People are amazing

MouseNoFour

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Champs had the same ability as the bigger bosses... you know the one where incapacitating/stunning effects dont work? I know ive come across some before, so the "WAAAIIIIT" from the healer was proberbly them about to say they cant CC the champ, just a guess :-/

just a guess but if you look on top of the mobs avatar it tells you if they have boss immunity or not

L2P!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Learn to play? urm... I play quite well thanks... and your only repeating what I said in MY post which was "I thought Champs had the same ability as the bigger bosses... you know the one where incapacitating/stunning effects dont work, I know ive come across some before" meaning I have checked the champs and they HAVE had the boss immunity before but not all of the champs do

LTR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I thought Champs had the same ability as the bigger bosses", implies that you don't know about the icon on the buff bar that tells you that, and simply figure that it's a champion thing. "I know ive come across some before", is written as more of an afterthought than anything else, as though someone had let you know that a champion was able to be cc'd and you went "oh".

Your post does not read in a way that anyone could derive what you say it says.

LTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by MillionsKNives

Doing Athiss. You know how it is with noob tanks.

We get to the Alchemical Beast or whatever (The giant lizard).

ON the first try, we are wiped by adds (My fault, which I apolagize for not killing the adds as a DPS)

Second, The tank cannot keep aggro, the lizard is aggroed by me (A Sentinel DPS) and knocks me over the ledge, where I aggro a group of Elites. Yet again, a wipe. But the tanks fault.

Two more times we wipe due to the tank not keeping aggro and being knocked over.

Finally, after a lengthy chat, he understands and we beat him-- easy.

this is why I solo all the 4 man heroic daily quests...don't like dealing with tardos. Usually end up kicking folks from group and finishing with companion in HM fps too for my daily. I have low tolerance for stupid.

Yeah. One time this noob tank was having trouble on HM BP so he left we cleared it with my Khem and then we let him back for the final convo so he could get credit. I may not be willing to put up with idiots but I'm overly generous:p

Not really, don't know what games you've played but in ye olde days of Everquest, CC to a shdowknight also meant non-damage aggro abilities ("hate" spells). In its simplest terms, Crowd control is anything that controls the behavior of one or more NPCs. People may commonly use it to refer to a 60 sec duration stun nowadays, but given how many people misuse acronyms like PST I don't put much credence into modern usage.

In general, in an MMO setting the differences are:

CC: any ability that lasts longer than 15 seconds and removes a mob from activity (broken by damage).

Stun: any short term ability that removes a mob from activity (not broken by damage)

Mez: any short term ability that removes a mob from activity (broken by damage)

All these can be termed crowd control in the general meaning of control throughout a fight, but in MMO’s it’s accepted that the term CC means a long term disable of a mob.

I’m sure you can go any number of ways to disprove those meanings by posting names of games that use the terminology in a different way. But that’s only good if you want to argue semantics, which I really don’t :p

Group finder is like speed dating.. Nothing good is going come out of it so why bother!

ROFLMAO!!!!

Thats actually quite the statement :)

Have to agree after this last night!

Final run (been a long day for only 6 hardmodes) I get FE on imp side

Im healer and grouped with a tank that doesnt taunt, a merc DPS that doesnt cc, and a assassin

We get to 2nd boss (the bombing shuttle you use turret on while healer and tank and spare DPS fight BOSS)

Well DPS dont wanna do turret (dont laugh, this is the THIRD FE PUG I been in (in last 2 weeks) that the DPS dont work the turret and its left to me, the healer to do or wipe)

Then we get to HK and tank tells DPS to NOT KILL TURRETS (which makes my job 1000% harder considering the tank seemed to have NO damage reductions going. 20khealth but dropped faster then most 17k health tanks ive seen).

We get through the HK run and DPS goes, "hey you dont mind if I go AFK to bring in the new year (eastern time on a west coast server)

I stayed quiet through it all and just shoke my head and dropped, enough was enough.

If DPS didnt have time for FP, should not have queued up for FP.

I swear to god almighty, the Pugs have gotten REALLY BAD these last 2 weeks, TERRIBLE.

Meanwhile whilst leveling my Marauder from 45-46 on the planet Voss.

LFG [Random H4 Heroic]

Merc: invite

You have invited Merc

Merc: lets go

Me: we only have 2

Merc: i am 50

You have entered a Heroic area

Merc: where is talos?

Me: that is Sith Inquisitor

Me: I am a Sith Marauder

Merc: ok get quinn out

Merc: do you have any cc?

