Welcome to Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree

CourtneyWoods

Ok this is the first time I complain about Bioware.... But you seriously missed the point of this game.

Cartel Market is good but this is a Star Wars MMO, not a fashion competition to see who has the most expensive and awesome gear. You really think that CC will keep this game running? It won't.

The reason behind us blaming you without sense is because you don't communicate, a pair of words weekly about the topics we want to know about would make you player base more friendly; and you know it wont take you more than a few minutes. (SGR, smashers and bubblers to name a few)

You did an awesome game and you do awesome content. Bioware always does quality stories, we don't know how hard is to work on this game, we don't know how hard is to keep up with out constant moaning. The only thing we know is what bothers us about PvP and PvE

Communicating will do more for keeping this alive than what CC will.

Keep up the good work beacause not everything you do is bad... You're still miles ahead of other games.

The CC isn't supposed to keep the game alive in the since you're thinking, it's supposed to make Bioware/EA money so they can keep pumping out content. They are doing a lot better than they did at launch...not saying there isn't room from improvement, but you get the idea.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... Aside from that I'd like to say that the devs did a really good job on this one, far better than the last two events.

I'm glad somebody is enjoying it, because I happen to think it's the worst event they've done by a longshot. Just kill a bunch of stuff to not even be able to buy things that I don't even want anyway. I'm happy you're enjoying it, but I just can't see the point of all the grinding on this one.

BIOWARE!!! Would it be THAT HARD to explain what exactly "recurrence" and "repeated events" exactly means? We get NO CLEAR explanation as to this. Will we be able to get these items again, and earn more of the comms for them? Will the reputation matter in the next event? Why an XP cap every week for a two week event? No one will make Champion in two weeks, since it's not possible with the week cap. That really makes no sense to me.

Also, would it be so hard to make the WB's instanced? I am yet to find a group to kill Surgok'k. And I have tired for hours and hours, joining multiple groups who either disband or kick players for no reason, and still not killed him. No, its not my gear, I am over 21k health on both my 50's. Instead of having to travel jump all over, and the problems that brings with it, just make the tunnel instanced to the lead player. Whalah.

The game has ALOT of glitches and bugs. To the point that compared to other MMO's it is utterly unacceptable. The memory leak issue it frankly killing this game. Why not fix those instead of new content that only breaks the game even more? I'm very sure the community would much rather have a huge bug fix patch than new content. I guarantee it.

There are things the community has been BEGGING for for months or even since the game was launched....and you just add cartel and party jawas instead of what we want. Like that is somehow supposed to sedate us? No. It just puts people off. For example:

A dye system

Hood up or down

Ship customization/decoration

Guild Ship and more in game Guild abilities (Event Calendar, Guild Mail, etc)

Fix certain nerfs (bubble stun and smash)

Class Balances

Please focus on these things instead of "new content"

In closing. While this event is much better than the last one, more grinding is NOT fun. Make the events FUN...because isn't that what games are supposed to be?

I also want to thank you for doing one thing many people have wanted for ages. Adding Legacy Lightsabers

End of Line.

Edited by DarthVengeant

Honestly, as interested as I am in this event, TODAY is the first day I've had a chance to log in to play. I've been around MMOs long enough to know that the "hard core" player (by which I tend to mean those who play the game like it's a second job) drive the introduction of new and harder content, but time limits on events shouldn't be determined on the same reasoning, especially when they rely heavily on a reputation system that has a weekly limit of achievement.

Is it actually possible to buy the Gree Weapons ? It says you need to be Champion in order to unlock it but the rep is limited and the event ends in 2 days and if the event ends dose this means no more weapon vendor ? And this is even more lame since atm i have 22 Gray Helix Components and if the event ends on 25.02 night then for me is pointless also if they remove the vendors is pointless since you cannot get the rank in order to buy the weapon so can some on make this thing clear about the event and witch vendors will go and witch will stay.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

And totally agree with what DarthVengeant just wrote!

Edited by Ildriel

Is it actually possible to buy the Gree Weapons ? It says you need to be Champion in order to unlock it but the rep is limited and the event ends in 2 days and if the event ends dose this means no more weapon vendor ? And this is even more lame since atm i have 22 Gray Helix Components and if the event ends on 25.02 night then for me is pointless also if they remove the vendors is pointless since you cannot get the rank in order to buy the weapon so can some on make this thing clear about the event and witch vendors will go and witch will stay.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

And totally agree with what DarthVengeant just wrote!

You can still use the trophies AFTER the event and they've already said that the vendor will be sticking around.

So they are being clear, you just need to read a couple pages of the dev tracker to get relevant info (they need a better search engine).

i tried very hard to play every day for this event....i wanted the lightsaber for 18 Helix parts, i end up having only 15...so i played 2 weeks for nothing? same for my pending reputation points?

Please tell me i'm wrong...

You're wrong, the event will be back and you can get your lightsaber.

so so sO SO SO stupid game!!! I have 1000 reputation left for champion and still cannot take gear what i want !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VERY STUPID DEVELOPERS !!!! They clearly mock players who pay for the game! Edited by Sacrilage

so so sO SO SO stupid game!!! I have 1000 reputation left for champion and still cannot take gear what i want !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VERY STUPID DEVELOPERS !!!! They clearly mock players who pay for the game!

