Disappearing Crafting Recipes!

SithKoriandr

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to post this problem in "customer support" subforum in order for one of the officials to acknowledge it. And since this bug is not among "Known In-Game Issues: Updated November 20th " bugs, we can almost be certain that they are either unaware of it (which means they dont even bother to read this subforum) or it doesn't have high importance to them.

In either case we will have to keep waiting for a fix for a long time. Typical "BUGTOR" CS.

== Bug confirmed and recorded ==

I am currently testing various things to re-create this bug

I usually take screen-shots of my competed schematics as well as keep data in the form of an Excel spreadsheet of my completed schematics.

My Synthweave 400/400 is doing all the Re-engineering Green > Blue > Purple to get the schematics and has lost about a bunch Purple schematics who knows when, but recently.

I've completed doing Heavy Armor and Light Armor, and currently doing lower 30's Medium Armor when I noticed I had lost ALL my Purple schematics I got from...

(Data from spreadsheet)

Level 29 Medium Boots and Headgear

Original Green : Ceramic Alloy Boots, Ceramic Alloy Headgear

Blue : Overkill Ceramic Alloy Boots, Overkill Ceramic Alloy Headgear

Purple : Expert Ceramic Alloy Boots, Hawkeye Ceramic Alloy Boots, Vehemence Ceramic Alloy Boots, Rampart Ceramic Alloy Boots and Commander's Ceramic Alloy Boots and Expert Ceramic Alloy Headgear, Hawkeye Ceramic Alloy Headgear, Vehemence Ceramic Alloy Headgear, Rampart Ceramic Alloy Headgear, and Commander's Ceramic Alloy Boots.

Level 31 Medium Chest and Legs

Original Green : Ceramic Alloy Vest and Ceramic Alloy Leggings

Blue : Critical Ceramic Alloy Vest and Overkill Ceramic Alloy Leggings

Purple : Endowment Ceramic Alloy Vest, Fervor Ceramic Alloy Vest, Supremacy Ceramic Alloy Vest, Tempest Ceramic Alloy Vest and Leadership Ceramic Alloy Vest.

Expert Ceramic Alloy Leggings, Hawkeye Ceramic Alloy Leggings, Vehemence Ceramic Alloy Leggings, Rampart Ceramic Alloy Leggings and Commander's Ceramic Alloy Leggings.

I finished them and was about to go on to the Level 33 Bracers and Waistcords...

All my green and Blue schematics above are intact (at this moment), and lost all the purples :(

I also took a screen shot of all my schematics as of Thursday, November 22nd, 2012

The schematics I lost were done After the F2P patch went Live.

Edited by nattodaisuki

As many others I'm having the same problem (disappearing blue and purple chematics after reverse engineering a green item).The craft-profession is synthweaving after I wrongly started as armormech but quickly saw I was on the

wrong path :). Two days ago I submitted a ticket in the section "bugs",today I received an automated answer telling me that tickets in "bugs" don't receive an answer but were automatically send to "customer care"(or something like that. Shortly and blunty put, atm the game is for everbody in the same situation UNPLAYEBLE!. Why wasting valuable resources (effort of getting them+time to craft) when the result is zero? I think crafting in an MMO and esspecially in SWTOR is one of the cornerstones of the game. Many try to craft some decent gear while levelling up.

I hope something is going to be done to resolve this game-breaker, and this very quickly, or I fear my time with the game (and this of many others) as a subscriber will end in the not so far future...... (and in THIS galaxy)

Edited by Kengas

This is happening for me with cybertech. After the latest patch and only with earpiece's I have RE'd. As soon as I log out and log back in they disappear. Any blue or purple cybertech earpiece I RE is only good until I log out in other words.

I did another test where I RE'd a blue earpiece, queuing up two to build. Then I logged out and back in; the schematics where gone, but the two earpieces remained queued on my companion and did finish building successfully.

I've had no other issues with any other cybertech RE I've done so far.

Edited by PendulumDnB

Another little update; I submitted a bug report and a regular ticket as well. My bug report was received and closed as per the norm; but my regular ticket was auto closed with a form letter telling me I did not supply enough information, even thou I provided specifics in spades about which schematics where disappearing and how to recreate the issue.

Is there a special condition for this to happen ? Does this happen on character who switched professions ?

To test it, yesterday I discovered some low level stim with my biochem that I never bothered with before. Got the blue, got the reusable. Logged out, logged back in again. Schematic was still there.

I have armstech any every time I relog I lose all the blasters schematics I learned from reverse engineering. I keep my points in armstech tho. I believe I am keeping the barrel schematics I unlock from reverse engineering. I hope they fix this before my alt hits 50 and I really care about those schematics more

Maybe here's the better place for my question; Is it a problem that only f2pers have? Or do the subscribers also?