Me: are you new?

Merc: are you an äss?

You have left the Heroic area

You have left the group

/chuckle

lol thats awesome

I have two good ones right of the top of my head. The first, being with my Vanguard tank, on Athis. I was queued with a Sentinel, Gunslinger, and Sage healer. The two dps's were friends of watch others. Apon the first mob, the Sentinel leaps in before I have time to do anything. Still learning this class, I had a hard time getting threat off of him, and on to me. Barely saved him. After this, I asked him to not charge in befor I do anything, as this makes my job harder. He asked, what are you talking about, I'm the tank. I was a little confused, just responded with a ?. He repeated, I'm the tank. I explained that I was the tank, as I was marked, and an appropriate tanking class. He said, no, I'm a Jedi, so I can deflect the bullets, and, I have a tanking stance. His Gunslinger friend said I could even do a better job, cuz I have a shield. I was getting pretty confused. The healer was backing me up at this point, and they were still not understanding the mechanics. Eventually, they got pissed, and voted to kick me. After I was removed, I ignored them, and requeued. A few minutes later, the healer whispered me, apologizing for them, and said they *****ed out another tank. He left, I got him in my group, and went through it with no difficulties.

Another great one, was with my Merc DPS. We had another Merc DPS, a Juggernaut tank, (can't remember what the healer was, but it doesn't really matter in this story). Thus was on boarding party. Right off the bat, our tank wasn't in her tank stance. Quickly corrected her, and moved on. We get through a few mobs, and our tank is doing a bad job. The two DPS's are taking more damage then the tank. Now let me say this, our healer, was amazing, keeping all three of us alive. Eventually, he pointed out that the DPS's are taking to much damage and he can't keep up on the healing. She said something on the line of, they're in heavy armor though, they can live. Healer explained that this wasn't the case. She understood then, we moved on. We are still getting shot at more than her. Healer explains how to do things, he had alot of patience. She started doing a little better, but still bad. Eventually, she left because the healer was being to mean (he really wasn't). We got out his tank companion, and complete the FP flawlessly.

...... We got out his tank companion, and complete the FP flawlessly.

Had to be a Sorc - Khem is nearly as good as most player tanks. I'm not scared to go anywhere with him, even tho he calls me ''little Sith" all the time lol.

I'm sure people have heard these already but I'll share anyway, he made me LOL a few times today.

"Kiliks are surprisingly tasty" as we were going back into the area crawling with them.

and "Junk merchants taste really bad" after sending him on a gray item run.

and then "This area is too placid" after just taking out a group of 7 strongs 1-2 levels over us we blundered into. We each had just a sliver of health left - good thing the DOT's wore off quickly.

My absolute favorite came from a tank, actually. I usually play a healer type, mind you. So I was running a FP one day with the group finder on my Operative healer. We come running up to the first boss of the FP and we're all standing there, waiting for the tank to ... umm ... tank. You know, go in there and actually hit something, taunt, get aggro -- something.

Finally, one of the DPS just asks why the tank is waiting. He replies, "Who? Me?" "Yes, powertech. You are marked as the tank, because you qued up as a tank in the group finder." He finally jumps in there and starts hitting the boss. But he tosses not a single taunt. We wipe. He's complaining these NPC's are just too tough. But we all come back, and carefully instruct him. I mean it. "You have to taunt. You should have the button on your action bar. Just taunt the boss, keep him focused on you. Promise I'll heal you." I'm beyond grateful the DPS is so patient. Neither of them left, anyway.

We come to the next boss. We're all standing there. Tank does nothing. Finally, I ask him what's wrong. He says to me, I kid you not, "I tanked the last guy. It's your turn."

To this day, I am not sure why the dps stuck around. Heck, they didn't even type curses into the party chat. They even waited as I explained there was no single way in the world my healing Operative was going to be able to tank anymore than he'd be able to heal my Operative with his Powertech. "Our characters just have different abilities, guy. You have to tank. It's your job during this entire flashpoint."

