Cybertech grenades Ruining Warzones

Royox

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I asked why a tank VG once ran through a fire in huttball without losing very much health, about 15%, he said an adrenal + reactive shield would stop it.....last I checked cybertech grenades didnt let you live through fires ;)

my commando and vg have always been able to run through fires sans adrenals. I just popped reactive shield + adrenaline rush. most teams are smart enough to stun a person at the point, however. anyway, I was getting through with 50-70% health. in any case, there's plenty of dps in wz's. we don't need to bring back adrenals and/or on use relics. however, it's bs that biochems can't craft a reuseable top of the line stim. it's not a competitive advantage, but gimme a break. it's part of the design of the game. armorers get free aug slots and the abil to create aug kits, cybers get reusable grenades, biochems get...outdated reusuable stims. :(

Cybertech grenades Ruining Warzones erm no!

then biochem should ruining to?

Let say this Grenade has 2 3min CD.

Stims rakata or w/e is also reusable and very good buff basic whole wz fight.

I found this grenade worth have as powertect beacuse ihave very low on CCs so giveing me 1 extra dosent hurt at all.

even i would prefer Stims.

They're not unfair at all as you can buy them yourself.

However, they make PvP even more annoying. There are zillions of stuns and mezzes available to all classes, the last thing PvP needs is more ways to take away one's control of their own character.

Since I've gone Cybertech I gotta say.. man I love those 'nades. So many uses.

Charge into grp, smash, grenade, force choke, slash slash, smash again, intimidating roar, force crush resolve capped guy and beat on him till dead, smash again.. its so silly.

Can't reach capper / rooted/snared? 'Nade em!

Buddy capping door in VS but aoe mez is down? 'Nade em!

Swapping sides in VS to cap other door, 5 people on enemy team trying to fllow? 'Nade em! (with 70% slow for 8 seconds OP grenade).

But honestly, if they arent usable in PvP, *** would you use htem for? .0001% dps increase in raiding lol ? Think it would even be a dps loss..

If we had the old resolve system, this wouldn't be as big of an issue. Bioware just HAD to make it were uncoordinated casuals could look awesome lining up CC.....and by lining up I mean 6 cc's hit you, but because they were all done in a relatively short duration then you benefit a little from each without maxing resolve.

I once had full resolved with about 4 guys on me. 2 ppl were near me, one being my tank. All of a sudden I saw 4 immunes in the span of 3 seconds or so, flash on my screen. These are the baddies that BW is catering to.

They said they made the change because ppl were upset when bad players made someone full resolve. I'd rather have that than a guaranteed 8 seconds of stun without them being coordinated.

I just don't find those nades FAIR on warzones. It's giving a Crew Skill an advantadge over the other ppl by adding 1 SKILL THAT STUNS, CUT CASTS AND STOPS PPL TRYING TO KITE.

I don't understand why are they still used on WZ's. It's stupid. If a crewskill can have PVP advantadges over the others...make ALL Crew Skills have something to do with PvP.

I'm armormech....give me +100% armor -.-

pd: Sorry bad english :_

Wait a sec, are you saying a crafting profession can use it's items in a wz, while Biochem got nerf'd out of it? Now that doesn't make sense does it?

Of course not.... because the community is to stupid to think that far ahead... and BW obviously suffers from the same mental disorder.

Let's compromise then: Bring Biochem adrenals back to wz's and pvp zones... and let them have their grenades.

Seeing as Biochem was the ONLY crafting profession nerf'd in PVP because of wow carebears.

Edited by Ahebish

You're right. They removed adrenals because they wanted to raise the TTK and decrease burst damage. It wasn't a *only a few people have it, so it's unbalanced*, it's that *everyone had them, and they were op*. It's like giving everyone a one-hit KO move every three minutes; Sure, everyone has it, but it's still way unbalanced.

My point is that removing adrenals altogether was the easy/lazy/wrong way to fix TTK and burst damage (which hasn't even really changed that much since 1.1.5). There are so many ways they could have alleviated that problem without lowering the skill cap - they could have tweaked defensive stats (and therefore defensive adrenals) so they were actually worth something in pvp, they could have cut the duration of adrenals to be more in line with existing defensive cooldowns in the game, or they could have changed the classes that were "abusing" adrenals. All of that would actually require testing though, so Bioware took the lazy route and just took them away.

I won't be at all surprised if they handle all the cc spam qq the same way - just remove a universal source of cc (as adrenals were a universal source of burst) instead of taking the time to make incremental changes and test each one.

