Your funniest moment so far in the game

Paelos

I figured to add some levity to the general forums, I'd post my funniest moment in the game so far and hope others do the same.

As you may well know, whenever you talk to someone with a long piece of alien speakytalk, they tend to stare at you blankly long after they have finished jibberjabbering so you can read their long subtitles. If you are a fast reader, what you are usually left with is these awkward pauses in the conversation while you stare at the Rodian waiting for him to get to the point.

My funniest moment deals with one such Rodian who had a long winded way of expressing his anger with those people attacking him. As he was discussing in his speech about how awful these aliens were, he was oft given to dramatic pauses for effect. It went something like this:

Rodian: <jabber> Those guys are awful! <5 second stare>

Me: I can help you

Rodian: <jabber> Awesome because blah blah blah blah <5 second stare>

And then, just when you think the conversation is over. Just when you think he's done talking and perhaps has been doing the typical wait for you to finish reading pause, the Rodian raises a clenched fist and shakes it feebly at the character to express his undying hatred for those silly aliens.

And I died laughing because it was so unexpectedly awesome after series of these awkward pauses, one was FINALLY paid off. With a fist!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night on my Bounty Hunter I was listening to an Alderaanian noble go on about his cousin escaping when his son was pushed into the room by another noble accusing him of having slept with his wife. After trying to extort the boy's father for some ancestral land the Noble turned to me and said "If you shoot this extorting good-for-nothing I'll pay you double." and after selecting the option, "Double-Deal." My Bounty Hunter, without even looking away from the Noble, turned her gun sideways and said "They're your credits." and shot the other dead.

I didn't expect that and just lost it laughing. I love the BH storyline and I love her sarcasm in so many answers.

Thanks for sharing! It's nice to see a positive/humorous post for once.

Last night on my Bounty Hunter I was listening to an Alderaanian noble go on about his cousin escaping when his son was pushed into the room by another noble accusing him of having slept with his wife. After trying to extort the boy's father for some ancestral land the Noble turned to me and said "If you shoot this extorting good-for-nothing I'll pay you double." and after selecting the option, "Double-Deal." My Bounty Hunter, without even looking away from the Noble, turned her gun sideways and said "They're your credits." and shot the other dead.

I didn't expect that and just lost it laughing. I love the BH storyline and I love her sarcasm in so many answers.

Thanks for sharing! It's nice to see a positive/humorous post for once.

THIS.

I WAS GONNA SAY THIS.

This was so unbelievably awesome. I shot a man in the middle of a conversation, without even looking at him, while maintaining eye contact with the person I was talking too.

Then later, I shot Tarro Blood in cold blood because he wanted a Mandalorian duel of honor, but I much preferred that he die like a rat because that's how he killed my friends.

also spoilers.

(gain 50 dark side points)

Running along in Coruscant towards the taxi area thinking to myself it's very strange that on these incredibly tall buildings and cities they have no security railings in many places to prevent people from falling (or being pushed). People could just be walking along, trip and fall over the side of the city.

While running along and thinking this to myself, I turned the corner towards the taxi, jumped the railing, planned on hitting the ground running and instead fell to my death.

It amused me for some reason, anyways.

THIS.

I WAS GONNA SAY THIS.

This was so unbelievably awesome. I shot a man in the middle of a conversation, without even looking at him, while maintaining eye contact with the person I was talking too.

Then later, I shot Tarro Blood in cold blood because he wanted a Mandalorian duel of honor, but I much preferred that he die like a rat because that's how he killed my friends.

also spoilers.

(gain 50 dark side points)

YEAH!!!!

On a serious note, though - I CANNOT wait to put a bullet (or 20) in Tarro Blood! My BH is level 30 and I'm just having the most fun ever on her!

So far, the funniest moments for me have been the "Oh come on, why couldn't you just finish the damn quote!!!!" moments...

I.E. On my Sith warrior, during a conversation, I told someone "I find your lack of faith", at that point I was almost squealing with glee at the epicness... then my character went and said "insulting", and almost fell to me knees yelling "no" at that point, so close!.

There was another one or two where someone screamed "This is a trap!" and not "It's a trap!"

Damn you bioware, why must you taunt me so.

In the early Sith Warrior story line when you kill the one guys mom and chuck her across the room and she slams against the wall behind the guy you're about to kill. Pretty funny

Also on the Revanite quest line when the one NPC tells you about all he has accomplished and you respond sarcastically "what do you want me to say, IM VERY IMPRESSED".

Small early spoilers I guess

Mine would be the delayed death of some NPC's. Press 1, my character does the special "finishing move" and they just stand there for a second before finally realising they are dead and doing their death animation, gets me every time.

Running along in Coruscant towards the taxi area thinking to myself it's very strange that on these incredibly tall buildings and cities they have no security railings in many places to prevent people from falling (or being pushed). People could just be walking along, trip and fall over the side of the city.

While running along and thinking this to myself, I turned the corner towards the taxi, jumped the railing, planned on hitting the ground running and instead fell to my death.

It amused me for some reason, anyways.

They just don't want people leaning all day!

For me, its every elevator to exist in game. I havent found one that i havent lagged into the pit of doom yet!

I do laugh every signle time though, because I suffer from elevatoritis in every single game i do it seems :p

*runs around, turns a corner, BOOM theres an elevator shaft* *falls to death*

Mine was when I was playing on my Guardian. I was questing in the czerka base in the Dune Sea and there were some Empire players but they didn't bother me so I didn't bother them. I was waiting for the elevator and one of them ran up to the edge in front of me. I couldn't resist the urge, so I force pushed one of them. He bounced off the wall and down the elevator shaft. I couldn't stop laughing but it did start a pretty good skirmish.

So far, the funniest moments for me have been the "Oh come on, why couldn't you just finish the damn quote!!!!" moments...

I.E. On my Sith warrior, during a conversation, I told someone "I find your lack of faith", at that point I was almost squealing with glee at the epicness... then my character went and said "insulting", and almost fell to me knees yelling "no" at that point, so close!.

There was another one or two where someone screamed "This is a trap!" and not "It's a trap!"

Damn you bioware, why must you taunt me so.

~Forgot to edit original post, no delete button~

Also, the effectiveness of [Force Persuade] has always amused me, theres a side quest really early on on the republic side to go into a cantina and bring out some criminal... and the guy your supposed to bring out literally does a complete and hilariously executed 180 when you force persuade him... something along the lines of:

"You'll NEVER get me out of here without a fight!"

[Force Persuade]

"Yeah, I'll turn myself in, lets go"

Edited by Guaritorr

For me, its every elevator to exist in game. I havent found one that i havent lagged into the pit of doom yet!

I do laugh every signle time though, because I suffer from elevatoritis in every single game i do it seems :p

*runs around, turns a corner, BOOM theres an elevator shaft* *falls to death*

hahaha elevatoritis

I like this thread! *ignores the trolls* I had a couple of funny moments. When my friends and I do flashpoints/quests together, we usually wind up with a few good laughs when our characters say either cheesy or dark side things. XD My one friend plays Dark Side but we're all "goody goody" light side people so it's pretty funny to watch the group cutscenes.

Elevators of doom.. so many times I have jumped to my death. XD Noooo!

OH! ..and I think the "Victory or Nothing" spam in Esseles is pretty funny. I hope they never fix that XDD

Edited by akanesama