Plan to fix Resolve?

doromleynek

ever since 1.2 hit Resolve does nothing. Im getting really tired of PvP when I am stunned/dazed for 20+ seconds in a row and cant do anything about it

does bioware not realize that resolve is broken or have they got plans because i have not seen them address this

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ever since 1.2 hit Resolve does nothing. Im getting really tired of PvP when I am stunned/dazed for 20+ seconds in a row and cant do anything about it

does bioware not realize that resolve is broken or have they got plans because i have not seen them address this

Resolve is only broken to people with broken brains.

To the rest of us, its all fine, thank you.

Instead of complaining about resolve, you could accept it as a mechanic of the game that all players use. Take some time to understand how it works. And realize that if you think its bugged, you dont understand it. If you think it sucks, well thats just your opinion. Try learning the games rule set instead of pushing to get it changed to match your personal preference.

I don't think most of you get the point about resolve complaints. I get the huttball, i know im going to be stunned. i pop my defense buff. with a 3 second stun and 4 poeple whacking away, you're lucky if you make it past that. if you do then resolve works fine, but more often than not, there is no making it thru the first barrage, so you pop your breaker only to be stunned again and finished off.

I don't personally believe the resolve system is broken; I think it sucks.

while we're on the subject what's up with poeple without full resolve just shaking off my electrocute, or low slash? not I stun them and they pop their breaker, more like i stun them and they keep on a walking past like nothing happened.

Yup, like others have said. Post a vid of it not working.

I don't think most of you get the point about resolve complaints. I get the huttball, i know im going to be stunned. i pop my defense buff. with a 3 second stun and 4 poeple whacking away, you're lucky if you make it past that. if you do then resolve works fine, but more often than not, there is no making it thru the first barrage, so you pop your breaker only to be stunned again and finished off.

while we're on the subject what's up with poeple without full resolve just shaking off my electrocute, or low slash? not I stun them and they pop their breaker, more like i stun them and they keep on a walking past like nothing happened.

also, dodge/resist

Two points:

First, your anecdotes are pretty useless when compared to actual testing that shows Resolve is working exactly as Bioware intends it to work.

Second, your statement about being stunned for 20+ seconds in a row is either an intentional misrepresentation, a hyperbolic indicator of ignorance, or a misunderstanding of what a "stun" actually is.

What is your team doing while you are getting pounded as ball carrier? Scratching their own balls? Then you deserve to die and lose the game. Nuff said o7.

Bad thread Resolve sucks...

Better Thread

Amounts of Resolve generated by Sentinel/Marauder Controlling abilities and possible imbalances caused by them.

Now that Sentinels can come to me and stun lock me from 100% to kill There Resolve generated needs to be increased. Operatives experienced a similar nerf, Should not Sentinels be in the same boat?

I thought they said resolve is working as intended...roots and snares do not add to resolve, which is working as intended. I use to hate resolve like the first few lowbie warzones I did 4+ months ago but now I understand it and its not that bad.

Same arguments, same people, different thread. Remember guys, we are all on the same team. We want the game to be even better! Stop tearing each other up.

Fact: Resolve is Working as intended per BW.

Popular Opinion: TTK + Resolve system = Fail.

Black and White: You cannot be Stun Locked for +16 Secs

Popular Opinion: Stunning is too much of a factor

Side Notes:

-most people cannot live through 8 seconds of Stun Locks

-many people do not understand 100% how resolve works (The posted video is a nice tutorial.)

-You can be Stunned, run a few seconds, Stunned again, run a few second Stunned again.. etc.. (Not stun locked but none the less frustrating which in turns reflects the exaggerated expressions on the Forums.)

-Very few people enjoy playing it how it is now. It is NOT a bad system, it just needs some tweaking.

-Seems Lag is adding to the confusion with the Resolve System. Sometimes it does seem "off".

Suggestions:

Slower Resolve deterioration

Reduce Time of Stuns 50% time (They should be a strategic tactic, not the ultimate deciding factor)

Reduce Cool Downs on Stun Release abilities

Reduce overall TTK (Time to Kill)

Immediately Block/Release all Stuns as soon as Resolve Bar is full

Fix the damn lag!

Edited by Raific

Care to give an example, video maybe?

Not everyone runs around recording their own games for the chance to catch a bug. It is much easier to record something that you can reproduce, not so much when something happens rarely. I am not saying it is true, just pointing out the flaw in your demands.

Bad thread Resolve sucks...

Better Thread

Amounts of Resolve generated by Sentinel/Marauder Controlling abilities and possible imbalances caused by them.

Now that Sentinels can come to me and stun lock me from 100% to kill There Resolve generated needs to be increased. Operatives experienced a similar nerf, Should not Sentinels be in the same boat?

Oh, those nasty sentinelsmarauders and their stunlock...their 3 sec channeled force choke is totaly OP - you know, it is so powerful that it basicaly stuns them too! And their awe/intimidating roar, it totaly breaks on first damage taken, they stun lock me with it constantly and drop to zero hp! NERF THIS!!!111!!!!1!!

Not everyone runs around recording their own games for the chance to catch a bug. It is much easier to record something that you can reproduce, not so much when something happens rarely. I am not saying it is true, just pointing out the flaw in your demands.

He quoted someone who claims that some stuns do not generate resolve. Since he used "SOME" not "sometimes" then it should be easy to reproduce, am I right?

How do you expect people to believe, or fix the game when you can not reproduce your claim.

I saw bigfoot, and played chess with him... and then got kidnaped by aliens who made me their king for 50 years then somehow i ended back in my home with just a second has passed for the rest of the people and i did not age at all.

That's about how "you" sound when you are "opening your mouth" on the forum and expect everyone to believe you.

Prof of claim......... or ti&ts... or gtf&o. :)

Edited by Dmasterr