I just don't find those nades FAIR on warzones. It's giving a Crew Skill an advantadge over the other ppl by adding 1 SKILL THAT STUNS, CUT CASTS AND STOPS PPL TRYING TO KITE.

I don't understand why are they still used on WZ's. It's stupid. If a crewskill can have PVP advantadges over the others...make ALL Crew Skills have something to do with PvP.

I'm armormech....give me +100% armor -.-

pd: Sorry bad english :_

good luck with that, since patch 1.4 in my opinion BW feels there is not enough CC in this game. Dont be surprised when we get our lvl cap increased that they add even more cc and nerf resolve even more.

I don't agree with the OP but I do think the nades are over the top considering our crappy resolve system since the last change (I liked it before). I don't advocate removing grenades though just change resolve! You should be punished for using cc on a cc'd player. It promotes teamwork.

And punishes lag, not a great idea from my crappy Internet's viewpoint. There just needs to be more ways to break CC's aside from a single ability on a 2min CD. I do agree that resolve needs changes though; it's way to short and it takes to long to fill. You end up spending half of a 1v1 fight alone getting cc'd the way it is now.

I would like there to be a timer between cc's. As in, get stunned or blasted once, can't get stunned or blasted again for 10sec or something.

Edited by SerikFox

I've been saying for a while the Cybertech grenades are op. Everyone that runs RWZs regularly knows how cheesy they are - similarly to the bubble-break stun issue we're also seeing. It gives classes that don't normally have an aoe stun/stagger access to a free ability on a 3min CD. It breaks the rock/paper/scissors balance of PVP, and they are ridiculously abused in warzones (just like Adrenals). Only a matter of time before BW removes them from warzones... probably in 1.6. Edited by Cial

I wouldn't shed a tear if cybertech grenades were removed from PvP, and I'm cybertech. Any cause that promotes less stunning and more control of ones character is a cause worth supporting.

agreed, lets remove every single ability in PVP and only allow people to fight with Legacy punches!

now that's what i call skill

agreed, lets remove every single ability in PVP and only allow people to fight with Legacy punches!

now that's what i call skill

At least then we'd be in control of our characters. What would you propose? We all unplug our keyboards and then fight? Oh yes, that's a vast improvement.

At least then we'd be in control of our characters. What would you propose? We all unplug our keyboards and then fight? Oh yes, that's a vast improvement.

i dont think you get how the flow of combat works in the game. if there were no stuns in this game it would eliminate a massive massive strategic layer in PvP

i dont think you get how the flow of combat works in the game. if there were no stuns in this game it would eliminate a massive massive strategic layer in PvP

I don't think you understand what I, or what anyone else, is asking for. The cybertech grenades everyone uses aren't even stuns, they're AoE mezzes. We don't want no stuns, but we want less of them. There's just too many right now and resolve is total garbage. Now that people can mindlessly spam stun keys and not have to worry about overlapping CC layers, resolve does nothing. You're long dead before it kicks in. And lol at "massive massive strategic layer", because fighting a target that doesn't fight back is sooooooooooooo hard. You don't even have to time your stuns anymore. There's no resolve penalty for overlapping CCs. HAHAHAHAHA! Oh man, haven't laughed that hard in a while. That's a good one.

I don't think you understand what I, or what anyone else, is asking for. The cybertech grenades everyone uses aren't even stuns, they're AoE mezzes. We don't want no stuns, but we want less of them. There's just too many right now and resolve is total garbage. Now that people can mindlessly spam stun keys and not have to worry about overlapping CC layers, resolve does nothing. You're long dead before it kicks in. And lol at "massive massive strategic layer", because fighting a target that doesn't fight back is sooooooooooooo hard. You don't even have to time your stuns anymore. There's no resolve penalty for overlapping CCs. HAHAHAHAHA! Oh man, haven't laughed that hard in a while. That's a good one.

Get a good team and have your healers clear the stuns.

/thread

I've been saying for a while the Cybertech grenades are op. Everyone that runs RWZs regularly knows how cheesy they are - similarly to the bubble-break stun issue we're also seeing. It gives classes that don't normally have an aoe stun/stagger access to a free ability on a 3min CD. It breaks the rock/paper/scissors balance of PVP, and they are ridiculously abused in warzones (just like Adrenals). Only a matter of time before BW removes them from warzones... probably in 1.6.

This is a very good post that nicely sums up the argument for the OP.

While it is true that grenades can be used by anyone, can be acquired cheaply or crafted by an alt, giving every class a ground targetable long-range AoE mez disrupts balance to a significant degree.