A Thousand Papercuts

cyrus_krell

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love this thread.

Buying Ranked Warzone Commendations at the fleet vendor is a pain in the ***.

You can only buy them 10 at a time (on a 3-1 conversion rate) which means that if you've got 2000 comms waiting to be converted, that's 65 times you have to click on this thing.

BUT WAIT! There's more.

It's actually double that amount of clicking because you have to move over to the confirm box each time (which can't be moved).

I read some post saying that you can use the alt tab (or something) to mass buy, but I tried everything and no such luck.

SO. In conclusion - being able to mass purchase Ranked Warzone Commendations would be great.

Man. 1st world problems or what? Jeez life is tough. OOoooo! A COOKIE!

You can shift+click then drag them to your inventory ,you can then buy 99 at a time,usually only take me about 4-5 times before i run out of normal wz coms.

You can shift+click then drag them to your inventory ,you can then buy 99 at a time,usually only take me about 4-5 times before i run out of normal wz coms.

Hey thanks, I'll give that one a go. Still, having the option to just, you know, mass purchase, especially when everyone is racking them up to do just that, would be helpful!

Giving this thread a bump with a papercut of two things concerning 1.4.

First off:

I really don't like the way your characters automatically sheathes their weapons. For example, prior to 1.4 on my operative, when I used any ability she would hold her rifle in her hands until I press Z out of combat. I liked that. I'd much rather have my character hold her rifle in her hands than on her back.

Right now it looks stupid. Another example; when I run towards the middle in huttball, I typically throw hots on 3 or 4 targets. Inbetween, my character will draw and sheath her weapon simply because I'm not in combat. It looks bad.

Suggested fix: Simply go back to how sheathing/drawing weapons worked prior to 1.4.

Secondly:

It's probably a bug, but it's a nice bug so I don't want it changed. Currently, if you draw your weapon, your character will not do an angry facial expression. They won't make a face at all. I love this, the angry expression always looked off on all of my characters.

However, if you set your mood to something else and then back to neutral, and draw your weapon, your character will make an angry expression. This will be reset upon entering a new instance.

Suggested fix: I'd ask that Bioware remove the angry facial expression upon drawing our weapons, and make it into a passive mood for people who want to look angry.

Edited by Majspuffen

Don't know if this has been said yet, mainly because I don't feel like reading through all 56 pages of posts, and but can we have it so my companion isn't basically attached to my butt while I am running? It's annoying to constantly see my companion pretty much riding on me the whole time I am running around. Plus the idiot usually has a habit of standing RIGHT in front of what I need to click on for a quest or conversation, making me have to play what I have started calling Spin the Camera so I can see if I can find an angle that will allow me to click on my quest objective and not have a conversation with my companion. I am actually starting to run around with my companion dismissed if I know I won't need them. Just give me some space. Make my companion follow from a little more of a distance and have them off to the side, so when we do stop, they aren't directly in front or behind me, blocking me from clicking on stuff. Thanks.

Edit: just wanted to add that I think the Punish social skill for the Sith Pureblood is just about the best thing ever. I finally get to smack the crap out of my companion for being in the way all the time. I spent more time slapping Khem across the face than anything else.

Edited by DunderMiff

After reading every single page and papercut, I know that this has not been mentioned yet.

My papercut: When I am sending companions on missions, I constantly have to reopen the mission window to send my next companion on the same mission types. For example, I send Mako on a Slicing mission, then the window closes, so I have to reopen the Slicing mission window to send Gault, then reopen it again to send Blizz, etc. I notice that the mission window has a drop-down box for the companions, so why must I reopen the window every time? I also wish it would remember which selection I have in the drop-down box for which grade of materials I want. It is most annoying and time-consuming to have to open the window every time and choose the grade of materials for every single companion.

Aside from that, I agree with the majority of the papercuts and suggestions listed in this thread.

• 1 month later...

what I wish for is more music (this might be a bigger papercut ?)

star wars is very much about music and there are so many zones and even whole planets without.

when driving around corellia or ilum as an example, its feels so lonely there as it is (near to none people) but without the music it feels desolate depressing, the only thing you hear is the humming of your speeder.....

1) Companions stowing their weapons correctly

2) Legacy Bank: All current character vaults combined. Whichever tab(s) is owned by whatever character is marked as owned by that character, but all on legacy may access it. Credits are shared amongst all via a deposit/withdrawal system similar to gvaults.

3) Tionese Crystals... give them a use. Trade for stims, trade for currency, trade for legacy gear... something

4) Another band aid fix to appearance without resorting to an appearance tab: Make ALL custom (orange) gear "adaptive", except for class specific pieces that are random drops.

5) Companion pathing: While I find it funny when a companion jumps to his/her death because my character was overshot by 15 yards, it gets kind of old after awhile.

6) While there has already been a trash mob purge in multiple flashpoints, with the amount of skippable mobs still within flashpoints, just remove them or patch the "skips". It makes obsolete and trivial content even MORE obsolete and trivial, thus trivializing developer time put within each flashpoint.

7) Make 1-10 (first planets) actual tutorials that do a better job explaining almost every aspect of the game to at least a slight degree. A forced space mission upon getting your ship would be a nice touch as well.

8) Guild Recruitment Channel: Guilded people can join by /join grecruit or whatever. Unguilded people will be automatically added, but may leave on a voluntary basis.

1)

3) Tionese Crystals... give them a use. Trade for stims, trade for currency, trade for legacy gear... something

Your prayers have been heard!

