Who or what is your favorite Star Wars Character?!

DevilWearsPanda

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

best SW characters:

darth malgus (hes one of the 2 sith that i aggree with the other being marr)

jar jar (most underated character in star wars hes kinda funny)

ahsoka (shes soo hot)

cipher 9 (love the story)

dread masters (like their voice and love the operations involving them)

worst characters

thanaton (hes just all about tradition and ruined the SIN storyline)

vader (ok im not saying that i dont like anikin after he turned darkside im just saying hes kinda overrated)

bariss offee (ok dont get me wrong ahsoka and bariss are hot together but i mean like really bariss? u had to try 2 frame ur BFF just so that you can make the jedi feel bad for not doing their job really?u deserve 2 get hanged)

and the worst starwars cdharacter of all time is

darth bane (that rule of two ruined the sith order 4 good and he ruined everything after that for millennia to come)

best SW characters:

darth malgus (hes one of the 2 sith that i aggree with the other being marr)

jar jar (most underated character in star wars hes kinda funny)

ahsoka (shes soo hot)

cipher 9 (love the story)

dread masters (like their voice and love the operations involving them)

worst characters

thanaton (hes just all about tradition and ruined the SIN storyline)

vader (ok im not saying that i dont like anikin after he turned darkside im just saying hes kinda overrated)

bariss offee (ok dont get me wrong ahsoka and bariss are hot together but i mean like really bariss? u had to try 2 frame ur BFF just so that you can make the jedi feel bad for not doing their job really?u deserve 2 get hanged)

and the worst starwars cdharacter of all time is

darth bane (that rule of two ruined the sith order 4 good and he ruined everything after that for millennia to come)

The only 1 i have to disagree with is Darth Bane i use to think the same think as you but after playing SWTOR and i read the books i started to think about it more and it actually made sense it made the Sith Stronger. It limited all the in fighting among sith to the point where only the strongest would be the master. Even Darth Marr says how all the infighting is weaking the sith but unlike him he didn't do anything or at least yet while Darth Bane ie the Sith'ari did. Like darth bane said b4 the rule of two often times more than 1 apprentice would team to kill the master and a weaker master would take over thus a weaker sith master who didn't deserve the postion was in charge. The rule of Two ensured the strongest sith would be the master ie Darth Bane VS Darth Zannah.

But It do agree it weakened the Sith empire as a whole i could be wrong be it seems to me after the Brotherhood of Darkness was destroyed there wasn't a proper army for the sith empire until Darth Sidious.

Edited by Zaxem

But It do agree it weakened the Sith empire as a whole i could be wrong be it seems to me after the Brotherhood of Darkness was destroyed there wasn't a proper army for the sith empire until Darth Sidious.

Exactly. Exactly. People seem to miss this point all the time. It's a testament to just how effective Karp's storytelling was in the Bane trilogy that he managed to portray the destruction of almost the entire Sith Order as a Good Thing for the Sith.

Objectively speaking, the Sith were infinitely weaker after Bane used the thought bomb than they were before. There was no Sith hierarchy; almost all of the most powerful Sith Lords were killed, and the others that remained in the Brotherhood's other holdings across the galaxy were mopped up by the Republic military in the months after Ruusan. Bane caused the destruction of an empire that spanned half the galaxy in order to increase his own personal power: he was the only Sith Lord left, although he quickly added an apprentice and a small hidden power base. His idea of what a Sith Order would be ended up dominating, not Kaan's.

Now, one might argue that Kaan's empire was doomed before Bane tricked his fellow Sith into detonating the thought bomb. If that was the case, Bane's actions were necessary to save anything of the Sith Order from the avenging Jedi. The problem is that that's not clear at all. Bane himself helped to sabotage much of Kaan's chance for victory on Ruusan before the thought bomb. Battle is a lottery, and the Ruusan campaign demonstrated just how exhausted the Republic was by its own exertions. Had Bane instead turned his prodigious energies to the destruction of the Republic forces on Ruusan instead of undermining Kaan's war effort, the Brotherhood may very well have had a chance for victory. It would not be a certain victory, and it might not have even been a particularly likely victory, but it would've been a chance, and that was more than what the Brotherhood had with Bane's thought bomb plan.

