Can a Fully Honed Mandalorian beat a Jedi?

pawnofevil

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends of a lot of variables, how experienced are they?, how tired are they?, does Mandalorian have some edge? ie surprise, what level of fitness are they?

If an experienced, well rested Mandalorian at peak of physical fitness gets the edge on a Jedi then he/she might beat him/her. Likewise an inexperienced Jedi would probably be in trouble against Mandalrians.

Also type of Jedi would come into play, Knights are combat experts, but lack force lift/push, while a Consular could push Mandalorian away then lift them and escape.

Also I noted that you opened two copies of exact same thread minutes apart, why?

Can a fully honed Mandalorian beat a random Jedi? You bet.

Yes they can beat "a jedi". However, If you throw a fully honed Mandalorian against specific force users such as Darth Vader, Caedus Sidious, Bane, Malgus, Luke Skywalker (when jedi master,) Mara Jade Skywalker, Jaina Solo, Kyle Katarn, Yoda etc.

I wouldn't want to be the Mandalorian. However, some random jedi? Sure.

It really all depends on level of experience and the situ... so we are referring to your average Mandalorian warrior versus your average Jedi Knight.

If we assume that both of our combatants are experienced and at their peak in skill and physical capability, with access to their traditional armaments meeting in an unprepared fashion I say the outcome is unsure...

Does the Jedi reliance on using only the Lightsaber decrease their chance of victory when faced with an arsenal of different gadgets and weapons (flamethrowers, rocket darts, poison gas, explosives, projectile weapons and more...) ?

Certainly from an ethical standpoint a Jedi is bound by his or her code, which dissallows the use of the Force to directly harm a foe, a Mandalorian is bound by no such code and may be as ruthless as necessary to secure victory. As a counterpoint the Jedi has the Force and all the abilities that it endows.

I don't think I could claim to know who would win, but it'd be one hell of a fight!

:)

I really wish people stop considering mandalorians special.

Yes they can beat a jedi just like everyone else can depending on the situation.

Jedi are powerfull, skillfull but hardly invincebol.

A untrained civilion could kill a jedi if he gets a lucky shot.(same with sith)

The main advantage of the jedi lies in the fact there very well trained.

Darth traya sayed it herself.

That the mandalorian time was gone and future mandalorian would die to easly to a jedi blade.

Manadalorian's are capebol warriors.

So are troopers, bounty hunter, commando's etc

Fighting a jedi is like fighting a shao-lin monk difficult but winable.

Beside if you know there combat style(and many do) you just bring counters.

After all a lightsaber isnt going to stop: mines rockets flametrowers etc.

It only stop blasters(and if you rewatch the sith intro move you see it even stop ship blasters but only blasters)

Edited by internaty

I look at it this way, on any given sunday, the any dog can have his day.

There are so many variables that come into who wins and who loses it's not even funny.

Is it just a random encounter with an average jedi vs an average mando or smuggler, or trooper, or imperial guard or just joe schmoe. Yeah it could go either way.

Is the mando trying to capture the jedi. Did he prepare the battlefield, is he lying in wait, does he have traps within traps, is he kitted out for it. More often than not, jedi is going down.

Could jango or boba fett catch somebody like luke skywalker. Yeah i think they could if they carefully prepared and had an airtight strategy with plenty of back-ups, plans within plans with a lot of leeway for different responses, yeah i think they could do it.

It's all about strategy, tactics, how well you can counter abilities, if you prepare the battle area ahead of time.

again OP, you are asking for an absolute based on so many variables, it's impossible to calculate. Can it be done? Yes. Will it be done, well thats up to a lot of things.

No, or at least no in the sense that if the Jedi in question is a fully trained Knight and knows what he is doing. Against a padawan though?...Ya I could see the win for the Mando there why not? But that doesn't mean he wouldn't have trouble, a padawan is still a Jedi who is trained since a toddler in using The Force and being in CQC.

However against a fully trained Jedi Knight/Master that actually knows what they are doing in combat? No, I mean that was sort of proven with Luke and Obi-Wan against Jango/Boba.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Umm wolf, at best obi-wan fought to a stand still.

Just because a jedi has the force doesn't mean he can see every danger, react as fast a superman and defeat any threat without breaking a sweat.

Sorry it doesn't work like that.

If it did, in Phantom Menace, Qui-gon and Obi-wan would of made mincemeat of those droidikas and taken over the ship instead of running like hell.

Give you an example. If i set mines, high fire repeating blasters, flame throwers and melee combat plus a few grenades for good measure, do you think a jedi could stop that all at once. Yeah he could avoid it, or have a feeling of immense danger, then i could start with one, then overload him with so many threats at once, you wouldn't know whether to crap or go blind.

The force is not the end all be all trump card. Yes it is an advantage, but one that can be circumvented. This is why I hate people saying that "nobody can take a jedi" Umm...considering many have taken down and or killed jedi in the past, i think evidence points to the opposite.

Again I say, if a Mando or hell a smuggler if you want, prepared the battlefield, shaped it to his advantage and used everything, INCLUDING the force usage of the jedi to his advantage, yes he can win and win easily.

