Why is nothing being done about hacking/cheating

jediharrsion

Rule of MMOs - if it can be exploited, it will be exploited.

You know a game has a cheater problem when:

Complaints are screamed down with comments like "Video or it didn't happen" or "There are no cheaters, L2P".

You know a game starts doing something about it when:

Cheaters claim that they were "unjustly banned" and their buddies worry about so-called "false reporting".

It's the same story in every game.

kind of funny, reported a few people like 6 months ago for very bizarre in game actions, saw them online a few months ago here and there, but not anymore. What amuses me is I'm not sure if bioware banned them or if they just unsubbed like so many others. =?

Maybe that's why bioware created ubersmash and bubblestun, to make pvp so terrible that if there are hackers, they'll get so bored of the game that they'll unsub along with the nonhackers.

So yeah, not sure if bioware is doing something about it or if the players just unsubbed....

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've come to the conclusion that the WZ's are one sided as an ops group qued for Rated WZ's can also jump into regular WZ's an crush the other team because these people are not trained to work together an are not in the same Teamspeak, ventrilo, Mumble or Raidcall channel informing them where to go who to nail or who to rush an what not so while I have seen a few speed hacking an some other suspicious things like a Assasin blinking in an out of stealth an being unable to take any type of damage an dealing 5x's the normal damage an killing every player in the wz an racking up an impressive kill amount of almost 300 .

It's the Ranked WZ ops teams that are really making it extremly difficult to even get a single weekly completed, when you see 8 of the same guild members or the alliance guilds useing 3-3-2 and you see them inalmost every match you seem to get in you know the wz is lost an most of the players I go in with as soon as we go out an they see the names they bail out of the wz no sense being humilated over an over.

It's just no fun for a person in Recruit gear getting no comms or kills in WZ's with a Rated WZ team literaly ripping people apart an taking an controling everything, no real sense to play pvp, I can't login an play WZ's in the morning when rated ops groups are not usualy on since I work from 4am to 4pm.

Leaves me to the feeling Bioware didn't really know what to do with this an so many players who que solo feel that the otherside is hacking or cheating more like these people are maxxed in Valor and have elite War Here Gear or something better and their expertise is so high that our puny damage or cc's or stuns are just shrugged off or barely noticeable, but when they do it we stand no chance.

So either Bioware fixxes it that Ranked WZ players can only enter Ranked WZ's against other 8 man groups or those rated players breakup into the regular 4 man party's an que for regular wz's otherwise the others will continue to cry foul an call them hackers and cheaters an keep reporting them even if they haven't done anything wrong.

Ok nuff said!

P.S. If I seem to be running everything together it's because I've been awake for 52 hours!

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere. Is there an ability that allows you to stay completely invisible while arming a door bomb or claiming a node? I have previously seen the teleport hack and I'm wondering if I might be seeing another hack now. I'm never sure if I'm seeing a speed hack or if someone just has a speed boost going.

I can only imagine it's something among these lines, but I'm not sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmsZqWZ1gsw

I can only imagine it's something among these lines, but I'm not sure.

She obviously took an invisibility stim or had a predation followed by a pull that made them cap the node quickly... Show me video proof since I have been playing since beta 0.0012 and I have not seen one person hack or cheat anything.

Ok seriously. If you have not seen someone speed hack then you are a casual.

I was looking at the instructions and I feel a lot of these type things exist. I know resolve is all screwy for a lot of people. I know somehow when I keypress for any cloak I get jumped to regardless. It must be some 2 combo button thing I am pressing on my mara when I need to cloak to avoid attacks. It's like a reverse bug.

Edited by Kegparty

Put that video away that is not a hack. She obviously took an invisibility stim or had a predation followed by a pull that made them cap the node quickly...

Never said it was a hack. It just goes to show that when you're forced out of stealth too soon, your character model glitches. I've had this happen with Smuggle as well. Got smuggled in and at the same time I threw a nade, which made me invisible on a vanguard.

Just a glitch.

Never said it was a hack. It just goes to show that when you're forced out of stealth too soon, your character model glitches. I've had this happen with Smuggle as well. Got smuggled in and at the same time I threw a nade, which made me invisible on a vanguard.

Just a glitch.

Here is my edited above post....:

She obviously took an invisibility stim or had a predation followed by a pull that made them cap the node quickly... Show me video proof since I have been playing since beta 0.0012 and I have not seen one person hack or cheat anything.

I was looking at the instructions and I feel a lot of these type things exist. I know resolve is all screwy for a lot of people. I know somehow when I keypress for any cloak I get jumped to regardless. It must be some 2 combo button thing I am pressing on my mara when I need to cloak to avoid attacks. It's like a reverse bug.

Great video:

Here is my edited above post....:

Great video:

Hacks are definitely present in TOR, no doubts about that. But they're not as widespread and as game breaking as everyone claims they are.