New Species

Ajwoodley

I know that we've just had another species, (Good work bioware on the cathar species) but I think almost everyone on SWTOR will agree with me on this one.

The Togruta.

Who hasn't wanted to do character based of Shaak Ti or Ahsoka Tanu?

I know I would, reply if you would too. :csw_bluesaber:

Species like that would be awkward because they won't be able to use most helmets, just look at Twi'leks.

That being said, new helmets could be implemented, or maybe re-model current helmets to "fit" the head designs of the new races.

My personal choice would be:

Kel Dor (Tricky, seeing as their voices would have to be voice-modulated and the females of the species aren't known for their beauty, by human standards of course)

Nautolan

Kaleesh

Taung (The original Mandalorians, can be brought back through cloning or some other mcguffin)

Bi-pedal droid (This won't happen since they can't be Jedi and Sith classes, and would also require a truck load of new voice acting to fit into the story, it remains a pipe-dream of mine)

From what I saw in one of the devs videos they said: Because of the way the game was coded originally, it is extremely difficult for them to add new species (they learned that while adding Cats). So they are not planning on adding any new ones again soon.

We've(some of us I guess...not as many as a year ago) been clamoring for Togruta for a good while now, especially since there are so many you interact with in your storylines and there is already a companion. Shaak Ti being my favorite Jedi, I really wanted to play one. There used to be a ton of threads on this when the player base was a bit larger.

• 2 months later...

I want Bothans badly. Devaronians would be cool too. Maybe Bothans for the Republic and Devaronians for Empire. And of course with the legacy system, you can cross faction. Idk why people like togrutas and Kel Dor so much though.

Bothans and Devaronians!!!

And add facial hair for Chiss!!!

Bi-pedal droid (This won't happen since they can't be Jedi and Sith classes, and would also require a truck load of new voice acting to fit into the story, it remains a pipe-dream of mine)

Actually it wouldn't take that much new voice acting. Just apply modulation to the existing character voices and use the dialog trees for aliens with droid replacing alien. For the voice acted NPC parts just record the voice actors saying "droid" in a condescending, contemptuous voice and edit it in wherever "alien" is said in the original sound files. For Jedi or Sith droids just give them midichlorian tanks that their brains are immersed in or some similar handwavium. Or disallow droids as a species selection for Jedi and Sith. Whichever.

Edited by NyxNoxNothing

If I had to pick one new species to be added to the game I would have to pick trandoshans. It would require new voice acting and possibly subtitles although the species is able to speak basic. I really liked the new Cathar species being that I am a guy that loves cats. Whenever BW makes a new playable species they always make it a mammal or mammal like and the species always has human-like features. It is time for them to make something that doesn't look human. What better way to do that than make Trandoshans a playable species. :tran_frown:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
it took them so long to introduce lame cathars... i dont think we're gonna get anything else very soon. : /

Before SWTOR was launched, they said that in time they'll add: New Character Species, New Classes, and for those who prefer SGR option. So far they've added 1 new species, and in all of their posts and blogs they're saying how difficult it is for them to add these options in because of the codding. I can't help myself thinking, didn't they know this when they were actually codding the damn game? such lies....

• 3 weeks later...
If they DON'T add new classes/races, it will be a MAJOR downturn for the game since some have played through all the storylines already... This is one of my favorite things to do: level new alts/races/etc... At this point, I have begun to roll new alts for the same classes just to go through some of my favorite storylines again... >.<

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

i would like to play a Jawa, The can Speak Basic (a Jedi Jawa named Akial spoke basic without and accent or Lisp.), are Humanoid (Which means Bipedal with 2 arms and legs.......not human looking.)

Would be great to be a Jawa.

Trandoshans CAN speak Basic, one in 'Clone Wars' Spoke basic, which if i need to remind you, is Canon.

If they are TOO repitilian in nature, then use their Sub-species, The Saurin whose Hands and Feet are more 'Human Like' http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Saurin

As for Nautolans and Togruta, i'd say more Star Wars fans are familiar with them due to Clone Wars and the Prequel Trilogy than the Cathar, Rattataki, and few of the other Current Playable Species.

Zeltrons would be a species that could work, as well as the Nagai or Tofs.

Wookies would be awesome but they dont speak english :(. Yoda's race would be awesome, some tiny green migget jumping around swinging a light saber. Tuskan also would be good if they spoke. Besalisk, Like dexter in the cantina, Bothan also, Trandoshian would be awesome, Dashade, evocii, Gamorrean would be hilarious, Gungan would be cool, like jar jar binks, Something a little different, Off the normal human shape and all would be good.