1.7 going live on 2/12

renoxodus

Help..I cant find the cut and paste complain about nothing key.. HELP :rolleyes:

Seriously I never quite got what PTS was for other than to check the actual patch installed correctly.. There aren't enough people on it to warrant any useful info that one monkey couldnt have spotted and at that stage its pretty much a given the release is going to be a final release that will be patched later..

The point of putting an event on PTS is - like stupid and not possible..

Ah well life goes on ---- Time to open another bottle from the Barossa Valley and spend 30mins working out if the shade of my avatars costume warrants me having a tantrum.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They just reported over a $100 million profit off the CM market since release. The game is no longer about numbers because it is no longer dependent on subscriptions. You have to change how you think of this game and success. If there are only 100k players and they are hitting their numbers through CM then BW/EA are going to be happy.

I am well aware of their financials, but cash shop games are actually more tightly bound to concurrents (logins) than subscription games. Subs can be parked en masse (see: PandaQuest®) and still bill as revenue, but you pretty much have to play actively to spend at the cash shop. So they need those numbers up, especially as the initial binge of account-wides and unlocks gives way to a leaner diet of consumable boosts, passes and mount-of-the-month.

Not one event was tested on PTS. Calm down people. First event was not even announced. The second event was announced because people were complaining that they missed first one. Still it was never tested. And I recall that it was not that bad. Some bugs yes, but they were fixed fairly early and did not affect much players.

Well then why don't you calm down until it's released and actually find out if there are game breaking bugs or not. All the preemptive whining is getting tiring.

While I don't agree with many of the complaints in the thread, this jumped out at me. Of the x number of patches thus far, has there been one that did not introduce a bug of some sort. "Game breaking" is subjective (except for things like CTD), so I don't want a war over what is game breaking and what is not.

Saying a swtor patch will cause more issues ranks up there with stating that water is wet, the sky is blue and so on. It's just a given. It's true that events have not been put on the PTS before, that does not mean it shouldn't be.

While I don't agree with many of the complaints in the thread, this jumped out at me. Of the x number of patches thus far, has there been one that did not introduce a bug of some sort. "Game breaking" is subjective (except for things like CTD), so I don't want a war over what is game breaking and what is not.

Saying a swtor patch will cause more issues ranks up there with stating that water is wet, the sky is blue and so on. It's just a given. It's true that events have not been put on the PTS before, that does not mean it shouldn't be.

Is this your first MMO? Every MMO has has hotfix patches after main patches. No patch is ever bug free.

And yes, game breaking is subjective. I haven't experienced any and I've been playing pretty much daily since launch.

Well then why don't you calm down until it's released and actually find out if there are game breaking bugs or not. All the preemptive whining is getting tiring.

To paraphrase The Princess Bride: You keep using this word "calm down" -- I do not think it means what you think it means :)

To paraphrase The Princess Bride: You keep using this word "calm down" -- I do not think it means what you think it means :)

The person you quoted used that phrase and you cut off the rest of their post after that phrase implying that there was reason to not remain calm. In addition your previous post was nothing but fear mongering:

I'm not surprised at the precipitate release of 1.7. Concurrents are shrinking again - the post F2P surge may finally be fading, and this title is on a short leash nowadays. Major releases always boost the numbers. I think they'd rather take the heat for bugs than risk further attrition. We'll see how it goes.

"They had to push it quickly out because the game is losing players!" Ignoring the fact that back in December they said there would be 9 weeks between patch 1.6 and 1.7. Tues is 9 weeks. So it seems to be it's coming out right on schedule.

I am well aware of their financials, but cash shop games are actually more tightly bound to concurrents (logins) than subscription games. Subs can be parked en masse (see: PandaQuest®) and still bill as revenue, but you pretty much have to play actively to spend at the cash shop. So they need those numbers up, especially as the initial binge of account-wides and unlocks gives way to a leaner diet of consumable boosts, passes and mount-of-the-month.

well if you look at Torstatus since it has gone F2P the server pop is UP. Normally after the launch of F2P the biggest increase is at the launch. So far it has steadly gone up even between patches. it will be interesting to see how long this trend continues.

I think its because this game really does cater to casual gamers as if you only play an hour or two a week then it will take you a long time to get to 50 and with all the different class storylines its very appealing to casuals. They get a lot of bang for their buck.