It'll be back, and nobody will reach Champion whether they subscribe or are F2P. They've already said it'll be back multiple times throughout the next year - I would focus on building your rep through dailies on the other planets for now!

You can also get Legacy gear right now via the Gree for pretty cheap, and it's bound to legacy...

While I agree it sucks that nobody had the chance to reach Champion, and that they should have said something, they have fully intended on letting us complete these quests over time.

I agree with what I have read thus far. I love this game however, the previous 2 world events rakghoul plauge and the grand aquisition Race did not require anywhere near as much time and grinding. I was able to aquire all the exclusive event related gear that I wanted, solo and on lower level characters with minimal time and effort. This event was extremely time consuming with little to no payoff. It offered no reward for solo players, was exclusive to 45-50 players and I still have not recieved the reward for my efforts, mainly the Gree lightsaber (legendary to swap hilts finally) or the guardian armor located on Belsavis.

I understand that the event will return in the future, I just hope that other world events to come will not require as much cooperative play or the extreme amount of grind time for such a little (to no) reward.

Tired and disappointed.

I understand that the event will return in the future, I just hope that other world events to come will not require as much cooperative play

Indeed, imagine if this was an MMO where it was needed to play with eachother.

How DARE BW, make an event that requires any form of communication or cooperative play! ^^

To be honest, for me it wasn't a real event. It was a generic daily hub with a temporal access.

Raghoul Outbreak was a much better example of how an actual event should look like, and here is why.

First, it started unexpectedly for us. Yeah, it may be a bad thing for some of us since they are not given a chance to plan their game time beforehand, but on the other hand this is what made many other people excited.

Second, it wasn't just about dailies and world bosses, a brand new and unique (for this game) mechanic was introduced, which added a lot to the fun factor.

Third, it was much less grindy. Save the grind for your time consuming daily hubs, not for a short-term event, even if it's recurring.

Fourth, it had a sense of progression. Something new was added every day while the event was active. This is one of the major things that separates an actual event from your ordinary daily hub.

Fifth, you could get all the rewards by doing stuff solo. Seriously, not everyone enjoys grouping and socializing here in any other way but raiding and/or PvP. An attempt to forcefully make people socialize will just cause frustration and turn them away since it's an undesirable experience for them.

Sixth, maybe that is just my opinion, but still. I'd prefer a one-time event to a recurring one any day. Why? Mostly because of the rewards. In a one-time event, you can get something that won't be obtainable later, something exclusive and therefore valuable to you. In a recurring one, however, you realize that eventually everyone will obtain the same rewards you get, and this knowledge has a big potential to devalue them in your eyes. Additionally, one-time events give you a pleasant feeling that you've taken part in a history of the game. I still enjoy remembering how i played during both Rakghoul and Chevin events, how i was a part of the game's history. But i don't feel anything like that about the recent event, and never will, because it will pop again and again in the future.

That doesn't mean i'm against recurring events in general, on the contrary, i see them as a nice way to make repeatable content. I'm against them only when they affect one-time events in any way, especially when they completely replace them.

Edited by Trollokdamus

I am concerned about the "Reputation" part of the update. I believe this is what has killed STO...it became too hard to understand and way too expensive on in game resources and currency.

I agree. After LotRO I can't stand the reputation system. Do all the bs grinding for a particular faction for what...? A different looking mount, gear that is substandard?

No thank you. I'll be cancelling my sub now.:(

Indeed, imagine if this was an MMO where it was needed to play with eachother.

How DARE BW, make an event that requires any form of communication or cooperative play! ^^

I think the team work elements were the best bit in my opinion & it is what made this event special. I actually miss going down to illum & having a bunch of people looking for kill Xeno; moreover, there was always a ready pool of players ginned up & ready to go. Some of the missions were hit & miss, but I've already voiced my opinion on this.

One thing I will say is that it would have been nice if some of the devs or mods would have poked their heads into this thread once & a while. BW really needs to work on it's communication with the community.

Edited by Lecto

I agree. After LotRO I can't stand the reputation system. Do all the bs grinding for a particular faction for what...? A different looking mount, gear that is substandard?

No thank you. I'll be cancelling my sub now.:(

:rolleyes: So, because they're putting in optional, non-essential, small grinds with some neat cosmetic rewards for the players who are interested in it ..... (And none of this effects you negatively in any way) .... you are canceling your sub? :confused:

Right.... :rolleyes:

Well, I won't miss you.... :D

I really didn't like this event, in my opinion. It's was better than that very bland Grand Acquisitions Race even back in August, but still lacked a lot of what the Rakghoul Plague event had. In the Rakghoul Plague event, OPvP took place all over the planet of Tatooine and WZs were filled with players infecting one another. This one, on the other hand, strictly had one area for OPvP (a part of it which was FFA as well) and the reason for fighting was pretty ridiculous; it was almost to the point where you felt like you were just fighting for PvE quests. I didn't partake into this event much because it felt like a Section X version II, and it just wasn't worth it because the rewards weren't all that great.

My Current Standings: Rakghoul Plague > Return of the Gree > Grand Acquisitions Race.