The speeders that were supposed to protect you from being knocked on your bum...

kifa

So I got this Nightshade-speeder that is supposed to offer 'excellent protection from being knocked off'... Yeah, that is a blatant lie if I ever saw one. I get knocked on my bum everytime mobs take a shot at me. Even those that are four levels below me. Why??

I've come to terms with being knocked off my mount when I play mmo's. It's a fact of life... Even though I think it's an insanely stupid and frustrating feature, that always seems to find its way into these types of games.

But why put this description on these speeders when it is clearly not true? Is it a bug or an oversight, or is it just a thinly veiled troll attempt?

Edited by kifa

Don't know if that specific vehicle is bugged or not, but there's generally a big difference between the ones I've used across the levels.

I can still get knocked down/off, but it's vastly different across the characters and levels I have (had)

Speeder 1 to Speeder 3 gave me a distinct different experience.

Edited by xandax

Protection from being knocked off, not having the speeder blow up underneath you. The most it can offer is an increase in the amount of damage it takes before this happens or an increase in the speeder's dodge value. Although to be honest it is probably just spiel, the speeder vendor is like a secondhand car salesman, nice story but you can't beleive a word of it.

Do you have speeder piloting lvl 3?

Because from what I remember a speeder lvl 1 means little resistance, 2 means moderate resistance and 3 means high resistance

A adaptive speeder then would then function according to which speeder piloting lvl you have

Edited by SNCommand

The most it can offer is an increase in the amount of damage it takes before this happens or an increase in the speeder's dodge value.

Haven't tested it on a level 50 yet, so can't speak to that. I have it on my level 20 with speeder piloting 1. What I do know is that it happens the instant someone shoots at me.

I hate this game mechanic.... with every fiber of my being.

Speeder piloting 1 isn't supposed to protect you from anything, regardless of the speeder you have. If you hate the mechanic so much, I have a very easy solution... Don't play. If you hate something why continue to take part in it?

Speeder piloting 1 isn't supposed to protect you from anything, regardless of the speeder you have. If you hate the mechanic so much, I have a very easy solution... Don't play. If you hate something why continue to take part in it?

Better yet, why is he playing in a sort of way that has him speeding past so many mobs? Killing NPCs are a core part of most RPGs, they're a source of income, gear and experience which trying to speeder past removes

You're better of relying on your estimates of your aggro range.

That said, speeder piloting 1 on a 90% speeder offers very little protection against getting knocked off. It helps a little against the mobs on your starter planet, but the rest will knock you off.

Speeder piloting 2 on a 100% speeder allows you to take multiple hits before being knocked of upto roughly Tatooine.

Speeder piloting 3 on a 110% speeder allows you to take multiple hits before being knocked of upto roughly Quesh.

The speeders are meant to move around faster, not to bypass content. Through the "knock off resistance", they allow you to bypass content of much lower level, but not to bypass content that might be current to you.

whats wrong about speeder's and the knockdown is that your armor modifies how fast or even if you get knocked down. as a cloth wearer it having bubble up in the speed will prevent you from being knocked down.

also tank classes are far less likely to be knocked down than cloth casters.

the friends of swtor mount (the one you got by inviting a friend to play and he subscribed) has nothing of the sort in its description. from what you can read you should have the best protection even with speeder piloting1, yet you get knocked off very often on that mount even with speeder piloting3 (seems bugged).

whats wrong about speeder's and the knockdown is that your armor modifies how fast or even if you get knocked down. as a cloth wearer it having bubble up in the speed will prevent you from being knocked down.

Was not aware of that. That just makes it even more stupid.

Speeder piloting 1 isn't supposed to protect you from anything, regardless of the speeder you have.

While you are right and I would typically agree, but I have the Kurtob Alliance speeder that I get on my toons right from level 1 and used to use till 50 when I could finally get Speeder III but can now get at 40. And 9/10 I will get my speeder piloting 1 at level 10 and use it because even with speeder 1 you get the 110% speed increase on it. Now with that you also seem to get the benefits of the knockdown protection from speeder 3 along with the speed bonus.

So either it is working as intended with that speeder or it has been oversight since they were released, but your statement isn't completely true either.

the friends of swtor mount (the one you got by inviting a friend to play and he subscribed) has nothing of the sort in its description. from what you can read you should have the best protection even with speeder piloting1, yet you get knocked off very often on that mount even with speeder piloting3 (seems bugged).

Really? I have had the exact opposite experience with the Kurtob Alliance speeder and I'll usually run speeder 1 through the whole way to 50 (well 40 now) using it and hardly if ever get knocked off.

I don't recall my one alt that has Piloting 3 being knocked off since I got it, even in lvl 50 areas like Ilum

but I haven't tried to mow through heavy mobs, either. You do take damage from ranged though.

This is AC 126 medium armor GS, btw.

Way to go off the deep end. The guy dislikes one mechanic and your supposed solution is to just stop playing the entire game? No wonder these forums are a joke.

Haven't tested it on a level 50 yet, so can't speak to that. I have it on my level 20 with speeder piloting 1. What I do know is that it happens the instant someone shoots at me.

So Speeder piloting 1 at level 20 means no knock off protection. I think we can safely cross this one off the list of real complaints.

with the kurtob, on any toon, i only get knocked off if i take a missle or sticky grenade, any laser fire just impacts and i keep moving on my merry way, my main has lvl 3 speeder piloting, all my alts are lvl 1 with the same results, leveling i rarely avoid many mobs unless im in a hurry, but i have speeder-ed through whole camps to get to one objective with no knockoffs and about 30 mobs firing at me, did that last night on a trooper, so in conclusion, i believe that your knock off protection is great for laser fire, but taking a missle to the face will still knock you off no matter what piloting lvl you are

Way to go off the deep end. The guy dislikes one mechanic and your supposed solution is to just stop playing the entire game? No wonder these forums are a joke.

Forgive him, for he knows not what he does :cool: