Top 3 GTN annoyances

Raora

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you are wrong in flaming people selling in lower stacks

I sell both... I will sell large stacks... but I also sell small stacks which I try to base on use... if there is a popular recipe that takes 4 of x... then Ill post stacks of 4... and often I will make a greater profit on that small stack... cuz where they might not want to buy your stack of 50 at 50k (since they only need 4)... I can usually sell my stack of 4 at 6k and make a greater per...

as for undercutting... I have been playing ah's ever since they added them to games... and while some price stupildy... many like me have a set profit margin and if I can cut you by 1 and still make my margin then all I can say is sorry... but once below my margin I just wont sell...

oh and while you hate undercutters... am I also supposed to believe that you will never raise your price if you see an item selling for more? :)

I think you are wrong in flaming people selling in lower stacks

I sell both... I will sell large stacks... but I also sell small stacks which I try to base on use... if there is a popular recipe that takes 4 of x... then Ill post stacks of 4... and often I will make a greater profit on that small stack... cuz where they might not want to buy your stack of 50 at 50k (since they only need 4)... I can usually sell my stack of 4 at 6k and make a greater per...

as for undercutting... I have been playing ah's ever since they added them to games... and while some price stupildy... many like me have a set profit margin and if I can cut you by 1 and still make my margin then all I can say is sorry... but once below my margin I just wont sell...

oh and while you hate undercutters... am I also supposed to believe that you will never raise your price if you see an item selling for more? :)

stacks of 4 are better than 1. But it's basic math.

You can have too 90 slots to sell now. So, using that number you place 90 stacks of 4 at 6k per (1500cpu). Experience tells me over two days you will sell roughly 50-70 of the 90. Lets use that average of 60. 60 X 6k = 360k in sales

Using those same 90 slots and you place 90 items up for sale in stacks of 20 at 20k (1000cpu).

Experience tells me over two days you will sell roughly 40-60 of the 90. Lets use that average of 50. 50 X 20k = 1,000,000 in sales. That's almost triple your sales in the same 2 day period.

As a buyer (crafter) a stack of 20 for 500cpu less is far more worth it as you will use that item more than just once to make a single item down the road.

1. People who post prices below the given buyout price. If two Terenthium cost 95 creds to gather, you need to sell both of them for 50-75 each to make any profit. Can't believe people are too stupid to understand that...

2. If I want to sell multiple stacks of the same item, I have to post that stack, then manually adjust the price. For each. Effing. Stack.

3. Buy my damn Silica already.

Or Desh. You can get a lot of both if you're overzealous on scanning every desh pile/droid corpse you find in some places.

I noticed that most of the crafting schematics require resources in groups of 2, 4, 6, or 8 of a particular material. I might try selling resources in those denominations plus some larger groups. So I can have something for those who are missing a small amount of material for one item and some bulk amounts for those trying some larger scale crafting.

Edit: Re, the crowds at the fleet sites and other public kiosks. It's not too annoying, though it's probably polite to dismiss your vehicle first before stepping up to it.

;)

Edited by Sinapus

1. As a resource seller, someone pricing stacks 1 credit per unit lower than mine. If you are going to undercut me, undercut me!

2. People who place stacks on the GTN in stacks of 1, even worse people who put stacks of 1 that are undercutting me by 1 credit per unit. Just takes up space on the GTN and it's far more profitable in stacks of 20 or so. Putting 50 stacks of 1 with an average sale of 750 is 37,500 credits over 1-2 days. Just go out and run dallies for an hour and make more that.

3. Who are these fools that run around the GTN terminal in circles for an hour non stop? Do they have nothing better to do? Talk about annoying when you are trying to list 50 items 1-2 times a day!

Sorry, just had to get this off my chest

Raora

welcome to a MMO lol its the same in all them :D

1. Not knowing what's the actual going price for an item. There's no history information available and I don't have the time to track the market manually, so my best guess is to search for the item and take the lowest available price. Often I undercut a little since it's more important to get the item sole and out of my inventory than to make maximal profit on it.

2. No commodity market (selling in bulk and buying partial stacks). Selling large stacks of items is just horrible. If I don't split a large stack up, it won't sell. If I do split it up, usually the same person buys it all. It's also annoying to look for the lowest unit price in the search results.

3. People selling items for less than the cost of obtaining them. Luxury fabrics are almost impossible to sell, even if I just want to get rid of them and put a break-even price on them.

1. Not knowing what's the actual going price for an item. There's no history information available and I don't have the time to track the market manually, so my best guess is to search for the item and take the lowest available price. Often I undercut a little since it's more important to get the item sole and out of my inventory than to make maximal profit on it.

2. No commodity market (selling in bulk and buying partial stacks). Selling large stacks of items is just horrible. If I don't split a large stack up, it won't sell. If I do split it up, usually the same person buys it all. It's also annoying to look for the lowest unit price in the search results.

3. People selling items for less than the cost of obtaining them. Luxury fabrics are almost impossible to sell, even if I just want to get rid of them and put a break-even price on them.

You hit the three big ones there.

1. I came from wow so I was used to using wowhead to cross check the ah to maximize my profit and if the market was lower than it's value I'd hold onto it. In swtor I have no idea what going prices are since they change so rapidly and torhead doesn't have prices of gtn items because no addons are available to track it.

