SWTOR is a similar MMORPG to WoW

Blacktailstalker

First off, im already feeling some improvements from lags then a month ago. I dont know if bioware has been cleaning up its servers or my computer is moody, but I even changed it back to my highest graphical settings and it's running much smoother lately.

Second, I hate to tell you all and to remind you that I told you so that this game is never going to be an exact clone to WoW or any other mmorpg outhere. People shoudn't expect every feature from WoW to be incorporated in SWTOR. I have no major issue with this game and none that I know of is gamebreaking so far, and this game is going to be a paid subscription for many years to come.

People experience the spoon feeding syndrome while they see stuff from wow that makes the game navigate much easier and faster in the gameworld such as LFG system that assembles a group for you and teleports everyone infront of the Instance, well it still takes 15 minutes to 30 minutes sometimes and I hear the raid finder is going to take more time. I managed to assemble a group in swtor for flashpoints and heroics in the same amount of time. Althought I would still like an an in-zone lfg that is much easier to use. Addons, I dont want them if its going to reduce the performance of my game. I woudnt mind a more customizable UI but not more.

Overall, this game looks very promising in the months and years ahead because Bioware seems to listen to the community, but hopefully they keep a fine balance and dont impliment outrageous features also. And im sure their going to find and fix bugs as we continue to play

This game is not a MMORPG. It is a SPOG ( Single Player Online Game ). This is the goal they have for the game. They do not want a ton of people on one server. Hence why we see such small populations on each planet. Therefore, it is called a SPOG.

Thats intersting, I know when I was at WoW's server there was like 100k people. I wonder how many people max they can have on 1 swtor server? But regardless, I prefer it like this.

Thats intersting, I know when I was at WoW's server there was like 100k people. I wonder how many people max they can have on 1 swtor server? But regardless, I prefer it like this.

It's really not even comparable, I believe. It "seems" (I'm no expert) that the servers fill at 5k-10k people.

This game is not a MMORPG. It is a SPOG ( Single Player Online Game ). This is the goal they have for the game. They do not want a ton of people on one server. Hence why we see such small populations on each planet. Therefore, it is called a SPOG.

Then why the monthly fee?

Hello everyone,

We ask that topics posted in Star Wars General Discussion stay focused on the Star Wars™ franchise outside of The Old Republic™. Since this thread is off-topic, we're going to close it. If you wish to discuss Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, please use the General Discussion forum.

Thank you for understanding!

Edited by Noviru