We want arenas. Enough of pve content.

Roudyzor

As the thread name states^

Dear BioWare, we all know that you like to release sh*tloads of PvE content, space missions, companions and other things that have TOTALLY no connection with the main thing in STAR WARS - CONFLICT BETWEEN EMPIRE AND REPUBLIC(WHICH IS OBVIOUSLY FOCUSED AROUND FIGHTING EACH OTHER(PVP) and NOT THE MOBS(PVE)).

You were the ones who promised us to develop PvP and PvP community in this game even before the game was released. And what do we see now? There is no real competitve PvP except RWZ in a game with a SW franchise, which(by logic) should be purely focused on PvP.

Add arenas(2v2/3v3/4v4/5v5 - any of those) / World PvP rewards/dailies / More Warzones / Balance classes and start focusing on PvP community already.

Edited by Roudyzor

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before arenas what we need are premade only queue and some frequent class re adjustments, not this lazy attitude that bioware has been having let the warzones get filled with fotms for months now. Then you can maybe talk about arenas.

Before arenas what we need are premade only queue and some frequent class re adjustments, not this lazy attitude that bioware has been having let the warzones get filled with fotms for months now. Then you can maybe talk about arenas.

Agree with everything. Im just tired of doing same wzs over and over. And there always ahs to be a room for a small competitive PvP - arenas.

Lol people still cry about premades ahahahaha.

Agree with everything. Im just tired of doing same wzs over and over. And there always ahs to be a room for a small competitive PvP - arenas.

Go to this nice place called ilum , mabye go to the force ghost , or your ememy factions base , /dance and see what happens after a few seconds... i do it all the time never gets old.

Edited by MindgameZ

Fixed.

Don't get arenas in here. Thanks.

Why? I think Arena's (4v4 comes to mind) are a wonderful idea. "Ranked" warzones should have never been set at 8 people. Its fun for pug games, but its a hassle with team composition unless you belong to one of the 3 or 4 main guilds.

I do, however, understand that class balance needs a HUGE pass before this happens. FOTM classes become more glaring the fewer the numbers.

Off the top of my head:

1) Rage spec needs a pass

2) Bubble stun needs to be looked at

3) OP healers are way too powerful

4) Sorc/merc dps needs a boost

5) OP dps needs a little more survivability or some sustained boost (careful with their burst though)

6) Pyrotech dps way too bursty, and survivability needs a little boost

Edited by Ariak-

You have nailed the reason why arenas are a bad bad idea. Balance reasons.

This game is not balanced around small scale fights, but around 8v8 objective based fights. To balance it around small scale death match stile fights you would have to necessarily diminish the differences between classes. I like the actual class variety, so i say no to arenas.

You have nailed the reason why arenas are a bad bad idea. Balance reasons.

This game is not balanced around small scale fights, but around 8v8 objective based fights. To balance it around small scale death match stile fights you would have to necessarily diminish the differences between classes. I like the actual class variety, so i say no to arenas.

Why would u say no to arenas I dont get it? Ofc some classes like marauder/pts would need some nerfs but other than that, this game is ten times more balanced than WoWs PvP since wotlk(if u can even call that pvp), but, once again WoW has arenas and we dont.

The reason arenas would work SWTOR is that all classes have quite some identical abilities like stuns/slows etc, which would make balancing process easier.

Doing arenas doesnt exactly mean u gonna get super-pooper PvP gear and stomp every1 in wzs. Just make it so that high-rated arena players would have acess to excluisive titles/outlooks/mounts and stuff like that which wouldnt affect stats.

Doing arenas doesnt exactly mean u gonna get super-pooper PvP gear and stomp every1 in wzs. Just make it so that high-rated arena players would have acess to excluisive titles/outlooks/mounts and stuff like that which wouldnt affect stats.

I tried proposing this in other threads about arenas, but the general consensus was that arenas had to be part of gear progression.

Since they want it to be part of gear progression they will pretend that each class is equally capable of competing in arenas. I don't see any way to achieve this without major changes to how the classes work.

Couple this with the fact that pvp changes should never affect pve and you get why properly implementing arenas isn't feasible.

but, once again WoW has arenas and we dont.

Arenas are also infamous in wow for being the primary cause behind a lot of stupid balance inconsistencies. You mention wow being imbalanced and **** and campaign for one of the reasons it ended up that way...

"omg 2v2 is the real pvp"

"2v2 is stupidly imbalanced, 3v3 is where it's at"

"lol u all suc, whats your ranked bg rating?!"

Which is why in my opinion it's best to shoot for balance in one format (in this case 8v8), get that somewhere good then bump up the variety in maps AND gametypes.

(Arenas by nature would just be deathmatches, which would be more than a little ****** in ToR atm since it's kind of a CC filled gibbfest)

I'm not saying that we're in anyway balanced but turning it into a herculean task isn't going to make things better.

Edited by CaptainApop

Why? I think Arena's (4v4 comes to mind) are a wonderful idea. "Ranked" warzones should have never been set at 8 people. Its fun for pug games, but its a hassle with team composition unless you belong to one of the 3 or 4 main guilds.

I do, however, understand that class balance needs a HUGE pass before this happens. FOTM classes become more glaring the fewer the numbers.

Off the top of my head:

1) Rage spec needs a pass

2) Bubble stun needs to be looked at

3) OP healers are way too powerful

4) Sorc/merc dps needs a boost

5) OP dps needs a little more survivability or some sustained boost (careful with their burst though)

6) Pyrotech dps way too bursty, and survivability needs a little boost

I really really really hop they don't balance around arenas, RWZs are much more fun and less zergy imo, they are also a better test of coordination and strategy and reward both team and individual skill. As someone who did 3v3's for 7 seasons in WoW I really honestly believe that RWZs are a better test of overall skill and teamwork skills. Also if you want to do rateds simply start collecting as many good pvpers as possible and start getting comfortable with a set team or try to join one of the "main" guilds (on the bastion there are quite a few that do rateds). I can agree with the things you said above except for the changes to PT. Balancing around arenas would destroy what balance there is in the context of RWZs.

Edited by TheJackalistaken

Heck NO.

- the other game that sports Arenas actually considers them to be a failure

- developer time is limited and better not spent on what will be a minority within a minority of customers

- without new gear it will be dead at arrival

- with new gear it will worsen the already atrocious gear gap at 50

- focus on the premade vs solo problem before doing anything else in pvp, it massively turns away people

As a WoW ex gladiator i dont realy wana see arenas in swtor because of one simple reason - BALANCE. I am 100% sure BW cant handle it without breaking some classes to the ground and i dont realy wana see each 2-3 month total class rebalancing. But there are one thing i realy wana see in SWTOR - CROSS-SERVER WZ and FP.

If we get arenas, the premades will go there instead.