How is Slicing on live?

Fardarter

But you have to remember, during the early days, there will not be enough stuff in the market for sale. So you may not have enough materials to craft what you need. Even if there are in the market, it is likely that it will overpriced for the sheer demand.

Having credits in one thing; having something useful to spend on is another. This is something you have to take into consideration.

I will have an alt doing Slicing but my main will be doing the more traditional crafting.

Stockpiling money to then dump into a mission skill when you can send out 4 companions at once doesn't put you as far behind as one would think.

Also making that 1-30 gear seems nice but in a week everyone will have out leveled it as well.

Now if you are looking to use the GTN to make money then all the power to you. I dislike playing GTN to make money.

its nerfed but still gives you extra credits as you adventure.

had about 17-20k ish around level 17 but was spending money on crafting.

I don't think that's nerfed. I did slicing multiple times through beta and roughly recall that many credits around that level.

When I was 23 or 24 it jumped up to 45-50kish, which is a lot more than what other people seemed to have

So if you are taking slicing for one of your skills are you just gathering for the other 2? I wanted to do cybertech but if i take slicing i am going to lose one of the gathering skills i would need for it. Unless the credit intake would overshadow what i would have to pay for materials to craft what i wanted. Any opinions?

40k for the training for the mount from your class trainer, then another 8k for the actual mount itself. total of 48k. And all 3 times I played and got my sith warrior past lvl 30+ and by then I had over 60k credits without doing any crafting profs

Stockpiling money to then dump into a mission skill when you can send out 4 companions at once doesn't put you as far behind as one would think.

Also making that 1-30 gear seems nice but in a week everyone will have out leveled it as well.

Now if you are looking to use the GTN to make money then all the power to you. I dislike playing GTN to make money.

This is good to hear Rag, thanks for the information you posted.

Edit: quoted wrong one lol...either way thanks!

Edited by mfrags

I made it to level 12 yesterday, and I have not yet seen a node for slicing (Going SI: Have not seen one on Kaas yet). During the beta I played Republic, and there seemed to be more slicing nodes around in the starting areas (Coruscant). We will see how many there are through Kaas, but I am becoming worried I should have taken a different gathering skill..

Slicing, so far, if the mission is successful, for me, you tend to break even, maybe come back with a 10-20% more credits then it cost to do the mission. After reaching lvl 15, i have gained 1 treasure hunter and 1 diplomatic blue mission briefs (115 skill to use them)from slicing missions my companion went on. And i think once my companion brought back a blue and normal unsecured box.

But i may add treasure hunting/diplomacy to see what the missions give me.

If it's nerfed, its definitely not nerfed hard from my experiences before turkeybeta. I've only been crafting with "free" mats gathered overland and have just shy of 10k on my Marauder at 13. I send Vette out 24/7 anytime I'm not actually going out attacking. It's been VERY profitable and I have about 8 blue schematics/mods/etc banked already that I can't directly use on this toon.

If it's nerfed, its definitely not nerfed hard from my experiences before turkeybeta. I've only been crafting with "free" mats gathered overland and have just shy of 10k on my Marauder at 13. I send Vette out 24/7 anytime I'm not actually going out attacking. It's been VERY profitable and I have about 8 blue schematics/mods/etc banked already that I can't directly use on this toon.

This is great to hear Hellfire, thank you very much. I have been most concerned with this. Do you find that your credit pool will be running on fumes if you keep sending her out? I had planned/envisioned doing this early on, but was wary of expending all my credits...

I have critically failed 2 missions so far, resulting in a loss. The other 50+ missions she's ran have been profitable. In my bank I have 2 blue biochem mission schematics, 3 blue level 22 missile bay upgrades for my ship and 3 or 4 other blue mods/schems/etc that I can't remember right now.

I think my current slicing skill as of last night was in the high 70's or low 80's. It's been great.

I have critically failed 2 missions so far, resulting in a loss. The other 50+ missions she's ran have been profitable. In my bank I have 2 blue biochem mission schematics, 3 blue level 22 missile bay upgrades for my ship and 3 or 4 other blue mods/schems/etc that I can't remember right now.

I think my current slicing skill as of last night was in the high 70's or low 80's. It's been great.

Hellfire, based on your comments, would you mind if I send you a PM please with a couple questions centered more or less around what you are describing?

Edited by mfrags