The Star Wars: The Old Republic Community Cantina Tour Arrives in San Diego

Courtney, any way we can see an actual tour schedule, instead of announcing these things a couple weeks in advance? Some of us would like to attend, but will need more time to get time off requests in.

Uh, this isn't a couple of weeks in advance, that's nearly 2 months in advance.

Edited by chuixupu

Courtney, any way we can see an actual tour schedule, instead of announcing these things a couple weeks in advance? Some of us would like to attend, but will need more time to get time off requests in.

Hey LeGoonDuVegas,

We try to refrain from posting exact times and locations until we have 100% secured the venue. But here is a list of general dates for Community Cantina Tour locations for the rest of the year:

• June 2013 – Los Angeles, CA

• July 2013 – San Diego, CA

• August 2013 – Chicago, IL

• August 2013 – Cologne, Germany

• August 2013 – Seattle, WA

• October 2013 – New York, NY

• November 2013 – Austin, TX

I can say that we plan most of our events around conventions. For example, our Los Angeles event occurs during E3 and this event is happening during SDCC.

So for Chicago we are looking to have the meet and greet during Wizard World Chicago Comic Con, which is from August 8th-11th.

For Cologne, Germany, we are aiming to schedule it during Gamescom, which is from August 22nd-25th.

The Seattle event is during PAX Prime, so August 30th - September 2nd.

And finally the New York event will be occuring the same time as NYCC, which is from October 10th-13th.

The Austin, TX meet and greet is not happening during a convention so I don't have a time frame for you there.

Hope that helps!

Well, darn; I guess we won't see you at PaxAus, then. Alas.

But to all who can get to one of these events, have fun!

ETA: I was so hoping for a Taunfawn.

Edited by vian

Hey LeGoonDuVegas,

We try to refrain from posting exact times and locations until we have 100% secured the venue. But here is a list of general dates for Community Cantina Tour locations for the rest of the year:

I can say that we plan most of our events around conventions. For example, our Los Angeles event occurs during E3 and this event is happening during SDCC.

So for Chicago we are looking to have the meet and greet during Wizard World Chicago Comic Con, which is from August 8th-11th.

For Cologne, Germany, we are aiming to schedule it during Gamescom, which is from August 22nd-25th.

And finally the New York event will be occuring the same time as NYCC, which is from October 10th-13th.

The Austin, TX meet and greet is not happening during a convention so I don't have a time frame for you there.

Hope that helps!

Please say you will be announcing the first MAJOR expansion to SWTOR during E3 and if you do I hope it is the SSSP and hopefully you would have a working demo for people to check out. I think that alone would bring players back to the game in droves.

Does this mean that you will be doing something at Celebration Europe or is it just gaming conventions? I know its about the same time you're scheduled to be in Cologne but was curious.

Parking downtown chicago is hell.

Any chance of getting it in a Chicago Suburb? Any place near Rt 290 would be fine, since thats the only freeway and its just a 20-30 min drive to Chicago on it during non-rush hour from the NW Suburbs like Schaumburg or Hoffman Estates or Elk Grove.

Not to mention you wouldn't be subjecting people to paying the horribly overpriced Parking Meters in the downtown area. I am all for free and plentiful parking.

Hey LeGoonDuVegas,

Hope that helps!

Hey Courtney, there's Austin Comic Con happening the weekend before Thanksgiving, Nov 22-24, 2013

http://www.wizardworld.com/home-tx.html

edit: I live in Austin and will be going out of town to visit family, so if it could be that Friday the 22 that would be great. :sul_wink:

Edited by GrandAdmlStrife

Any chance of getting it in a Chicago Suburb? Any place near Rt 290 would be fine, since thats the only freeway and its just a 20-30 min drive to Chicago on it during non-rush hour from the NW Suburbs like Schaumburg or Hoffman Estates or Elk Grove.

Not to mention you wouldn't be subjecting people to paying the horribly overpriced Parking Meters in the downtown area. I am all for free and plentiful parking.

Wizard World Chicago is at the convention center in Rosemont. It's not actually in Chicago. There's plenty of parking there but it's not gonna be free. I think it's like $10-$12 a day and that's on top of the $50-$60 it will cost you for a one day ticket to WW.

Edited by Screaming_Ziva

It's the same in downtown LA and San Diego. I got a deal by parking r far away from an event last time I went to LA. $15 lot. Yes, that was a deal.

Would there be any way to RSVP without a facebook account? I don't have one, for multiple personal reasons, but I would still love to be able to go without being told I can't since I didn't RSVP.

Would there be any way to RSVP without a facebook account? I don't have one, for multiple personal reasons, but I would still love to be able to go without being told I can't since I didn't RSVP.

RSVP is optional to attend, if you look at the main page for the event it says you do not need to RSVP.

It's the same in downtown LA and San Diego. I got a deal by parking r far away from an event last time I went to LA. $15 lot. Yes, that was a deal.

Since this is scheduled for the Thursday of Comic-Con, you'd probably do better to park at one of the free lots along the San Diego Trolley lines -- SDCC has for some years set up a deal with the city for people to park in the Qualcomm Stadium lot in Mission Valley and then take the trolley from the stop there at the stadium down to the con; the city puts on extra runs that go straight down to the con so you don't have to change trains in Old Town. It's less convenient than having your car there, but I can tell you from experience that trying to drive in downtown during SDCC is a losing proposition; when I go to the con, I'll park in one of the Park & Ride lots and take the trolley up to the con, so I can avoid all the traffic, and an all-day trolley pass is just $5.

Well crap, I am IN san diego and i literally wont be able to go because my birthday is on august 24th! and i turn 21 that day! so i wont be able to go and wont be allowed in due to not being of legal drinking age,