Offhand weapons in cutscenes

Pelagia

This has been bugging me for a while now

So I recently started a Marauder, and am enjoying. But there is one thing that continues to really bug me: his offhand saber is Never used in cutscenes. While I sort of understand If its just a scene where its just conversation, but there are scene like the climax of Act 1 where he only fights with one!

Bioware, I'm not sure if you will read this, but if you do, I ask that you at least try to have all of the offhanders be able to use their second weapon in cutscenes

If anyone else would like to chime in, feel free to leave a reply below.

So I recently started a Marauder, and am enjoying. But there is one thing that continues to really bug me: his offhand saber is Never used in cutscenes. While I sort of understand If its just a scene where its just conversation, but there are scene like the climax of Act 1 where he only fights with one!

Bioware, I'm not sure if you will read this, but if you do, I ask that you at least try to have all of the offhanders be able to use their second weapon in cutscenes

That's the reason I rerolled my Sentinel to Gaurdian and rolled a Juggernaut instead of Marauder. I was going roll one as Gaurd/Jugg and the other as Sent/Mar but because of the cutscenes, I just rolled them both the same.

I think it has something to do with the fact that most classes use more weapons or weapons that are completely different from each other. The sniper class uses the pistol on the side in most of their cutscenes, so does the trooper, which is hilarious. But even shadows ignite their lightsabers as if they have a single bladed saber and it looks really silly. I'd like to see it changed.

I think it has something to do with the fact that most classes use more weapons or weapons that are completely different from each other. The sniper class uses the pistol on the side in most of their cutscenes, so does the trooper, which is hilarious. But even shadows ignite their lightsabers as if they have a single bladed saber and it looks really silly. I'd like to see it changed.

The cutscenes are pre-scripted. There's nothing in any of the cutscenes to indicate ACs for any class and that has alot to do with the fact that the cutscenes were done/made before ACs had been finalized or decided upon. For example dual wielding lightsabers wasn't tied to an AC, but was originally designed as a player choice.

In order to do what you're asking they'd have to go back and redo alot of cutscenes, which is something I doubt will ever happen at this point. Maybe if the game had become as successful as they thought it would be they might, but not anymore.

At this point everything is going to be a trade off in term of development. For instance would you rather they work on existing cutscenes to properly reflect ACs or would you rather they work on new cutscenes for new story content? Replace the ladder question with any feature really, ie is it really worth the time and resources to do it over X feature?

It happens with troopers and companions too. For example, when a commando goes into an action cutscene, they draw an invisible rifle instead of their cannon. And, for example, if you give Corso a pistol, he wields it like a rifle, and Kaliyo tends to wield rifles like pistols. However, I've noticed (with Kaliyo, at least) that this has been fixed–instead of whipping up an invisible pistol and the rifle magically appearing in her hand, she now reaches over her shoulder, pulls out the rifle, and brings it into firing position. Not sure if Corso now whips out a pistol instead of an invisible rifle and then having the pistol appearing, but it's nice they at least fixed Kaliyo.