Buy Guild Ships, Strongholds, etc. with CC

TravelersWay

Some of you coming to this post might be looking for a request that you are all fired up and ready to bash, but I am glad to be able to disappoint you.

That, or I just work for a few hours more and use that extra money to cheapskate buy my way through the cartel market I guess. Sounds more efficient.

Indeed, this comment got me thinking. There is no need to request the ability to buy Capital Ships, Strongholds, Legacy Storage, or what have you with Cartel Coins, because the ability to transfer CC to Credits is already possible.

By using CC to buy packs and other desirable items from the CM and then listing them on the GTN will easily allow guilds of any size to quickly buy a Guild Ship (and many unlocks) with little to no effort at all! Even with the current ability to unlock things like LS tabs with coins, you can actually use this method to do it cheaper with a bit of luck with obtaining some really hot CM items for less CC than the total unlocks would cost.

Problems of cost are solved!! For little time and pretty much no effort at all, those of us willing to use CC to get this prestige stuff can. I am not a big GTN person, but I have indeed gotten a boost in creds in the past for some stuff I had listed – none of which was desirable CM stuff.

So it seems to me, the problem is solved. No need to lower any of the prices; heck raise them for all I care! By using CC and converting that to the necessary amount of creds via the GTN with no effort needed whatsoever, we all can get the Guild Ships and Strongholds we are so desiring right now. Best of all, this will give the added benefit of get more funding into the game as well so that BioWare can afford to start making actual content for the game, instead of unneeded and unwanted Interior Designer fluff patches.

Edit: forget it, i can't read ;)

You are completely right, they will never make it able for people to use CC's directly to buy the guildships or other things for the guild. But this is indeed a good way. Just buy packs, sell them on the GTN, and there you have your guildship for CC's.

Edited by NCVens

So it seems to me, the problem is solved. No need to lower any of the prices; heck raise them for all I care! By using CC and converting that to the necessary amount of creds via the GTN with no effort needed whatsoever, we all can get the Guild Ships and Strongholds we are so desiring right now. Best of all, this will give the added benefit of get more funding into the game as well so that BioWare can afford to start making actual content for the game, instead of unneeded and unwanted Interior Designer fluff patches.

I have to wonder if that's not the actual intent of pricing them the way they have. They're not really encouraging people to go to gold sellers, but rather to the CM.

I might be confused here, but isn't everything except the guild ships possible to buy with CC? (out of all the new stuff that people are in uproar about I mean)

I believe so - since most of GSH is just int. designer fluff stuff I don't care about, I haven't really looked into the costs beyond what the hot topics are. Indeed, you can use CC to unlock things like the LS tabs, but as I mentioned, using the GTN to convert CC to creds may be a cheaper way to do it (essentially getting two or more tab extensions for the price of one if you are lucky enough).

I don't understand why you go around spamming the link to this thread in pretty much every other thread.

It's not like you've discovered some deep dark secret that nobody else knew.

The people who have enough money to spend on CC to get credits do it already.

The rest either can't afford it or don't like spending real money to get credits.

This thread isn't going to change anyones mind.

The problem with your suggestion is that it's via the GTN or in other words players.

Just like crafting if everybody starts doing this the value of those items will drop down and not make you much in the way of credits anymore. We see this with most rare items from the cartel packs already. Except like a walker mount and maybe one armour set, everything is dirt cheap from the last pack.

Dailies are a given source of income and are stable, reliable. That is the positive side of it. The down side of it is that it's boring and there aren't really any reliable alternatives. So for me the game just needs more types of activities that can make as much in credits as the dailies do. That's why I think they should do something about FP rewards for example. If I do dailies for an hour, why shouldn't I be able to make the same by doing a couple of FP's which last about that long? There are lots of FP's to do at level 50-55. That would add a lot more variation already to making credits.

Not to mention its still "Luck of the draw" What happens when you buy a pack and expect it to sell for say....5million. But because EVERYBODY had the same idea, that pack is only selling for 500000 credits....You've now basically burned real money. Nah....If they gonna make it available for direct purchase with cc's that's one thing.....but buying packs is always a risk.

Not to mention its still "Luck of the draw" What happens when you buy a pack and expect it to sell for say....5million. But because EVERYBODY had the same idea, that pack is only selling for 500000 credits....You've now basically burned real money. Nah....If they gonna make it available for direct purchase with cc's that's one thing.....but buying packs is always a risk.

I'm not so sure about that. The market is pretty much self-regulating; 1cc=1000credits holds on my server, at least. And 300-320k for a pack in the first weeks after the pack's release is almost a given. Obviously, you're not selling a 320cc pack for 500k(or a discounted pack for 300k - it'd go down to 220k), but you'll get your price.

Besides, there are other things people would always want. Humble Hero set, Eradicator's set, white and white dye, passes, unlocks... Heck, I myself bought a Rattataki unlock for 600cc, because it cost 900k on the GTN, and I decided not to help that greedy person. Race unlocks indeed sell quite well for ~600-650k.

• 3 weeks later...

Why is it that if we are already paying for a monthly subscription that we NOW have to pay to get a stronghold? These greedy #$%#$%#$% need to remember whom are keeping them in business. Who are watching their movies, and buying their products. I SOOOOO HATE greedy humans. Even if it with CC's. And I wonder why they loose players and customers to other games when they let their greed run wide.

After all, they want to to stay with them so the can milk us some more!

Why is it that if we are already paying for a monthly subscription that we NOW have to pay to get a stronghold? These greedy #$%#$%#$% need to remember whom are keeping them in business. Who are watching their movies, and buying their products. I SOOOOO HATE greedy humans. Even if it with CC's. And I wonder why they loose players and customers to other games when they let their greed run wide.

You don't have to pay (more IRL money) to get a stronghold. You can take the stronghold quest, buy your capital world stronghold for 5,000 credits, travel to it, and immediately get over 7,000 credits plus some decorations for completing the quest.

So they basically GIVE YOU OVER 2,000 CREDITS to get your stronghold.

What's more, I understand you can take the quest on every character in your legacy and complete it just by traveling to the stronghold you already bought so that's an additional over 7,000 credits profit per character.

How f'n money-grubbing of them. You should unsub.

Edited by DarthTHC

You seem...very confused. :confused:

Imagine how long it would take for a guild, for each person, to do dailies and for the guild to collectively rack up 50m credits, with each person adding as much as they can considering they may need money for repairs or augments or whatever.

Obviously for much larger guilds it will be easier, but most guilds don't have enough players to even reach that many credits.

The credits are high, and bioware knows you can pretty much buy credits with CC, bioware are gonna make a lot of money from guild ships i can tell you thhat

You buy the Nar Shaddaa stronghold for 0 credits. You get free decorations for completing the introductory mission. You can repeat said mission on every character for more stuff. You should probably check it out before raging.

Imagine how long it would take for a guild, for each person, to do dailies and for the guild to collectively rack up 50m credits, with each person adding as much as they can considering they may need money for repairs or augments or whatever.

Obviously for much larger guilds it will be easier, but most guilds don't have enough players to even reach that many credits.

The credits are high, and bioware knows you can pretty much buy credits with CC, bioware are gonna make a lot of money from guild ships i can tell you thhat

Yes, just imagine how hard it is for guilds to do that. For a guild of 8 contributing members, it's 12 whole hours of dailies per person. For a guild of 20, it's 5 hours each.

Alternatively, people could just click on the Crew Skills interface to send their crew on missions while they're doing whatever else they want to in the game, visit GTN every couple days, and do just fine that way, too.

BioWare is a bunch of money-grubbing code-ho's because players can't figure out basic math or how to use crew skills, yo!