Video Card question

kipliq

Actually I looked last night it is a 4870 but it sounds very outdated. I'm thinking of getting a yoga pad moving away from my desktop and going portable. It has been a while since I looked at computers, can most Ultraportables run games like Old Republic and Diable III? I usually play the 2 games and do lightroom and Premier. That is about all I do. Thanks for the help.

Can they run those games? Yes. Can they run them well? Not so much. For example, my little 13.3" Sony has a core i7 CPU @ 2.7 GHZ and a Radeon 6630 w/ 1 GB RAM. It can run the game well enough in a pinch, but I don't know if I'd try raiding on it without turning the graphics options down.

I use a ATI HD3870, a AMD processor even more outdated than the graphic card (AMD Athlon X2 4800+) and 2 GB ddr2.

The game is playable at 720p with some lowered settings like shadows, grass, etc (textures on high though). The loading times are terrible and moving through the fleet and other high populated areas is a pain. Ops, fp, wz, space missions work very well.