Troopers, a loyal to the same faction, by the book sort, and most importantly, the kind of person who AN INTELLIGENCE ORGANIZATION can actually trust with the things going on in the story, not an anarchist that, as it's established from the word go, has no loyalty to anything or anyone.

I hate, hate, hate her with a passion, and am legitimately confused by anyone who thinks this was a good choice.

I'm also annoyed with the fact that Skadge had no real reason to join the Bounty Hunter. I'd be fine if it wasn't just "Oh, I'm with you now."

Edited by Darth_Vicente

Which is why I don't understand the Skadge hate for BH. Both Skadge and the Bounty HUnter are pretty much killers and not particularly loyal to either Empire or Republic. I still feel Skadge is the only character that jives with the BH I have. The other companions seem way too soft and not hard enough. The Bounty Hunters that Maul and Savage fought recently for example in Clone Wars all seemed cooler and badder than any of the BH companions except Skadge.

That really depends on LS/DS. As a Mandalorian, there is a code of honor that leans LS (if Torian is any indication). Skadge just wants to kill everyone and everything in his path. That is maybe what the Deathwatch want to do but not EVERY Mandalorian clan thinks that way.

Kaliyo. She just doesn't jive with my Agent. at all. She makes as much sense for an agent companion as Corso does for the smuggler.

Corso and the smuggler character remind me a LOT of the relationship between Luke and Han early on. Luke and Corso are naive farmboys and Han and the smuggler are streetwise all about the money. There were times I actually enjoyed pissing off Corso :)

That really depends on LS/DS. As a Mandalorian, there is a code of honor that leans LS (if Torian is any indication). Skadge just wants to kill everyone and everything in his path. That is maybe what the Deathwatch want to do but not EVERY Mandalorian clan thinks that way.

Corso and the smuggler character remind me a LOT of the relationship between Luke and Han early on. Luke and Corso are naive farmboys and Han and the smuggler are streetwise all about the money. There were times I actually enjoyed pissing off Corso :)

This might be true if you're playing a male!smuggler. But playing a female!smuggler, it's just....creepy as hell. He skeeves me out like whoa.

Another thing is I have observed that most people who play Empire always like to make DS choices and it is rare that you encounter Empire players who make LS choices. In fact most Empire players I talk to irl claim that if they ever played a Jedi even they would always make DS choices. Therefore I thought anyone playing Empire would gravitate to someone like Skadge who probably is the most evil and despicable companion in this game.

Another side note are the people who complain about Gungans and Ewoks in the movie chapters. I figured Skadge would be a refreshing change to the usual cartoony cast you find in Star wars features.

Another thing is I have observed that most people who play Empire always like to make DS choices and it is rare that you encounter Empire players who make LS choices. In fact most Empire players I talk to irl claim that if they ever played a Jedi even they would always make DS choices. Therefore I thought anyone playing Empire would gravitate to someone like Skadge who probably is the most evil and despicable companion in this game.

Another side note are the people who complain about Gungans and Ewoks in the movie chapters. I figured Skadge would be a refreshing change to the usual cartoony cast you find in Star wars features.

I don't know what the numbers are overall, but I played my bh as mostly LS with some DS choices here and there. I know that some players who played DS were unhappy with Skadge as well, as his recruitment is a bitter pill to swallow for any player who has a character that doesn't like to be pushed around.

By the way, in no way am I saying Skadge should be removed as a possible companion. He clearly fits with some bounty hunters, such as yours. I just would like the option to leave his steaming corpse behind me on Belsavis :cool:

I don't know what the numbers are overall, but I played my bh as mostly LS with some DS choices here and there. I know that some players who played DS were unhappy with Skadge as well, as his recruitment is a bitter pill to swallow for any player who has a character that doesn't like to be pushed around.
They really should have written some sort of scuffle or given the player an option for the BH and Skadge to actually fist fight, with the BH winning and Skadge grudgingly agreeing to follow the BH. Kinda like a more amusing version of

The BH beating up that mouthy noble on Alderaan.

Not that sure about that really. I have 4 imp characters and I think my SI made it to DS1 once but they mostly end up pretty grey given the daft LS/DS point allocation on Imp shared quests. It's also worth separating calculated DS like Quinn and Lokin who are pretty rational about the whole thing really from stupid evil (Kaliyo, Skadge, DS Jaesa, Thana Vesh).

I would argue Skadge is actually kinda cartoony he's the guy tying helpless damsels on train tracks for no apparent reason. Quinn, Ashara and Dr. Lokin I found quite refreshing though as they get actual character development and or display a brain (I'm ignoring the Quinncident for the purposes of this post sadly).