But the reality of the situation is that Bane refused to countenance anybody else's understanding of the dark side and the Sith Order other than his own. He thought he was the biggest, most kick-butt Sith Lord around, and that serving under anybody else would be an insult to his potential power and authority. And if that power and authority meant handing the Republic and the Jedi a thousand years of unchallenged peace and prosperity on a silver platter, and consigning the Sith to hidden fortresses and backroom plots, then he had to make those things happen. One of the reasons Bane gave for the Brotherhood's weakness was that a collegial network of Sith was doomed to failure; internal conflicts would tear it apart, because, as he argued, no Sith wanted to obey the orders of any other. But ironically, Bane's prophecy was self-fulfilling. Kaan's Brotherhood did die because of internal conflicts among the Sith. The problem is that they were Bane's conflicts with Kaan.

Bane gets historical credit from a lot of fans because the Sith Order he created eventually ended up conquering the galaxy under Palpatine. The problem is that that "eventually" was a thousand years later. And it had very little to do with Bane's Rule of Two and everything to do with the supreme skill of Sith like Plagueis and Sidious. In Darth Plagueis, James Luceno had several of his Sith characters openly mock the Rule of Two. As he had it, few Sith ever ended up following that code: Masters would take extra apprentices, for instance, and set them against each other - or apprentices would take apprentices, sometimes with the full cooperation of their Masters. And at least once, the Rule of Two nearly resulted in the extinction of the Sith Order, when Darth Gravid became "corrupted" by the light side of the Force and destroyed almost all of the remaining Sith lore before being murdered by his apprentice. With the Rule of Two, the Sith became much more vulnerable; the death or defection of either the master or the apprentice would leave the Order in terrible peril. Whereas a Brotherhood such as Kaan's could absorb the death of a single Sith Lord with impunity.

Naturally, the exact same situation had led to the destruction of Palpatine's Empire. Vader betrayed his master and they effectively killed each other, extinguishing the Sith Order. Had they not violated the Rule of Two by creating vast armies of apprentices and adepts and Hands, the Sith would have perished at Endor. Instead, Lumiya, and others like her, were able to pick up the slack and keep the Sith going.

Therefore, as an institution, Bane's Rule of Two deserves a lot less credit than it seems to get. So what does that leave us, in terms of Bane's accomplishments? Other than the Rule of Two, all Bane tangibly accomplished was the destruction of almost all other Sith in the galaxy at Ruusan. That's basically it. And bizarrely, legions of Sith fanboys sing his praises for this achievement.

I gotta go with a "short" list for faves (not in order)

Sith/Dark Jedi-side:

Exar Kun

Ulic Qel-Droma (as a Sith, less so as a Jedi)

Naga Sadow

Marka Ragnos

Freedon Nadd

Darth Tyranus/Count Dooku

Darth Zash

Darth Baras

Darth Thanaton

Darth Bane

Darth Wyyrlok III

Asajj Ventress

Jedi-side:

Luke Skywalker

Yoda

Obi-wan Kenobi

Master Dooku (he's a fave as a Jedi too)

Hero of Tython (a good, all-light-sided but not naive version of him)

A'sharad Hett (as a Jedi, not as the whiny dumb Sith Lord, and that only because he went in the wrong direction, philosophy-wise :p)

Orgus Din

Non-Force-sensitive:

Ulic Qel-droma (after the Destruction of Ossus, when he lost his Force-sensitivity)

Mandalore the Indomitable

Jango Fett

R2-D2 (not his downgraded, carbon-copied versions from previous periods, mind you)

Han Solo

Chewbacca

Rugor Nass (Boss Nass from Ep. I)

Just to name a few of my favorites-

Sith:

Malgus

J'mpok

Worrf

Galen Marek

Jacen/Caedeus

Scourge

Pre-Corruption Zash (she's kinda sexy :p )

Jedi:

Post-Star Forge Revan

The Exile (Meetra Surik)

Yoda

Obi-Wan

Mace Windu

Lowbacca

Non Forcers:

Han Solo

Chewie

Ackbar

Dash Rendar

Thrawn

Noghri in general

Pellaeon

Xixor

Most hated people:

Sith (weapons too):

Bane

Emperor

Malak

Miley Cyrus

Justin Bieber

One Direction

Jedi:

Anakin (pre Vader, he's a whiny ****)

Ahsoka (sexy, but still a whiny ****)

Trying to remember the rest....

Not necessarily in order:

Favourite Jedi:

Jedi Exile

Bastila Shan

Qui-Gon Jinn

Favourite Sith:

Count Dooku

Revan

Darth Traya

Darth Caedus

Yuthura Ban (I dunno if she belongs under Jedi or Sith, technically)

Favourite Non-Forcers

Wat Tambor (he's cool for some reason)

Reina March

Kaliyo

Eru Matalis

Lorgal the Great Liberator

Edited by BradTheImpaler

- Jedi Master Fay (a typical case of "let's create an interesting & powerful character to be instantly destroyed")

- Shaak Ti

- C-3PO

- R2-D2

- Wioslea (because of the way she looks like)

- Momaw Nadon ( I like Hammerheads !!! :D )

Hm, I think that's it for now.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Exactly. Exactly. People seem to miss this point all the time. It's a testament to just how effective Karp's storytelling was in the Bane trilogy that he managed to portray the destruction of almost the entire Sith Order as a Good Thing for the Sith.

Objectively speaking, the Sith were infinitely weaker after Bane used the thought bomb than they were before. There was no Sith hierarchy; almost all of the most powerful Sith Lords were killed, and the others that remained in the Brotherhood's other holdings across the galaxy were mopped up by the Republic military in the months after Ruusan. Bane caused the destruction of an empire that spanned half the galaxy in order to increase his own personal power: he was the only Sith Lord left, although he quickly added an apprentice and a small hidden power base. His idea of what a Sith Order would be ended up dominating, not Kaan's.

Now, one might argue that Kaan's empire was doomed before Bane tricked his fellow Sith into detonating the thought bomb. If that was the case, Bane's actions were necessary to save anything of the Sith Order from the avenging Jedi. The problem is that that's not clear at all. Bane himself helped to sabotage much of Kaan's chance for victory on Ruusan before the thought bomb. Battle is a lottery, and the Ruusan campaign demonstrated just how exhausted the Republic was by its own exertions. Had Bane instead turned his prodigious energies to the destruction of the Republic forces on Ruusan instead of undermining Kaan's war effort, the Brotherhood may very well have had a chance for victory. It would not be a certain victory, and it might not have even been a particularly likely victory, but it would've been a chance, and that was more than what the Brotherhood had with Bane's thought bomb plan.

But the reality of the situation is that Bane refused to countenance anybody else's understanding of the dark side and the Sith Order other than his own. He thought he was the biggest, most kick-butt Sith Lord around, and that serving under anybody else would be an insult to his potential power and authority. And if that power and authority meant handing the Republic and the Jedi a thousand years of unchallenged peace and prosperity on a silver platter, and consigning the Sith to hidden fortresses and backroom plots, then he had to make those things happen. One of the reasons Bane gave for the Brotherhood's weakness was that a collegial network of Sith was doomed to failure; internal conflicts would tear it apart, because, as he argued, no Sith wanted to obey the orders of any other. But ironically, Bane's prophecy was self-fulfilling. Kaan's Brotherhood did die because of internal conflicts among the Sith. The problem is that they were Bane's conflicts with Kaan.

