Will cap on number of companions on mission be increased / removed?

Malacaii

Hello,

Just wondered if the cap ( currently 5 ) will be increased ( or removed ) on how many companions you can have on a mission at any one time!?

Having 7 companions and not being able to set them all to work on my characters that spend most of their time on fleet is a bit frustrating :( Was surprising to see the cap not increase by 1 at least with Makeb :(

Also i like buying and using the extra missions gained from slicing but too often due to the cap, it becomes a juggling act as to who i can send off on a mission :(

Speaking of which, anyone think the missions gained from slicing should be labelled better i.e. instead of 230 skill it should say Grade 3 or 4, so you can better tell what grade a mission will be when you learn it and then know which to get if your after specific materials.

Thoughts / comments appreciated

Cheers

The game was setup with sending out a maximum of five companions, with the assumption that you have six, use one for "adventuring," and have five more to send on crew skills. The HK companion is optional and to increase the number of companions that can be sent on crew skills to six, would put those who have chosen not to do the HK mission chain at a disadvantage.

Besides, HK already has the advantage of having efficiency and critical bonuses to ALL mission and crafting skills respectively. That should be good enough.

Lastly, with HK you do not have to build up affection or buy a crew skill module for your ship droid.

Lastly, with HK you do not have to build up affection or buy a crew skill module for your ship droid.

What do yo mean by this ? HK at 10k affection has the same crit chance that it has at 0 affection ? It doesn't make sense. Why would they exclude HK from a mechanic that's already in the game.

Besides, HK's bonus to crit is +1. While nice, not enough to disregard the +5 it would get from 10k affection, assuming ofc, that HK works just like any other companion in that matter.

What do yo mean by this ? HK at 10k affection has the same crit chance that it has at 0 affection ? It doesn't make sense. Why would they exclude HK from a mechanic that's already in the game.

Besides, HK's bonus to crit is +1. While nice, not enough to disregard the +5 it would get from 10k affection, assuming ofc, that HK works just like any other companion in that matter.

You forget that max affection crit chance is added to companion specific bonuses. so HK would get +6 to crit on crafting (+1 because it is HK, and +5 for max affection). All other companions are "specialized" and may not have any bonus to the crafting skill you have chosen (if any).

You forget that max affection crit chance is added to companion specific bonuses. so HK would get +6 to crit on crafting (+1 because it is HK, and +5 for max affection). All other companions are "specialized" and may not have any bonus to the crafting skill you have chosen (if any).

I don't forget that. The way you phrased it, "you don't need to build up HK's affection" sounds like affection doesn't have any effect on it or that it already has it. Raising HK's affection is just as good as with any other companion in the game.

Also, it doesn't matter if a companion doesn't have bonus to a specific skill, the +5 from max affection still applies. If your Inquisitor has Scavenging and Archeology, Talos at max affection will have +10 bonus for Archeology missions, +5 for Scavenging ones. Bottom line, is alwasy good raising your companion's affection to 10k if you're using them for crafting no matter what skill

Edited by wainot-keel

I don't forget that. The way you phrased it, "you don't need to build up HK's affection" sounds like affection doesn't have any effect on it or that it already has it. Raising HK's affection is just as good as with any other companion in the game.

Also, it doesn't matter if a companion doesn't have bonus to a specific skill, the +5 from max affection still applies. If your Inquisitor has Scavenging and Archeology, Talos at max affection will have +10 bonus for Archeology missions, +5 for Scavenging ones. Bottom line, is alwasy good raising your companion's affection to 10k if you're using them for crafting no matter what skill

The phrasing was perhaps poor and definately confusing, but reread what he said and you'll see that he's not referring to HK's affection, but the fact that HK's presence means you don't need to worry about raising your ship droids affection, since HK is automatically better than the droid at all crafting. It's somewhat confusingly worded, but the affection in question isn't HK's, but rather the ship droid.

The phrasing was perhaps poor and definately confusing, but reread what he said and you'll see that he's not referring to HK's affection, but the fact that HK's presence means you don't need to worry about raising your ship droids affection, since HK is automatically better than the droid at all crafting. It's somewhat confusingly worded, but the affection in question isn't HK's, but rather the ship droid.

Ah, ok. Got it.

Still, If I'm going to craft some Cybertech stuff, I'll use the ship droid with max affection and legacy sensor for a +10. HK will have +6. I will use HK for Artifice for example, since there's no other way to boost its crit chance.

Edited by wainot-keel