Slicing Spreadsheet

SpiffyJr

For each WZ you make you win around 1.5k. Last time I heard about about slicing being OP it was 5k an hour, so even so it seams like making PVP is much much more profitable since you win money, EXP, PVP currency reputation and Valor.

rich>bountiful>abundant>moderate

Where does Wealthy and Prosperous fall into this? I just got an epic slicing mission that gives a wealthy quest. Is it, and I'm assuming it is, now more effecient to be doing the wealthy or prosperous missions as I get them?

For each WZ you make you win around 1.5k. Last time I heard about about slicing being OP it was 5k an hour, so even so it seams like making PVP is much much more profitable since you win money, EXP, PVP currency reputation and Valor.

Those activities are not mutually exclusive. Slicing while PvPing will yield more money than not slicing while pvPing.

Is there a sense of whether a particular crew skill mission is always rich, bountiful, abundant, or moderate?

Edit: The answer is Yes, they're always a particular yield (with slicing anyway). This was observed over approximately 20 slice missions.

Edited by combhua

I have started building a collaberative spreadsheet using data gained from posters on the elitistjerks.com website to determine the following information from slicing missions: 'Average Credit Gained per Mission', 'Average Net Profit', and 'Average Credit per Minute'.

Once we've gained some additional data points, I'll share the information publicly about what missions give the best return on time investment for your companion.

Our initial data is showing that 'The Automated Saboteur', 'Prince of Fools', and 'Be Careful what you Read' are the most profitable for the time investment required. The inherent problem with this data is that the time investment will difer based upon your companion and their affection level. The upside is that profitable missions will only become more profitable as the time investment required decreases.

Additionally, the most profitable missions, excluding the time investment required are what you would expect: 'Finding our Way', 'The Fly on the Wall', and 'Taking Back Control'. The time investment required for these missions are somewhat prohibitive and do not give you the best return while you're playing constantly, therefore these are missions you'll want your companions to run while you're offline.

As a note, these are just straight credit returns on boxes and do not include the other rewards like plans or schematics that can be auctioned for additional profits so keep that in mind when evaluating this information.

I have noticed that 90% of all that profit is from Mako, who, if i recall has a slicing background?

I don't believe all classes get a companion that has a slicing background, the Jedi Knight gets the T7 droid, bounty hunters get Mako...not sure about the others.

I have been working on a new spreadsheet modeled after the OP spreadsheet. I have about 100 missions complete with at most 12 on a single mission.

I'm negative in terms of credits received on quite a few. The credits per minute are pretty low on the rest. I don't have the sample size to make any kind of definitive statement other than the cash aspect has been nerfed.

I'm still getting a fair number of missions/ schematics though. I have not sold any yet but I suspect that if I did the return could be reasonable. Some of the purple missions are listed for a few thousand. I'm not sure they sell though.

I think the days of sitting at fleet turning creating cash from these missions has ended.

I've also been looking at TH numbers. At least at the low levels they look better if you consider the cash you get from vendoring the items. I was quite surprised when I picked up an orange item from the 10-16 missions. Granted I could not use it but it least there’s a chance of a nice usable item.

Edited by Cacia

I have been working on a new spreadsheet modeled after the OP spreadsheet. I have about 100 missions complete with at most 12 on a single mission.

I'm negative in terms of credits received on quite a few. The credits per minute are pretty low on the rest. I don't have the sample size to make any kind of definitive statement other than the cash aspect has been nerfed.

I'm still getting a fair number of missions/ schematics though. I have not sold any yet but I suspect that if I did the return could be reasonable. Some of the purple missions are listed for a few thousand. I'm not sure they sell though.

I think the days of sitting at fleet turning creating cash from these missions has ended.

I've also been looking at TH numbers. At least at the low levels they look better if you consider the cash you get from vendoring the items. I was quite surprised when I picked up an orange item from the 10-16 missions. Granted I could not use it but it least there’s a chance of a nice usable item.

I have been sending 2 of my crew out on slicing missions and the returns do seem pathetic, but I do occasionally get the purple mission items. I got a 340 required skill underworld trading mission, and some others and listed them on the TGN at the suggested prices (4500K approx) and they sold in 23 and 26 seconds. Clearly, I should have spent a little more time figuring out what they are actually worth. I obviously undercut the going rate. :)

BTW, people have been freaking out about slicing, but I get good credits from farming while missioning with slicing. I run across a lot of those little boxes in the field that average 250-500 per box (I'm at level 32 and slicing is at 370+ now) as well as those bigger chests that give like 1k along with 2 other items I can sell to a vendor. Yes, I have to be out missioning to get it, but I don't mind, since that's the primary reason for owning the game is to play it right?

Edited by CaliCaveman

• 4 months later...

I realize that I'm breathing life into an old post, but the new slicing info may be wanted... Plus I'm on Republic side which might help things out a bit. I've been making a spreadsheet since 1.2 of my slicing. I'm already max so no failures and I'm not tracking companion time bonuses or crit bonuses.

Only doing the top 2 tiers of lockbox missions here's my data

Mission Average Profit Profit Per Minute Sample Size

Finding our way -55.96 -1.9 23

Plug the Leak 293.69 9.41 16

Azure Databanks -242.93 -6.75 14

Sabatoge & Repair 373.38 15.22 21

Home is his Castle 239.25 9.11 16

Off the Grid 233.62 8.63 13

Taking Back Control 255.58 8.41 12

Sabatoge and Repair is the most profitable for me, but I'm also going to start trying lower-level missions (at least the rich) to see how they go.

If you are interested, you can send me a message through here (I assume you can) or in-game mail to Lacroix on Shii-Cho server (rep) with your e-mail and I can send you a more up-to-date spreadsheet, or if you have data, I can add yours in.

Thanks & Happy Slicing!

Lacroix