Eric? Update as promised?

Arandem

Although I have no timeline to give, I can say that this is in the plans!

As always, I will give more information as I have it.

I would like to know when we can expect the traditional robes. ( This was posted by you 8 months ago btw)

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, 3 months to the day after he posted that the Supreme Mogul Contraband Pack came out with Relnex's Robe - probably a safe bet that's what he was talking about.

Sorry if you don't like the sleeve length...

But they are still short sleeved!! ): I hope that is not what he was referring to. not to mention the belt goes on the outside of the robe... belts don't hold up your pants when they are on the outside people! eradicators and valiant armor set are the only robes that display the correct way.

Yes, Eric, it would be extremely nice if you could show up here and give us an update so I can stop getting my hopes up. ;]

I didn't have anything to do with making this thread but since it exists it would be odd for me not to post here.

By the way I came up with a stupid conspiracy theory:

Archetypal Jedi Knight attire was announced over a year ago now. Would it really take so long to make an outfit that really says "Star Wars" when you look at it ? No. In my opinion: it's ready. It's ready for a good while now, like the rest of cartel outfits which are done months before the release.

Why stalling? eaware is waiting until the first teasers of new Star Wars movie and an influx of Jedi wannabes who'll download the only Star Wars mmo out there. So it's gonna be a new outfit, on the featured page for everyone to see and buy for their new Jedi. Just... Why not release it sooner and the new players will still be able to purchase it anyway? :rak_02:

No problem. Sooner or later someone would have come here whining about making double posts so I thought I'd beat them to it a bit more politely.

Admit it, you hate my crusade ;d

Well, 3 months to the day after he posted that the Supreme Mogul Contraband Pack came out with Relnex's Robe - probably a safe bet that's what he was talking about.

Here is the original post and Eric is quoting picture links as well. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6128294#post6128294

Sorry, but Relnex (while the best thing available at the moment) robe HAS ONLY PRIMARY DYE SLOT. So we can't even turn it into black Sith robes... It's too restrictive in terms of modification AND we don't even have adaptive, matching pants. It makes it look like if the shirt is tucked into the skin-tight trousers. They didn't even give the ones with cloth texture (Battle Expulsor, Battleborn) with the set, just some plain, light brown trousers. It's not good enough. They can make long sleeves already, they can put texture on trousers to make them not appear tight (Sion's pants), they can make chest pieces with additional clothing pieces hanging beneath the waist. :/ And that belt on the outside of the robe is just horrific.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

The Thermal Retention Armor Set at least gives me hope that the art department has seen the movies before. Apparently though they are only at Ep 5 though; although I don't blame them for trying to avoid having to watch Ep1-3.

Maybe someone will get the dvd's as a Christmas present, really they only need to watch the first 5-10 minutes of Ep 1 to see the Jedi robes people are requesting.

When I first saw those robes, I thought to myself "no way that's what he's referring to."

Nearly a year later, I've accepted that it probably was.

It's funny though. I'd probably rather have traditional robes more than Galactic Starfighter.

The Thermal Retention Armor Set at least gives me hope that the art department has seen the movies before. Apparently though they are only at Ep 5 though; although I don't blame them for trying to avoid having to watch Ep1-3.

Maybe someone will get the dvd's as a Christmas present, really they only need to watch the first 5-10 minutes of Ep 1 to see the Jedi robes people are requesting.

lol +1

I'm confused why this is an issue. There are plenty of robes in the game that look like traditional Jedi robes. Hell just leveling through Coruscant you get 3-4 of them.

Arrrrgh, how many times to we have to repeat ourselves? xD

- Skin tight pants

- Hoods up permanently (no up/down variety at all outside of the cartel market)

- belts outside of the robe

- short sleeves

- Only primary dye colour applies (can't turn it all-black as the vest will always remain light brown)

- Not adaptive --- Sith/Consulars won't wear the simple gear

Not good enough after two years.

Apart from those few relatively simple robes (Battle Expulsor for example) with the above mentioned features, everything you get beyond Taris has plenty of unnecessary additions and armor paddings. :[ Would be nice to finally get something everyone can look at and say "It's a Jedi outfit I know!"

I am not here to 'cause havoc like certain people who were banned in recent weeks. It's just the only thing I want to feel... Complete. :l You wouldn't understand!

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Question - if people want the "traditional" Jedi robes, so to speak, then why is that even a request. What we see in the movies is 3000 years in the future - it is not the tradition, let alone the style of this time period. I have no problem with most of the robes and armor we have in the game now - at least we can see something change in the 3 millennia between now and then. I don't want the game to look more like the SW of the movies, I would much prefer it remain on its own - in its own time period. That's part of the fun and attraction of the SW lore and IP - that it actually is a different time period and thusly should have a different look.

Question - if people want the "traditional" Jedi robes, so to speak, then why is that even a request. What we see in the movies is 3000 years in the future - it is not the tradition, let alone the style of this time period. I have no problem with most of the robes and armor we have in the game now - at least we can see something change in the 3 millennia between now and then. I don't want the game to look more like the SW of the movies, I would much prefer it remain on its own - in its own time period. That's part of the fun and attraction of the SW lore and IP - that it actually is a different time period and thusly should have a different look.

You haven't played KotOR games or seen all the art accompanying TOR? :[

Well that's all fine and dandy if that's the case, but to ask for stuff that we have seen in the movies - even if it was in some part including in the previous games, then no thank you. I am quite happy with the robes we have gotten thus far. The traditional robes are rather boring to me.

I do miss those armors :(

I also want the Jal Shey and Zeison Sha armors added in. Less bulky looking, but still look like they would be more in line with force user guardians.

Well that's all fine and dandy if that's the case, but to ask for stuff that we have seen in the movies - even if it was in some part including in the previous games, then no thank you. I am quite happy with the robes we have gotten thus far. The traditional robes are rather boring to me.

Totally movie style: http://crimsonkeep.com/images/screenshots/kb-kotor2-robes1i.jpg :) Variety of Jedi robes found in KotOR 2

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Jolee Bindo's and Relnex's set meet most of the "requirements" you listed.

Even if we were to accept your premise, that makes 2 - TWO, DEUX, DOS, ZWEI, два, DUE, LIANG - adaptable Jedi outfits in the game. YET, there are 2,736 (an approximation) versions of Alderaanian noble outfits in the game. Aside from the closing moments of Episode 3, non-orbital Alderaan is not depicted in the movies. SO, I think it is reasonable that we get at least 1 or 2 alternate Jedi outfits.

Two points 1) to be consistent with this logic BW should remove alll Smuggler, Trooper & BH outfits that are similar to those outfits depicted in the movies 2) as Alec pointed out, BW used traditional Jedi outfits in KOTOR (300 years prior in the timeline) and in promotional material to support SWTOR.