legacy transfer?

XxPizzaBoyxX

does anyone know if you keep your legacy upon transfering toons ??

It depends on whether or not there is another Legacy on your destination server, but generally, yes.

If you transfer a character to a new server, that character will take your Legacy with them to the destination server. There, it will be compared to another Legacy, should there be one, and the one with more unlocks wins out. Meaning, if you transfer a Level 50 Legacy to a new server that has a Level 1 Legacy, your Level 50 Legacy will overwrite the one currently on the destination server. However, its name will be changed to the one that was already on the destination server. If you take Legacy A and have it overwrite Legacy B, it will have all of A's qualities, but B's name.

It depends on whether or not there is another Legacy on your destination server, but generally, yes.

If you transfer a character to a new server, that character will take your Legacy with them to the destination server. There, it will be compared to another Legacy, should there be one, and the one with more unlocks wins out. Meaning, if you transfer a Level 50 Legacy to a new server that has a Level 1 Legacy, your Level 50 Legacy will overwrite the one currently on the destination server. However, its name will be changed to the one that was already on the destination server. If you take Legacy A and have it overwrite Legacy B, it will have all of A's qualities, but B's name.

The unlocks are actually merged.

Hey folks,

I know there have been quite a few questions around paid character transfers so I spent some time rounding up the answers to the more heavily asked ones and here they are! If there are any that I missed please feel free to post them in this thread and I will see what I can find out.

How much do transfers cost?

Paid character transfers cost 1800 Cartel Coins per character. The purchase must be made using Cartel Coins.

How do I transfer a character?

Once the service is live in 2.2, you will be able to go to your account page here on swtor.com and transfer from there.

What happens if there is a name collision?

If your character name is already taken by another player on your new server, you will need to rename your character. Your character will be “flagged” for a rename once you login.

Will my Legacy, Achievements, and Collections all transfer with my character?

Yes! All of your Legacy unlocks, Achievements earned, and triggered Collections will be waiting for you.

What happens if I have a Legacy on both my source and destination servers?

Whichever Legacy is of a higher level will take precedence and become your new Legacy. This has no affect on unlocks, the unlocks from both Legacies will combine. For example: You are transferring a character from the Bastion to the Harbinger. The character you are transferring from the Bastion is in a level 27 Legacy. Currently on Harbinger you have a level 13 Legacy. After the transfer you will now have a level 27 Legacy on Harbinger which combines the unlocks from both servers.

Is there a way to transfer a guild?

There is currently no method in place to transfer an entire guild at one time. Each person must transfer their characters individually and recreate their guild on the new server.

I hope that clears some things up! Let me know if there are any major questions still pending that I missed.

-eric

you get the highest legacy level, so if the higher of the 2 is 50, then you should get legacy level 50.

all unlocks are combined.

if you have legacy unlock "x" on server "A" and legacy unlock "y" on server "B", then transfer a toon from "A" to "B," both unlock "x" and "y" will be on server "B." Since you're transferring off server "A," of course there is no change to that one.

If you have lvl 15 legacy Smith with unlocks a, b, & c that transfers to a server where you have lvl 10 legacy Jones with unlocks x, y, & z, you'll end up with lvl 15 legacy Jones with unlocks a, b, c, x, y, & z on the destination server.

• 1 month later...
Question, so if I xfer my toon to another server, we've established that his legacy goes to the new server (in my case fresh server so nothing to overwrite), but what becomes of the legacy on the s rrver u xferd from? I will still hqve toons there I'm wondrring If I'm crippling any new toons I make there in the future, or do I get a copy on both server's?

Question, so if I xfer my toon to another server, we've established that his legacy goes to the new server (in my case fresh server so nothing to overwrite), but what becomes of the legacy on the s rrver u xferd from? I will still hqve toons there I'm wondrring If I'm crippling any new toons I make there in the future, or do I get a copy on both server's?

Your existing legacy doesn't get erased if you transfer characters to another server.

I just want to ask, do we have any confirmation that the Legacy being transferred changes to be the same name as the one it's being transferring to?

Example.

Legacy "Smith" is being transferred from Harbinger server with unlocks a,b,c, to where Legacy "Jones" was.

Jones has x,y,z. Now, I know that Jones will retain x,y,z, and gain, a,b,c, as that has been confirmed. I just want to know if we know for sure Jones will stay named Jones, or be renamed to Smith.

It'd be great if an Admin could confirm this.

I can see transferring some of my old alts to other servers if this is true.

I just want to ask, do we have any confirmation that the Legacy being transferred changes to be the same name as the one it's being transferring to?

Example.

Legacy "Smith" is being transferred from Harbinger server with unlocks a,b,c, to where Legacy "Jones" was.

Jones has x,y,z. Now, I know that Jones will retain x,y,z, and gain, a,b,c, as that has been confirmed. I just want to know if we know for sure Jones will stay named Jones, or be renamed to Smith.

It'd be great if an Admin could confirm this.

I can see transferring some of my old alts to other servers if this is true.

Transferred several toons to different servers(its an APAC thing), always was given a rename choice when there was a name conflict.

• 7 months later...
I understand the basics for moving and how it affects legacy on departing and arriving servers with regards to name and unlocks. I want to know, if I move from X server to Y server, but character I am moving, was not the original character used to make the legacy. Instead, is a level 25 alt, with the legacy he was a part of on server X, would he still carry the legacy from server X to Y and merge the 2 legacies or must the moving character be the one that set up the legacy.

Since your Legacy is built upon by and shared across all your toons on a server, it shoildn't matter which one you transfer - the Legacy copy will come along with that character.

This.

I took a free transfer and moved a lower level alt off my main server (legacy 50 and a bunch of unlocks (including all buffs and heroic moment abilities and companion bonuses) to a new server (no legacy or unlocks), and now have legacy 50 and all buffs, heroic movement abilities, companion bonuses, and unlocks on the new server.

Depending on how many unlocks you have, it is probably cheaper to move an alt from a server with maxed legacy / unlocks to a new server than it is to buy unlocks on a new server, not to mention you get all the buffs and bonuses that cannot be purchased.

Edited by DawnAskham

This.

I took a free transfer and moved a lower level alt off my main server (legacy 50 and a bunch of unlocks (including all buffs and heroic moment abilities and companion bonuses) to a new server (no legacy or unlocks), and now have legacy 50 and all buffs, heroic movement abilities, companion bonuses, and unlocks on the new server.

Depending on how many unlocks you have, it is probably cheaper to move an alt from a server with maxed legacy / unlocks to a new server than it is to buy unlocks on a new server, not to mention you get all the buffs and bonuses that cannot be purchased.

That's what I am planning to do. I started new toons on a different server to get in a guild that I am a member of in other games, but realized that I would have to unlock everything else on that server again. Thanks to the Legacy transfer, I just need to make a new toon on my current server and take them across to the new one and bring everything with him/her.

• 5 months later...

Note when transferring characters, strongholds do not transfer, nor do the unlocks for legacy storage bays.

I transferred a character with all strongholds and all rooms unlocked, and with all legacy storage tabs unlocked, and upon arrival on the destination server found nothing unlocked.

I have a ticket in to see if this is intended or not, which has been open for over a week with no response.

Also note that it just may not work.

I transferred two characters. The characters transferred fine, with all their personal items and personal storage. As mentioned before, no stronghold transferred, but the complete inventory of decorations transferred.

In my case, my legacy did not transfer. So I have none of my legacy unlocks available on the new server.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I recently trasferred a few characters from one server to another. I did have a legacy on each server, the one I was moving too was the youngest and definitely the "lowest".

Using my total achievement points as a guide, after transfer my destination server had everything that was in the legacy on my old server plus a couple of points - there were a few companion achievements I already had on my destnation server I didn't have on my origin one.

The only thing that didn't transfer "correctly" was my stronghold. I was able to re-buy the Tatooine one and unlock all of my expansions without cost. However all of my decorations were removed and I had to go and place them all once more.

• 3 weeks later...
What happens if there is a name collision?

If your character name is already taken by another player on your new server, you will need to rename your character. Your character will be “flagged” for a rename once you login.

What if that character name is owned by me (the legacy I have on the destinated server) and has the same class etc exept being lvl 10 and not lvl 60 like the one I want to transfer. Will the low lvl character be overwritten or do I still need to rename the lvl 60 alt?