Rolling Release = Not 5 waves in less then 24 Hours.

sednal

I thought they called it a 'staggered' release? Never heard waves or ripples mentioned.

1/10

They clearly used "waves" to describe the invitations to the small percent allowed in game.

Facebook update from yours truly: Star Wars: The Old Republic

"The final wave of emails have been sent. We will be sending another wave tomorrow starting at 8am CST."

Another...

"Another batch of emails has gone out. Good news, this one was a bonus wave, we still have one more to go today!"

"The third wave of Early Game Access emails have been sent, one more to go!

"The second wave of Early Game Access emails have been sent. As always, check your spam folders!"

"The first wave of Early Game Access emails have now been sent! We will let you know when the next wave goes out."

Hopefully they will have a bigger batch set out tomorrow.

I don't think Bioware wil let us down, lets stay optimistic.

Edited by ipxAnima

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Who says they won't? A good takeaway from day 1 is that they went really light on granting access and they can be more aggressive tomorrow. I wouldn't be surprised if they managed to get some Nov pre-orders in tomorrow and December players in by Thursday. That way everyone gets at least 5 days.

For people who say, "well, its not like they dont have family's/lives..", I'm not sure if you know that there is an 3pm-11pm shift(Swing) and a 11pm-7am(Graves) shift.. Plus, its a launch. I'm sure most will get over time..

I'm sure everything will be running perfectly and they won't need time to look at the data and make sure everything is running smoothly.

Who says they won't? A good takeaway from day 1 is that they went really light on granting access and they can be more aggressive tomorrow. I wouldn't be surprised if they managed to get some Nov pre-orders in tomorrow and December players in by Thursday. That way everyone gets at least 5 days.

lol, you ordered in Nov didn't you?

I don't see how you can possibly even conceive of that, when they haven't even finished with the month of July pre-orders yet. Much less August, September, and October pre-orders in ONE DAY?

I want some of what you're smoking.

For all of you entitlement brats that are getting more than the promised 5 days of early access, here's a tip. Bioware said that most of their pre-orders happened in the first month, July. And most of those July pre-orders were supposedly on the FIRST DAY. So, for all the babies crying that ordered in November..... you're at the end of the line. In fact, if you ordered in September you are ALMOST at the end of the line.

Even with the extra days, tears are still flowing like a river. I say everyone that complains, gets access 12/19, it is still early access as advertised ;)
It is early access with rolling access as stated on clicking the fine print link or reading the forums. What was advertised was not this... it is still not this. SWTOR's main page has a snippet that says "Fans who have pre-ordered STAR WARS: The Old Republic can now begin playing the game! ". It is deceptive. And who has extra days?

For all the brownnosers complaining about entitlement seekers wrap your head around this.

BW said they are doing this to avoid queues . A stagger EGA is the exact same thing as a queue only longer (in this case up to 6 days for some customers), and pisses off far more customers than a login queue ever will.