How is Empire on this server?

Mashugana

I too mainly queue solo on Republic, so I often expect to loose. Seeing as a play a medic though, I just try to heal everyone as much as possible to give them all more experience fighting people in hopes that they'll get better and we'll start winning. I enjoy it, and I try to encourage better teamwork (reminding people to respond to incs, focus healers, etc.).

I'm a beginner, but I play a decent amount of PvP because I enjoy it.

Edited by Kickimanjaro

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the most part it seems that the imperial side is a bit more polite, although I have heard some rancoring on both sides (trolling in other games and forums). There also seem to be more people willing to help out on imp side. But I tend to shut off general chat on pub side. Feel free to look us up if you are looking for a guild and good luck!

I am definitely guilty of giving up on imp. side and like a few stories i read here i had the same experience on my last weeks or so q'ing imp side on combatmedic(sr) lol. It was absolutely dreadfull q'ing up on imp side me and my friend booglefunk (who's hopefully making a return soon) were devastated after the server transfers how bad imp side was so like many of the good pvp'ers we followed suit and went pub side in hopes of joining ld50. I like what try hard uniteds is trying to do as far as consolidating the good pvp'ers into one guild but i believe they are going about it in the wrong way, infidelz tried doing the same months ago and failed because with good players also comes an elitest attitude which i am also guilty of having myself :( . My favorite guild imp side is virtuous honor ( i can't say uncensored they're our competition ;) why ? because whenever you see them in a wz you know you're in for some competition , they have a die hard attitude and no ego's as far as i can tell. When ranked first started for us on canderous ordo we put together a pug one afternoon and almost did the impossible at the time, we almost beat ld50 (we lost by a hair and at the time imp side guilds were getting farmed by ld50) why do i bring this up ? because this pug was composed of the biggest ego's imp side , i'm not going to mention names but 5 or 6 or us were never in the same guild imp side on canderous ordo and i kept preaching to all these people on a weekly basis if we can check our egos at the door we can be the top guild on the server and eventually infidelz was formed minus some key players (and later went on to beat ld50) , i wasn't originally in it because of my own ego problems but i later followed suit. Point of my rant and this story is i believe if the best players imp side got together and made people app. and were trialled by good players and denied or accepted based on a night of ranked or regular warzones and crunched some numbers afterwards you'd have a solid guild if you can all check your egos at the door (outside of uncensored or even with uncensored hey isn't that an idea lol ) yeah this wouldn't solve the problem of there only being one dominant guild imp side / pub side but with the number of good pvp'ers i believe this is the only way you'll bring balance back to pvp. You can make many arguments against what i'm saying and i'm aware of these points before you make them but until you check your ego's at the door and get together your pvp frustrations will continue , these are a few key players impside that i know who can step up and make this happen.

On a side note i am noticing a lot of players coming from the fatman / prophecy of the five claiming they're pvp gods and we're garbage please stand up for yourselves in wzs and don't let them troll you.

Edited by donthedondon

Combatmedicjr - The irony in your post is not lost on me. In Virtus et Honor I can honestly say there is no ego. How could there be? We pretty much play with everything we have, geared, ungeared, seasoned, or new 50. It doesn't matter.

Yet even if we are losing hard, often all we do is say 'GG' to you guys, and we are usually met with incredible negativity... or perhaps 'ego'. Why? I have no idea. We have a general rule of trying to be good sportsmen, regardless of the loss/win.

Just this weekend me and a guildy had this experience with you guys, and the guildy half jokingly asked me 'Why are they like this?' I have no idea, I said... just ignore them.

I've resigned myself that for the time being we won't be competitive in ranked PVP. We tried something, it did not work... we are trying something else... it may not work. Personally I'm so frustrated with Ranked I'm about to give up on it. If it weren't for the good people in my guild, I would have stopped queuing months ago.

Naxom i thought i seen you with a different guild tag then virtous honor :/ and i can't speak for all my guildies but we all try to have a never fire first attitude when it comes to talking crap. We all have respect for gilgamesh so it falls down to the rest of your guildies ,your assassins and operatives (i won't mention any names) don't follow your respectful moto.

Naxom i thought i seen you with a different guild tag then virtous honor :/ and i can't speak for all my guildies but we all try to have a never fire first attitude when it comes to talking crap. We all have respect for gilgamesh so it falls down to the rest of your guildies ,your assassins and operatives (i won't mention any names) don't follow your respectful moto.

Yes me and Gil had a different tag for a very short time.... I don't know what to say about the people you won't name, but any time it happens around me there is an effort to... stifle it. Unfortunately we have a lot of people now I don't really know.

Yes me and Gil had a different tag for a very short time.... I don't know what to say about the people you won't name, but any time it happens around me there is an effort to... stifle it. Unfortunately we have a lot of people now I don't really know.

Hello Naxom, my name is Krayshawn nice to meet, you I am still in lowbie because i rerolled when i got back, I am excited to be fighting some good sports when i get to 50!

Well this weekend I ended up PVP'ing again with my only guildy that still PVP's and I must say it wasnt as bad as I thought. I did notice some incredibly bad imperial players, in one match in particular we played a pub that had a couple of the LD50 guys and some others, this was my first experience with them and it was on Novare Coast. I stealthed over to the far side, was able to steal back that cap point and basically hold it off by myself. Then the one guy who kept coming over basically gave up and I was left there by myself for probably 60% of the map. Then we had 3 different people who came over to this unchallenged node and just hung out there. At that point I left and went to harass the healers on the node closest to our base. I really only was in combat for about 25% of the map. We lost with them having 100%, but the thing that really drove me crazy was I had 175K damage in the limited time I did have combat and literally out DPS'ed my entire team combined. The next highest person had 75K damage and everyone else was much much lower then that. As a DPS you may not kill anyone especially if they have good healers with them and are geared, but how in the hell can you NOT break 100k damage, regardless of gear or who your going against? That just blew my mind.

Hello Naxom, my name is Krayshawn nice to meet, you I am still in lowbie because i rerolled when i got back, I am excited to be fighting some good sports when i get to 50!

Hi Krayshawn. It will be nice to have some enthusiasm at 50 PVP.... if I'm still on this toon? Who knows. ;)

Ok, this made me laugh a little. lol

I guess in hindsight it is funny. I should tell the whole story for context but basically me and Gil got curbstomped pretty good in a Civil War. We tried our best (hence 'try hards' we keep hearing) and we decided to go to mid to say 'Good game guys'. We just got trolled.... lol

No big deal. Just kinda funny.

Well you must be talking about me cause we really dont have many assassins but i dont type fast enough to talk ****.