But honestly. I thought the fact we finished the flashpoint was great. He even seemed to be having fun by the end. And except for that first wipe, we didn't really have too many issues. The DPS seemed to be pretty cool. Shot me a couple of whispers thanking me for good heals, anyway. I chalked the whole thing up to someone who really just didn't have a clue what he was doing. And I walked away with a decently funny story from it, shrug. So it's all good.

similar thing happened to me a few days ago while doing a groupfinder flashpoint run. scoundrel here.

basically I had the most HP (about 22k) and the 'tank'(about 14k) told me I need to tank. my reply was something along the lines of 'ok, my gear is kinda OP for this, but I dooon't think I am this OP - yet'

in the end one of the two dps tanked because they had about 20k too (I think it was a guardian but I'm not sure anymore) and we just told the 'tank' to get tionese gear and practice. no need to freak out, but definitely a funny story to tell. (unlike that LI HM run where the tank thought recruit gear would be 'more than enough' and kept calling me a crappy healer because I couldn't heal him through standing in the lightning vortex :rolleyes: )

My absolute favorite came from a tank, actually. I usually play a healer type, mind you. So I was running a FP one day with the group finder on my Operative healer. We come running up to the first boss of the FP and we're all standing there, waiting for the tank to ... umm ... tank. You know, go in there and actually hit something, taunt, get aggro -- something.

Finally, one of the DPS just asks why the tank is waiting. He replies, "Who? Me?" "Yes, powertech. You are marked as the tank, because you qued up as a tank in the group finder." He finally jumps in there and starts hitting the boss. But he tosses not a single taunt. We wipe. He's complaining these NPC's are just too tough. But we all come back, and carefully instruct him. I mean it. "You have to taunt. You should have the button on your action bar. Just taunt the boss, keep him focused on you. Promise I'll heal you." I'm beyond grateful the DPS is so patient. Neither of them left, anyway.

We come to the next boss. We're all standing there. Tank does nothing. Finally, I ask him what's wrong. He says to me, I kid you not, "I tanked the last guy. It's your turn."

OMG, that is great. You should have told him "I healed last time. It's your turn." =)

My worst group experience came during a Taral V HM (group finder) run.

I'm a Vanguard Tank. The player in question was a DPS. Three of us were content with skipping everything, but the one DPS wanted to kill everything in the zone.

So, as were are cruising up the hill, he decided to aggro the first skippable champion. This caught us off guard, and we had to fly back to try to save him. As the healer was the furthest up the hill, he didn't get back in time, and we wiped.

We informed him that the three of us did not want a full completionist run of Taral V, and I tried to tell him how much longer that would take. He was not happy, and made sure to aggro the big droid boss to force us to fight him. Once we were inside, he was aggroing mobs that were skippable. At one point, I was moving ahead (skipping mobs) and found he had put us in combat again. He had pulled another bunch, and I worked my way back, but couldn't get back in time to prevent the healer from dying. After the fight, as I am rezzing the healer, he pulls again! Then, he complains when he dies. I told him it's not wise to pull mobs while your healer is being rezzed by the tank. He was really starting to get on my nerves.

Eventually, we get to the final boss. We were all willing to fight the final boss, and after defeating him without trouble, he rolls Need a Trooper armor piece (he was not a Trooper). I didn't even notice he did it, but then he said "I hope you all don't mind me rolling Need, but I needed that for my companion."

At this point, I am upset. I didn't care about the armor piece itself. If he had asked "Hey, do you guys mind if I Need this for my companion," I would have given my consent (even after his walking clusterfrak grouping). I already had at least Columi for that part, as did my companions. I was upset that he did it without asking. When I informed him that what he did wasn't cool (very diplomatic, mind you), he said something insulting. I congratulated him on being the first person to work their way to my /ignore list.

The following day, I was getting into a pre-nerf Denova SM Op. The offending player actually fills the last spot, and I informed the Op leader that I would not group with that guy, since he made us wipe a couple times in Taral V, and then ninja'd a drop the day before. The Op leader immediately removed the player from the Op, and I felt good that I got revenge so quickly =)

I answered an LFG on Coruscant the other day. I don't remember which Heroic it was, but it was like a level 12 and I was level 13. As soon as I started headed toward the heroic, the leader (a level 18 who could've solo'd the dang thing at that level) booted me. ***??? No reason was given. I asked. They just kicked me from doing a Heroic at my level for no reason.

I answered an LFG on Coruscant the other day. I don't remember which Heroic it was, but it was like a level 12 and I was level 13. As soon as I started headed toward the heroic, the leader (a level 18 who could've solo'd the dang thing at that level) booted me. ***??? No reason was given. I asked. They just kicked me from doing a Heroic at my level for no reason.

Probably was turning into a 'Bro-Group' or a higher level wanted in and they decided you would have to be healed so out you went. Then they were too ashamed to admit it. Sad.