Again I say, if a Mando or hell a smuggler if you want, prepared the battlefield, shaped it to his advantage and used everything, INCLUDING the force usage of the jedi to his advantage, yes he can win and win easily.

Don't forget that the Jedi are allied to the republic and can use diplomacy to have the Mando bombed from orbit. Jedi wins.

Umm wolf, at best obi-wan fought to a stand still.

Just because a jedi has the force doesn't mean he can see every danger, react as fast a superman and defeat any threat without breaking a sweat.

Sorry it doesn't work like that.

If it did, in Phantom Menace, Qui-gon and Obi-wan would of made mincemeat of those droidikas and taken over the ship instead of running like hell.

Give you an example. If i set mines, high fire repeating blasters, flame throwers and melee combat plus a few grenades for good measure, do you think a jedi could stop that all at once. Yeah he could avoid it, or have a feeling of immense danger, then i could start with one, then overload him with so many threats at once, you wouldn't know whether to crap or go blind.

The force is not the end all be all trump card. Yes it is an advantage, but one that can be circumvented. This is why I hate people saying that "nobody can take a jedi" Umm...considering many have taken down and or killed jedi in the past, i think evidence points to the opposite.

A standstill? Really? Seems like Jango got his butt whooped to me, and the only reason he got away was due to the whip cord. I am talking about 1 on 1 combat, not having any prep time just a straight up fight.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

The Mandalorian Wars are that way -->

Edit: or you can visit the battle circle and watch a Jedi beat the snot out of our best warrior on their terms! :D

Edit again: Or we can watch Ulic Qel-Droma easily beat Mandalore the Indomitable when MtI has every advantage possible.

Edited by Aurbere

Q. Fully trained and experienced Mando vs. Average Jedi

A. Mando

Q. Fully trained Mando vs. Jedi Master (or an exceptional knight/plot protected jedi)

A. Jedi

Q. Fully trained Mando vs. EU Luke Skywalker

A. the start of a bad joke

Q. Average Mando vs. Average Jedi

A. 40/60 in favor of the jedi

Edit: If you look for my thread on the Mandalorians (Controversy) there where some good discussions about the strength of Mandos. I believe it was agreed that a team of highly experienced Mandos could take down a jedi master in some situations.

Edited by StarSquirrel

Q. Fully trained and experienced Mando vs. Average Jedi

A. Mando

Q. Fully trained Mando vs. Jedi Master (or an exceptional knight/plot protected jedi)

A. Jedi

Q. Fully trained Mando vs. EU Luke Skywalker

A. the start of a bad joke

Q. Average Mando vs. Average Jedi

A. 40/60 in favor of the jedi

Edit: If you look for my thread on the Mandalorians (Controversy) there where some good discussions about the strength of Mandos. I believe it was agreed that a team of highly experienced Mandos could take down a jedi master in some situations.

^^^ Perfect summary.

Well riddle me this everybody.

If jedi are so awesome and powerful, why would Jaina Solo go ask Boba Fett and the Mandalorians how to take down Caedus?

Why in the first mock training battle would the "Sword of the Jedi" get beat down like a 2 year old in a K-mart store?

Something tells me that and i go back to this line "on any given sunday, every dog has his day".

And i'll leave it at that.

Yes of course, many Mandalorians have killed Jedi. Jango Fett being one of them. But this is a very vague question, not every 'fully honed Mandalorian' can beat a Jedi. And not ever Jedi can beat a 'fully honed Mandalorian' - it all depends on the situation, and the skills of the combatant. However overall on the Jedi vs Mandalorian front, Jedi win - not always, but mostly.

But for the record, my BH (who became a Mandalorian) - killed a lot of stupid, arrogant Jedi. So yeah, Fenrus the Mandalorian > all Jedi, all Jedi. Even you Master Yoda, even you. (hooray for plot armour!) :D

Ok I'm going to say here since a lot are using jango and boba if any of you watched the clone wars or read about it you would know Jango stole Mando armor HE ISN'T A MANDO. Same with boba he is merely a cloned BH

Eh? Says on his bio, that Jango was adopted into the Mandalorian society and became a Mandalorian. Where does it state that he isn't a Mando? If so, then almost his entire backstory should be erased on his page.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Ok I'm going to say here since a lot are using jango and boba if any of you watched the clone wars or read about it you would know Jango stole Mando armor HE ISN'T A MANDO. Same with boba he is merely a cloned BH

Jango was adopted by a Mando and raised as one? I assume you're talking about the clone wars tv series, as it certainly doesn't say in the film that he'd not mandalorian. His being mandalorian is mentioned throughout the entire Republci Commando series, and probably in a few other places.

Jango wasn't a mando? GUY WAS MANDALORE. IE leader of the Mandalorian clans. Can't be Mandalore if you're not a mando.

Same for Boba Fett. Guy is Mandalore. Can't be leader of the mandalorian clans if you're not a mando.

You sir...FAIL

Didn't Boba Fett become Mandalore as well? I think that qualifies as Mandalorian. And I'm sure Jango became a Mandalorian quite early on, and fought with a clan and was somehow associated with Jaster Mereel - a Mandalorian. Basically Jango and Boba are Mandalorians, go check Wookieepedia.