Ancient Artifact Storage Boxes can now be purchased for 25 Tionese Crystals from all Tionese vendors.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5443616#edit5443616

Edited by Palonto

I feel like they have been listening (secretly :p) and i think its great! My little suggestion would be more clothe-like armor for bounty hunters, i mean i understand on the job we gotta be wearing armor, but what about following a target into town? The target would be looking for a guy with huge clunking armor chasing him. i suggest adding a new model (just 1 or 2 new models, then can just change the color or change a little thing about them later). The new model would be a coat/jacket that ran down past your knees (just a little) and was an open coat/jacket and underneath you could see the breastplate of standard BH armor. It would give us just a little look of stealthiness i think BHs are lacking.

The thing that drives me crazy EVERY TIME I play this game is the fact that most of the time my companion's lightsaber gets bugged when she puts it away. She's then running around with a activated lightsaber on her hip. It's crazy that this bug is still in the game after all this time. If nVidia needs to fix something in their drivers to fix this, then Bioware needs to get them to do it. Or Bioware needs to fix their code.

One of the BIGGEST things i would love to see is a 64-bit version of the launcher or maybe some 64-bit compatibility things implemented, playing on a 64-bit system with a 32-bit game makes me lag way more than i need to. Also for inquisitors and Consulars, make it not required to have lightsaber drawn in combat, it just looks silly shooting lightning out of fingers that are wrapped around a double bladed lightsaber...

One of the BIGGEST things i would love to see is a 64-bit version of the launcher or maybe some 64-bit compatibility things implemented, playing on a 64-bit system with a 32-bit game makes me lag way more than i need to. Also for inquisitors and Consulars, make it not required to have lightsaber drawn in combat, it just looks silly shooting lightning out of fingers that are wrapped around a double bladed lightsaber...

I'm with you there! The performance gain for a 64 bit client would be tremendous! If the game could utilize the resources my system has to offer I would no longer need to run everything on bare minimum and the game should be a lot smoother to play. Come on Bioware! It's no good having a hardware demanding game if the client restricts hardware usage. I do strongly believe that with a 64 bit client you could find yourselves with less problems being reported and even a lot more customers!

Edited by Thuliume

Another thing that really makes me lose the full on experience of diversity. I know it's been mentioned before but the mob spawning is just awful, i mean every place there is a handful of the same mob they're all identical. I mean it's hard to feel like a sith when I'm killing the same jedi over and over... Just one more thing they could fix

Despite doing all the quests and making an effort to pass by these characters whenever possible and sometimes stop and wait, the NPC bystander conversations rarely trigger. I would recommend making sure these trigger once when the player first walks by the NPC's at the appropriate time and then be able to trigger the conversation again at any time by clicking on them. Edited by usmarshal

I really want that legacy wallet along with a legacy bank and the ability to control the crafting skills of my legacy without relogging. That would be cool.

THIS!

I was thinking there should be a location on the Fleet(s) where we can access special legacy bank and "crafting tables". Maybe the empty-ish wall in the room where the banks are across from the GTN?

So many people have alts with and for professions (some exclusively for professions) and the Legacy system only promotes this. So why not cater to it?

Such an area would be a bustle of activity. It would proably become the hot spot to hang out at and be like "the place" on the fleet...

Not sure we have one atm... maybe that's by design ¯\(°_o)/¯

I see so many times the same entries being asked again and again that's saddening, even more as too many of them have been suggested even before the public beta launched.

So, if you're willing to lighten the mess in the suggestion forums have a look at those and (eventually) drop your new suggestions in the appropriate topics ;)

Edited by Deewe

It would be really nice to have my alts indicated as such when I am mailing things to them (perhaps by a gold star next to their name or something). And perhaps a 'ding' sound of some sort when the mail is sent to my alt.

Companion distance should be addressed, often I find myself trying to loot something and my companion IS RIGHT THERE ON MY MOUSE. I have to actually move my camera a lot of times just to loot stuff. I find is super annoying while I am running and my companion is literally nipping at my heels. And if my companion can gather, why not make them loot as well?

Apologies if this has been posted previously but I do not have the time to read through every thread, posting this in my lunch break :)

Guilds: The bank tabs are extortionately expensive once you get past tab 3. I would like to see the tabs reduced to a more reasonable amount, or ideally, a system similar to WoW where a small portion of all credits earned by members is allocated to the guild bank.

Some guild achievements would also be nice, rewards would not have to be extensive, maybe a title or a pet. I just think this would help build the community spirit and would make a change from the usual ops/fps/questing which tend to be done in smaller groups within the guild. Perhaps if/when guild ships are introduced, this could be an event where the whole guild community has to work toward it (rather than just purchase).

Chat System: As a guild leader, I get a lot of whispers/enquiries, oh the times I have sent my reply to the wrong person, the time it then takes to apologise to the relevant people (still getting it sent to the wrong person). I know many people have mentioned this, however, BW this is no longer a paper cut, this is a huge knife wound that is bleeding profusely, please, please, please fix this a.s.a.p.

Thank you for starting this thread, great idea, also for listening to my little whine, have a great day all.

Would like to see a shop where we could change our characters appearance. All things except gender and species. Possibly a Cartel Coin/Credit purchase. Kind of like the Skill Mentor.

I am sure everyone regrets some things in their Character. or are just ready for a change. That is why some people roll so many alts. Ready for a different look, maybe even just a small change can make you interested in your character and playing it more again.