Sith with 'lightside colour-crystals'

AnarchyP

I have been in the mood to roleplay a moral, sane Sith, but I was wondering if it'd be impossible for a Sith to wear lightside colours without getting killed for 'treason' or someother silly reason? Edited by AnarchyP

I don't see why not. Plenty of evil Jedi use their normal colored lightsabers (blue, green) while doing all kinds of awful things to people.

As formal sith it may be looked down upon but honestly I just think it's the availability and the source for the particular colors that decide what's used. That and red looks menacing? Anyway.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think red are artificially made crystals but the blues and greens are naturally cultivated somewhere.

Yellow, orange, purple and whatnot... no clue. Probably artificial.

Edited by PartVI

Exar Kun used a blue lightsaber. And as seen in Kotor II, Freedan Nadd had a bronzish lightsaber, so I guess that counts as a lightside color too.

Oddly enough, I don't think that any Sith had ever previously used a purple lightsaber, which they seem to get a lot in TOR.

Edited by Krazikarl

I have been in the mood to roleplay a moral, sane Sith, but I was wondering if it'd be impossible for a Sith to wear lightside colours without getting killed for 'treason' or someother silly reason?

Not really. You can even lie about your color. "Why is your saber crystal blue?" "I finally hunted down my rival, a Jedi master by the name of ___. I killed him and took it as a trophy. I find it humorous to know that his precious crystal is now in the hands of the Sith."

Yeah I vaguely remember somewhere in the EU cannon where they said that blue/green were the original colors of the natural crystals used, but the dark jedi who turned sith used methods (force related? or just technology?) to make more powerful crystals which were red.

A jedi using a red crystal made by the sith would be a bit hard to explain. But the galaxy is a large place, there's no reason why it's not plausible that there are natural red crystals too.

On the other hand, there's nothing in the cannon that really says red crystals are better/stronger in any way (in general, or just for DS users), so a sith using a different color would just be a break from tradition.

Actually Luke's green crystal is artificial as well, he made it with Obi Wan's tools (Shadow of the Empire).

There is no absolute rule for red/blue/green. It's just a definition George Lucas made for the sake of it so they would look different.

Sith tend to use red ones because they want to distinguish themselves from the Jedi. However, Jedi, Dark Jedi, fallen Jedi and Sith use whatever they like.

I found it sad that in this game there is such a stupid distinction.

Well, I can't complain. My favorite color is yellow and that's neutral

Courtesy of Softshell on the Lore and Story forum:

Orange-Freedon Nadd, Darth Maul(books/comics)

denotes pure evil, enjoying the power of the dark side and is loyal to it

Yellow-Lowbacca, Darth Roakill

denotes people who believe in greater understanding of the force outside jedi beliefs, but is aware of the dark sides dangers, allows jedi's to come close to the dark side---neutral

Purple-Mace Windu, Jaina Solo

both characters strayed close to the dark side(Jaina fell but got redeemed), means potential to go to the dark side is there

Blue-Anakin, Obi-Wan

means warrior or defender using the arts of a lightsaber. characters with this colour are good with wielding the saber and like to take action

Green-Yoda, Qui-gon, Luke(episode 6)

use the force to carry out battle. have much understanding of the force and are calm and intelligent

Red-Sidious, Dooku, Vader

obviously the dark side, synthesized crystals therefore they are not natural. shows how sith manipulate the force instead of letting the force guide them

It seems there are definitions associated to each crystal color.

Technically speaking that would make you a Dark Jedi and not an actual Sith (be it species or the Sith Empire). The race of Sith were "a proud and violent species..." according to the Star Wars Database. Each member of said race had a symbiotic relationship with the Dark Side of the Force. You could say that they were 'hard wired' to be filled with a certain level of hatred and evil. The Dark Jedi on the other hand could refer to what you appear to be going for. A Force sensative being that has chosen to deny the teachings of the Light Side. This would result in an "eviler" character but not as evil and hating as their Sith brethren.

Just a thought! If you are going the role-playing route it just does not seem right to call yourself Sith yet claim to be moral and nice. ;)

Play it you will enjoy it. As I am a Light Juggernaut. There is a whole STORY LINE within the game as to how and why it could and does happen. Even how.

You guys neglect to look at the WHOLE picture of the political / social views of someone from thee Sith Empire and some growing up in say the Republic.

So many ideological differences you guys are not taking into account you can choke on.

Tidbit on Crystals maybe this helpe

"Before placing the crystal in the lightsaber, the Jedi or Sith must imbue them with the Force. To do this, the Force-user must meditate on the crystals for many days. Luke Skywalker meditated on his crystal in Ben Kenobi's home for many days with only R2-D2 to keep him company.

While the Jedi used natural crystals, the Sith often used red-hued synthetic crystals. Sith-made synthetic crystals create a slightly more powerful blade when energized by the dark side of the Force, occasionally demonstrating the ability to "break" Jedi lightsaber blades, disrupting the energy circuit and shorting out the weapon, as almost happened to Obi-Wan Kenobi while fighting Darth Vader on the first Death Star. However, this rarely happened, and as synthetic crystals demonstrated a slightly lower amount of maneuverability, this advantage was very slim. Darth Sidious made Darth Maul use a special furnace to make his own crystals. Maul worked constantly for several days to make the four crystals needed for his double-bladed lightsaber. Their creation required intense concentration, as Darth Maul had to use the Force to make them the proper shape and to ensure that the crystals were free from impurities. He was particularly proud of this achievement and believed it to be an example of the Sith's superiority over the Jedi.

However, it should be noted that Sidious did not make his subsequent apprentices—Tyranus and Vader—create their crystals in such a manner, instead supplying them himself.

Luke Skywalker's synth-crystal generated blade.

Luke Skywalker used a special furnace he found in Obi-Wan Kenobi's home to prepare his crystal.[1] In both Skywalker and Maul's cases, the creator channeled their Force energies into the crystals as it was formed, making it unique in every way, including in color.

Around 4,000 BBY, lightsaber crystals were used to indicate a Jedi's chosen class. Blue indicated a Jedi Guardian, a Jedi who used the Force on a more physical level. Green indicated a Jedi Consular, a Jedi who preferred to reflect on the mysteries of the Force and fight the dark side at its heart. Yellow indicated a Jedi Sentinel, a Jedi who honed their skills in a balance of combat and scholarly pursuits.

This distinction fell out of practice in later years when most Jedi used blue or green crystals based on choice, and the supply of them on various source worlds. Purple, yellow, and orange crystals were still used by some Jedi until the the fall of the Jedi Order, but they were exceedingly rare, and often passed down through generations.[source?] The Galactic Empire banned trade and possession of all lightsaber crystals.

During the Great Sith War epoch, many lightsabers were created using Kunda stones, a natural geologic formation from the planet Kadril, in place of crystals. These stones boasted numerous practical applications in medicine and communications; however, when added to other focusing crystals, they produced a broader beam." Star Wars Extended Universe Lore (SWEUL)

"For millennia, the Jedi Order lit lightsabers in every color and hue imaginable. However, following the Battle of Ruusan, the hues of most available crystals had been limited to either blue or green. Lightsaber color crystals could also be compressed, resulting in a pulsating blade, or they could be unstable, resulting in a core which swirled and sparkled."

I hope these tidbits of information help.

MMORPG (Multi-Media Online Role Playing Game) Just in case some of you guys forgot.-