TOR Mandalorians

withcherryontop

During the time Jango Fett/Boba Fett were Mandalores, the individual Mandos were allowed to paint their armours different colours/markings to indicate a deeper, personal meaning.

Seeing how TOR takes place over 3000 years before that, I was wondering if the tradition of customizing the armour was present back then. Was this part of the lore ever touched upon in the game?

Yes! It's this AMAZING thing! Armors come in different COLORS! It's amazing!

Shush you. That's not what he meant and you know it.

As far as I know Mando armor tradition isn't mentioned, but the farthest I've gotten into the the Bounty Hunter storyline is Nar Shadaa, so... maybe?

The only Mando's I've met in other classes where the ones on Dromund Kaas (in the Revanite Chain) and they all wore blue armor.

The Neo-Crusaders of Kotor all wore the same armor, with different colors denoting rank. Blue for grunts, yellow and red for higher ranks. Since its only been 300 years, I doubt the colors with meaning personalization tradition has developed yet. I could be wrong though, where's our local historian?

Edited by spencer_

Although many in-game Mandos wear the blue armor (and some, like Merrk Kelborn and Vorten Fett, wear the same in yellow), many can be seen in different colors, especially aboard Mandalore's ship, and the final ceremony ending Act 1. Also, near the end of Act 1 when you return to Nar Shaddaa, you meet a squad of Tarro Blood's men, and they all wear white and brown armor.

• 3 weeks later...
Guys, colour rules change with each clan. In kotor II Mandalore the Preserver was the only mando with silver armour, the highest ranking ones had red or yellow. Revanites, Ceta Farr s mandos mainly had blue armour but im sure i saw a slight armour change marking rank. Kotor I most of the mandos were colour ranked. It changes with each clan, just as each clan has their own traditions and customs. So on so on.

Mandolorian armor was very different and individual and colors in which it was painted sometimes hint at some mood or spirit of the owner

Mandalorian armor

More or less standards were only for Mandalorian Neo-Crusader armor :

■Blue- Basic Trooper

■Red- Rally Master

■Yellow- Field Marshal

■Silver- Veterans on the front line

■Gray - Mandalorian Knights

The Mandalorian Crusaders of 7000 BBY up until 3,963-ish (until the Neo-Crusaders had converted the majority to their cause) all had personalized armour to the point on no two suits looking the same externally or internally. The Crusaders are the pure representation of the culture, so that means any Mandalorian who wishes to follow tradition faithfully would customise his or her gear. In traditional culture there is no rank except for the Mandalore and clan chieftains, who both rise to their positions by proving themselves worthy of it and can lose it at any time if another proves to be stronger. So there are no uniforms either in traditional Mandalorian culture.

In TOR, we see the majority of NPCs using uniformal blue, but that could simply be preference since we also see a lot of Mandalorians in armour of their own choosing. Perhaps the blue is a remnant of the Mandalorian Wars? Reminds them of a grander age? Or perhaps it's just in fashion. Shae Vizsla, Torian Cadera, Solus Bralor, Jogo the Carver, Mavrix Varad (and Clan Varad in general), Hondar Soongh, Tarro Blood and a whole lot more Mandos are using a more personalised look rather than the blue.

In TOR, we see the majority of NPCs using uniformal blue, but that could simply be preference since we also see a lot of Mandalorians in armour of their own choosing. Perhaps the blue is a remnant of the Mandalorian Wars? Reminds them of a grander age? Or perhaps it's just in fashion. Shae Vizsla, Torian Cadera, Solus Bralor, Jogo the Carver, Mavrix Varad (and Clan Varad in general), Hondar Soongh, Tarro Blood and a whole lot more Mandos are using a more personalised look rather than the blue.

I think this has more to do with programming and less to do with story. Do you want every other Mando to have special armor, or do you want a new flashpoint?