I want to train a new twink at the moment, for me it seems to be better to wait with that for a few more days?

Edited by Han_Salo
Schreibfehler gefunden :-(

I am a full subscriber and have the same problem. Still have not heard back from my trouble ticket. I have 3 different ones submitted for different reasons and none have been answered yet, the oldest was open 3 days ago. They are very slow at doing anything to fix issues it appears.

Now I'm seriously worried about whether I've been run afoul of this bug or not. I often run multiple craft and RE schemes at once, and might have actually lost a lot of credits and time thanks to this. I'll immediately take note of all my known recipes, and check them against my next log in.

Thanks to the "excellent patchingwork" from Bioware I lost today;Redoubt Reinforced Armguards(blue);Redoubt Savant Bracers(Blue);Redoubt Synth Assault Belt(Purple);Overkill Synth Assault Handgear(Purple);Critical Assault Handgear(Purple). As far as I know , and I can say for myself that I have a wide experience in MMO's, Bioware is

so far the only firm I know who manages with each patch(remember 1.4) to make the game worse than before. Is there nobody from these guys who followes these forums? Especially because this "bug" is a VERY SERIOUS ONE? Acting as there is nothing wrong ( ignoring tickets,forum) is in my (humble) opinion a slap in the face of the PAYING

customers.

Edited by Kengas

Also cybertech, changed from synthweaving originally; any earpiece schematics I learn are gone at relog.

The armorings and mods seem to be OK but I cant be sure since I don't remember exactly which ones I learned.

BEFORE LOG OUT:

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag67/cds333swtor/earpiecebugbefore.jpg

AFTER:

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag67/cds333swtor/earpiecebugafter.jpg

You would think that with all the money people are spending on cartel coins to get the stupid throne etc they could hire some more people to address this stuff.

Finally someone is looking into the matter. Regarding the last post on the german forum concerning "what about

the vanished schematics ?" it is maybe wise to keep this thread alive to keep some pressure on the kettle :).

So I am posting my today's list of schematics I had and that disappeared in a galaxy far away ; Redoubt Reinforced Fiber Belt(Blue);Overkill Reinforced Fiber Belt(Blue); Critical Rugged War Waistcord(Blue); Overkill Rugged War Waistcord(Blue). That's all for today. I keep on doing this until a fair solution is given to resolve this mess.

I have been bitten by this bug again today. I had reversed engineered some barrels and the blue recipes did not get lost so I though maybe I would be ok to continue R/E other things. Still on my armstech crafter. I reverse engineered some rifles and got the blue recipe and then began to gather the mats to create a blue one ...

while waiting for my companion to come back from a mission to get the mats my instance queue popped and I went off to run a PUG instance ...

when I returned to my starting point after finishing the instance, I opened up my crafting window to continue with my efforts to create the blue version of the rifle ... but the recipe was now *gone*

I DIDN'T EVEN LOG OUT !!

the failure of this company to reply to this thread detailing such a serious issue in their own official forums is very poor customer support, plain and simple.

PS. I don't speak German, but I ran their reply through google translation and got the following result shown below . It does not sound very promising. As a software developer my own opinion is they have a poorly written database or data abstration layer. A very similar problem used to happen often back when the game released >> If you created a toon named "Fred" and then deleted it and rerolled it again as "Fred" ... nobody could add "Fred" to their friends list (it actually used to say no such character exists even when it was online at the time) ... because it could not properly index the new character and could only see the first one that had been deleted. They eventually fixed it, but it took them a good long time... I am shelving this armstech toon indefinitely. I do not have the time (and money) to waste on such a pointless exercise.

================================================

Hi all,

the suddenly disappearing plans have already been forwarded to the development team, so that as soon as possible can work on a solution for this. Unfortunately, I can not call this time frame in which it will be resolved. First, the exact cause can be identified.

I can understand how frustrating this can be, especially if you just want to pull up a new profession and then discovered the missing recipes for Next Skill. Please have a little patience, however, while we work on the solution. Thank you for this.

===============================================

Edited by Silvafox

I'm having the same issue. I was Biochem, then Cybertech, but returned to Biochem. Now every reverse engineering schematic I learn disappears from my skill list. Very frustrating considering the time and cost.

Update - I had already submitted a ticket, but I've yet to see a reply.

Edited by Kurzert

I'm having the same issue. I was Biochem, then Cybertech, but returned to Biochem. Now every reverse engineering schematic I learn disappears from my skill list. Very frustrating considering the time and cost.

Update - I had already submitted a ticket, but I've yet to see a reply.

I've sent a ticket about this more than a week ago, but it's already closed and it happened without any kind of help or response from them. I hope you will have more luck with your own, but I wouldn't hold my hopes up. CS is this game is appauling.