2. I can't tell you how frustrating it is to split large stacks up to 99 into smaller stacks because they just don't always sell or they are buried so far back no one will ever see them.

3. This one annoys the life out of me. People will literally sell items at a loss with all the undercutting they do. I stopped running missions for mats on some of my characters because it is seriously cheaper to purchase them off the gtn than it is to run long expensive missions hoping to get what you need. If I'm in the market to sell and prices are lower or at cost of the item I'll just let it rot in my bank, I'm not a charity and I'd rather destroy my items than give them away at a loss.

This is because they're used in making only 1 "type" of armor, Light armor. Everything else in UT has many different uses across several crafting professions.

I think it was just an attempt at Bioware to add a little bit of diversity in crafting mats, but it failed...miserably...as (just as you stated) we can't even really GIVE them away.

Edited by Darev

This for me along with other kind of stupid pricing a la:

Item X priced @ 10,000 credits

Item X priced @ 9,999 credits

And so on.. i mean honestly, does that ever work? Cos if i need something and just have to use the GTN and checking the prices i see that crap i will always buy the more expensive one as if people honestly think their massive 'discount' draws buyers, eh.. :rak_03:

Believe me that works... I have been playing AH's since they created them (I think i said that before) and I have seen prices go for example 1,000 - 999 - 998 - 997 - 996 etc... and while you might appreciate the quality and buy the higher priced item that has better craftmanship... most people sort by price and buy the lowest item...

so yes... the massive discount does work... you must be the exception that proves the rule ;)

• 3 weeks later...

-It would be nice if you could shift click an item to populate its name in the search bar instead of having to type out that name

-The dropdown menu that filters out item usability for me or one of my companion still doesn't work after 1 year

is there a way to comparitive shop for your companion while on your ship? When on the fleet you roll mouse over some gear on the GTN, the current gear stats for companion pops up, but when on your ship it does not.

is there a way to comparitive shop for your companion while on your ship? When on the fleet you roll mouse over some gear on the GTN, the current gear stats for companion pops up, but when on your ship it does not.

No because you are not groupe with him on your ship.

Priced have nose dived in the last couple weeks. Did I miss something?

Depends on your server, and their markets. For Shadowlands, custom gear and weapons (non-cartel) are really low, speeders are going for 3k (people keep undercutting each other and they keep falling). The Cartel armor, dancer and the covert top are going for 800 a piece. I keep picking up stabilizers in the morning for 4-5k for five (someone keeps posting well below market the average prive is around 125k - 160k).

• 1 month later...

TIP :csw_yoda:

Regarding shift click, it is a little bit longwinded process but you can do it this way:

1, open your inventory and GTN windows

2, hit ENTER to start typing into chat window

3, shift+left click the desired item in your inventory and the name link will be pasted into the chat entry

4, use arrow keys + shift to highlight part or all of the item name in the chat entry (or just use your mouse but do not copy brackets)

5, use ctrl+x and ctrl+v to cut/paste the text from chat entry into GTN search window

Only thing to look out for is NOT to press ENTER key while the item name is in the chat entry as you will submit it into the chat...

Though this should really work directly when you have GTN window open on your screen you can somewhat work around it ;)

Edited by Vithren

In order of annoyance

1. Mounts all around the kiosks (just in fleet in general), expecially the huge obnoxious ones.... I solved that by buying legacy wide GTN, mailbox and repair droid for my ships... this has greatly improved the GTN and overall game experience to me x10. Its that nice! If you have not done so and Fleet annoys you, like it does me, this is a must have.

2. the people listing crafting materials in bulks of 1.... Really people? Sell in bulks of 5 at least, but I do it in bulks of 20, 40 and 60.... and in between. Going through pages and pages just to get to the bulk stuff is insane. Rare stuff, like Mandalorian Iron, I may do 5 packs.

3. This is a BW issue.... I have to now use 3 chars to search.... Yeah, really not a good idea, now I cant look easily for a mod 22 for example. As soon as you put 22, it will not search.

I'm getting there, dont you need a level 25 legacy?

Using CC you do not have the level restrictions.... and get the GTN, the mail box and repair droid. It will spoil you....

A nice quiet ship, no idiots, no battleship sized mounts and a huge time saver. of all things that can be purchased with CC, nothing beats these 3 for me... and its a one time buy for ALL your ships in your legacy.

Great deal!

Edited by Themanthatisi

1. No sort by unit price (not sale price, but price per individual unit)

2. 2-day limit. Many things here, but items coming back to email with deposit and single item/block per email is a gigantic pain in the arze for someone like me who crafts and sells every leveling purple for each crew skill across several alts. I also purchased the 90 slot unlock. So it's annoying to have to wade through 60-70 emails every two days and click to get my item back and also click to get back the deposit. Better solution would be to enable a "refresh" that would allow you to go an click refresh sale and pay the deposit each time (heck, even put a cooldown on it). Only if you fail to refresh do your items go back to email.

3. People with no understanding of markets (and I mean basic understanding). Too much to say here.

Not being able to preview both imperial and republic models when looking at an armourtech or synthweaving schematic.

People selling vendor mats at ridiculous prices. I'll pay a reasonable premium for the convenience of stocking up on Insulating Flux from the GTN, but not a 200% markup.

Having to set the price for each item individually when selling several identical items. The GTN should be smart enough to recognise that the item is the same and should default to the price set for the previous one.