Bane gets historical credit from a lot of fans because the Sith Order he created eventually ended up conquering the galaxy under Palpatine. The problem is that that "eventually" was a thousand years later. And it had very little to do with Bane's Rule of Two and everything to do with the supreme skill of Sith like Plagueis and Sidious. In Darth Plagueis, James Luceno had several of his Sith characters openly mock the Rule of Two. As he had it, few Sith ever ended up following that code: Masters would take extra apprentices, for instance, and set them against each other - or apprentices would take apprentices, sometimes with the full cooperation of their Masters. And at least once, the Rule of Two nearly resulted in the extinction of the Sith Order, when Darth Gravid became "corrupted" by the light side of the Force and destroyed almost all of the remaining Sith lore before being murdered by his apprentice. With the Rule of Two, the Sith became much more vulnerable; the death or defection of either the master or the apprentice would leave the Order in terrible peril. Whereas a Brotherhood such as Kaan's could absorb the death of a single Sith Lord with impunity.

Naturally, the exact same situation had led to the destruction of Palpatine's Empire. Vader betrayed his master and they effectively killed each other, extinguishing the Sith Order. Had they not violated the Rule of Two by creating vast armies of apprentices and adepts and Hands, the Sith would have perished at Endor. Instead, Lumiya, and others like her, were able to pick up the slack and keep the Sith going.

Therefore, as an institution, Bane's Rule of Two deserves a lot less credit than it seems to get. So what does that leave us, in terms of Bane's accomplishments? Other than the Rule of Two, all Bane tangibly accomplished was the destruction of almost all other Sith in the galaxy at Ruusan. That's basically it. And bizarrely, legions of Sith fanboys sing his praises for this achievement.

I could not agree more with this post.

My favorite growing up as a kid were Luke and Dengar (the bounty hunter from ESB with the bandages). I had been drug by a horse and was all bandaged up. My mom rented a VCR and a copy of Empire Strikes Back to help me feel better. I saw Dengar and went nuts, it was like I was onscreen, all grown up. My mom heard what was happening and went to the store(s) and found a Dengar figure. I spent the whole weekend watching ESB and making up back stories about how Dengar got drug by his dewback to get the bandages with my SW figures. Best mom ever. Edited by StarChompo

By far my absolute favorite is Revan he was the most powerful force user pretty much and pretty much only lost to the emperor due to a certain sith's betrayal of revan and revan pretty much has the best understanding of the force out of anyone ever in that the greatest power comes from balance not all of one side or the other.

By far my absolute favorite is Revan he was the most powerful force user pretty much and pretty much only lost to the emperor due to a certain sith's betrayal of revan and revan pretty much has the best understanding of the force out of anyone ever in that the greatest power comes from balance not all of one side or the other.

No he wasn't, not even close.

He would have been dead if not for the intervention of T3-M4 and after Meetra Surik, he also wouldn't have lasted long at all after his capture by the Emperor if the Exile's ghost hadn't have buffed him with her own force energy and essence to keep him going.

He also didn't have the greatest understanding at all, he didn't achieve mastery over either side of the Force and the only advantage Revan gained is that he was able to use a high proficiency in the Light Side and then when things got tough, turned his emotion switch on and started to use his high proficiency in the Dark Side, whilst this was certainly impressive it did not make him all-powerful.

Like it or not, Luke Skywalker was by a very large margin the canonical most powerful Jedi ever, he fulfilled his father's potential, which was twice as powerful as Emperor Palpatine's, whom is the canonical most powerful Sith Lord ever.

I will never understand this fascination with someone's favourite being the most powerful, I really really don't, the most powerful characters have all become very very boring to me.

Edited by LadyKulvax

Umm pretty much all characters in the original trilogy were made with saying the most powerful KNOWN so and so because just in case there were more powerful characters made later they were assumed to be unknown so even though like was the most powerful known Jedi there could be unkown ones who are more powerful just as with sidious so revan or malgus or the old emperor could each be more powerful than luke Vader or the emperor as in the story its possible that those people are unknown.