Not what we were expecting Gree Event Pub and Imp ceasefire?

bodyarmor

So today I got up in the morning going right to my computer to play swtor and an unexpected site greeted my sleep ridden eyes when I spawn in on my lvl. 50 marauder, Kyldor of The Ebon Hawk, on illum. Just yeserday relics of the Gree were released and the republic and imperial forces were in a ceasefire in the pvp area. Yesterday a great number of trolling pvp guilds met up and started killing people left and right. Today however there are words being exchanged between the two factions instead of lightsabers. To name a guild keeping the peace are Silent Council who have been doing a great job with ceasing the conflict, so lets give them a thank you when you see them standing around, they could have better things to do but they're trying to make your travels on illum safe. So are their guilds on other servers or on the Ebon Hawk that have been promoting the peace let? Are their other servers that have been at a ceasefire? Let me know in the comments below. May your travels on illum be filled with joy and snow.

So are their guilds on other servers or on the Ebon Hawk that have been promoting the peace let? Are their other servers that have been at a ceasefire? Let me know in the comments below. May your travels on illum be filled with joy and snow.

I have not logged in yet today, but I know last night on Jedi Covenant the hard/medium core PVP guilds were out in full force taking out those that either A.) don't normally do pvp but want to do the event, B. Normally do WZ's but don't do RWZ, C. didn't realize they went through a pvp zone, and became flagged. With the new repair costs you will find me not likely to be flagged for pvp doing the event, I'll likely even skip the PVP area unless I know the hard/medium core pvp guilds are not in my instance.

Sure I like pvp, but I personally won't go and attack someone that is just trying to get the objectives done, unless attacked first.

There was a queue to the pylon last night on Ebon Hawk. However, there wasn't a ceasefire exactly as violence would sporadically break out. Any one not in a group would get yanked out of line and destroyed. Sometimes the rest of the queue would go to their defense, sometimes not.

At the end of the day this is player behaviour we are talking about. BioWare can't control people's inborn desire to work together or cause ****.

- Arcada

After a full day of getting ganked by all the troll guilds, The Harbinger became much more civilized and started an informal and mostly peaceful system of allowing groups to take turns using the pylons. One guy stunned me as I was capping the pylon and a small fight broke out between our groups until he admitted he started it and apologized! I really hope this proves to be the model for the future, griefers be damned! Some faith in humanity has been restored.

Begeren colony in instances 1 and 3. Pubs and imps worked together to form a line with approx 7 min wait. 5 or 6 moderators from either faction stood watch to stun or kill line cutters.

We even had a cross faction dance party while waiting.

It was awsome, as in instance 3, an imp guild was ganking every pub in sight.

I can see having a cease fire in the PVE zone, in case you got flagged accidentally or something. Though it seems odd that there would be a cease fire in the PVP zone. I'm not to surprised as it's Ebon Hawk, an RP server. Still, you would think a group of a few people would just start slaughtering people for the fun of it.

Time will tell. It's new and shiny, when it wears off there will be more killing.

The reason is, in my opinion: people are getting bored. I mean two hours of just everyone killing everyone..after awhile people get bored, they want to complete the objectiives to get the new Tron Gear.

People can go to WZ all day long, they can go to Outlaws den..etc..but this event offers new items, legacy light sabers, tron gear..at some point people probably want to complete the objectives..and then go back to killing..

generally what has been happening on jung ma has been alternating periods of pvp and peace.

generally there will be a nice line with moderators, it'll last approx 15mins then at somepoint someone will shoot someone else (accidental autotarget or intinational) and next thing ya know there are bodies everywhere - about 10 mins later order returns

It's not a PVP event, it's a THUG EVENT - thanks to Bioware complete lack of understanding MMO players.

* Same-faction killings - Jedis killing Jedis is a great way how to ruin the Star Wars theme.

* Exploit flagging of PVE'ers - especially on PVE and RP servers. Condoned by Bioware, instead of punished.

* Collusion between the PVP guilds of either faction - lets not fight each other, just gank people in PVE gear.

* RL threats and non-stop racist/sexist/homophobic language on general chat - condoned by Bioware, instead of punished.

* Extortion as the latest twist - making people pay so they can complete event quests.

I like PVP, that's practically all I do in SWTOR.

And I always wanted open world pvp to return, but this event is garbage and just brings out the worst in people.

Edited by Totaltrash