• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GUILD: Don't Worry 'Bout It

SERVER: Begeren Colony

FACTION: Republic

1/5 - The Withering Horror 8man NiM: Down

Kill Pic: http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/273991/module_gallery/original/1281593.jpg

Achievement Pic: http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/273991/module_gallery/original/1281594.jpg

My Achievemnet Pic: http://i.imgur.com/DFwGO7P.jpg

These are Khevar's pics from a cross post on the Terror NiM progress thread under the Flashpoints, Operation forums

Edited by Chyanis

Hit and Run is 1/5 on NiM TFB. We got in a few pulls on the dreadguard and I have to say that this fight is going to be fun! Must say that this is the most fun I've had in a while because the content is actually difficult.

Out of curiosity, I wanted to know which guilds are going to skip over the dreadguard? We are currently on the fence about skipping it because it ruins the spirit of progression raiding. I'm really hoping that there is no bug, and we are all somehow missing a mechanic. Though if Bioware comes out and says that it is bugged we may skip it.

http://assets.enjin.com/wall_embed_images/1371111684_Screenshot_2013-06-12_22_15_05_346222.jpg

Out of curiosity, I wanted to know which guilds are going to skip over the dreadguard? We are currently on the fence about skipping it because it ruins the spirit of progression raiding. I'm really hoping that there is no bug, and we are all somehow missing a mechanic. Though if Bioware comes out and says that it is bugged we may skip it.

Thora, there's a TON of posts in the Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missons Forum about the difficulty of the Dread Guard. I saw a guy did the math on the dps needed. He said the dps need an average of 2965 and that DOESN'T include the Legionaries And Ciphas' bubble to avoid enrage. I've even seen several people who claim to be in the top PVE guilds on the game state it is impossible, or very near impossible. They said they 4 dps in full 72s only getting 2600-2700. So, I think BW will nerf or lengthen the enrage timer with the Dread Guard in 2.2.1.

Edited by KnightGreg

Very good question. In the past, on BC guilds have skipped bosses and marked it as progression so there is a precedence. That being said its a good question worthy of discussion to decide whether it should count or not going forward.

Ascension has also done the first boss, I will let Rydia post the pics. As for skipping bosses, we will be skipping, whether it counts for progression or not that's what needs to be discussed.

Me personally I have no issues if a guild decides to move ahead; to get gear, learn new mechanics and just have fun with the raid. As for counting for progression I am on the fence, on one side it sort of seems like cheating but on the other I don't, since I see it as a bug from Bioware.

Edited by ICSWOR

Personally, I think for the run to be counted as "progression" and thus the achievements of the kills to be allowed, the team should have to kill the bosses in order. If a group skips the DG and downs Op9 I don't think it should count as a part of their progression on this Thread because I think for someone to progress in a raid, their kills should be in the order of the bosses themselves. However, if the general consensus is that a group can skip the DG and kill the other bosses and have it still count, I'm completely OK with that.

Progression requires guilds to down all bosses. If you switch to HM then back to NiM, that isn't progression. Even if people believe the Dread Guards are "bugged" (imo they are not and can be downed). That's why you have to have a screenshot of the kill with date stamp and achievement in order to receive credit. Edited by Diachi

I do not think skipping should count towards progression, but that is just me. To my knowledge, the developers have not said anything about the DG being bugged, and suckafish did get them down to 10% after some guilds had already declared it impossible. Anywhoo good luck guys, and make sure you keep everyone updated with your progress!

Updates in. Yeah as far as progression goes. It has to be pure progression as far as I'm concerned. Otherwise we'll be adding tons of asterisks to everything. I don't want to dumb down the achievement.

If guilds want to skip and try the other bosses then go nuts. At the very least you'll gain experience for when you get title runs. Also get loot which is good too. But only report actual progression. BW will eventually retune if something is deemed impossible. If we have to wait longer then so be it. In the meantime think of ways to overcome it, maybe something you missed or a way to optimize dps better. I assume if the enrage is that tight that guilds are having the tanks dpsing on the kill target as well as tanking. If their added, although small, level of dps doesn't help then yeah something is likely off.

Thanks for clarifying Arashi. I brought up the question since in the past it had not been clear and there have been instances of guilds skipping bosses to claim server first. Probably should update the first post with that clarification.

Bioware should really change the lockouts to not even allow it, it just makes it messy as can be seen on the general forums, those world firsts will all have to have an asterisk, server/world first should really mean server/world first.

Now that that's done we can go back having fun killing bosses, once everyone stops taking vacation that is. :(

Edited by ICSWOR

Due to recent events I feel my neutral position on maintaining this thread will be compromised in the near future. So effective immediately I request a replacement be made. I know Ascension offered months back but I am guessing they changed their minds because they haven't communicated back with me.

Whoever picks it up I will give you the forum code for all the work that has been done since my predecessor left a year ago. I won't be leaving game but updating may be problematic.

Whoever picks it up I will give you the forum code for all the work that has been done since my predecessor left a year ago. I won't be leaving game but updating may be problematic.

:jawa_angel:

Edited by Diachi

Due to Sovereign's involvement I cannot in good conscience hand over the thread to conspirators involved. You and Epic have been branded enemies of this guild and either of your guilds handling this thread I cannot view as being neutral to the community.

Info has been backed up and is awaiting a new handler. Please contact me privately. Code has been distributed to a responsible member in the Bergeren Community so it is not only backed up on mine but they have it. Whatever they choose to do with it is up to them.

Edited by SojournerNC

Sigma Squad has been given the code. My thanks and blessing to them in continuing this thread. May they carry it on well! :)

Thank you SojournerNC for all your hard work and dedication! From all of us at BC, we thank you.

This thread is now closed. The current progression thread may be found HERE.