Best Way to Buff Scoundrel Scrapper?

Count_Midnite

I love this class. I don't wish to see it fall to the ground on PVE Content though. So here are just two suggestions for the DPS Tree. Dirty Fighting is fine. I can usually pull about 1400+ DPS on the MK-5 Operations Dummy. Sawbones is an amazing healer as well. Still Scrapper needs some love.

1) Have Acid Blade/Flechette Round activate with Sever Tendon/Tendon Blast

Reason: It would fit well with their moves. Throw a Knife have it covered with Acid or Shoot a Flechette Round at his legs, make him bleed!

2) Have Backstab/Backblast on 10 Second CD "8 If Specced into Sawed Off/Waylay

Reason: Sustained DPS would be better for us and put us more on par with other melee DPS Classes

i think the best way to buff scrapper would be to nerf sentinel / vg assault dps

that said,

i think backblast is fine on a 12s cd because you can keep flechette round up for 18s straight with backblast, disappearing act + shoot first 6s later, then backblast when it comes off cd.

plus it fits better with blaster whip's 6s cd

at least that's what i believe the rationale was behind the change

i would like to see some changes though

i would like to see round two additionally make the next sucker punch expend only 5 energy.

i would like to see cool head on a 1min30s cd (like dirty fighting's fighting spirit) to coincide with the decreased timer on disappearing act so we can actually have the energy to throw out extra flechette round + shoot firsts in the middle of a fight

for all scoundrel dps, i would like the 4-set PVE bonus actually add to our energy pool. rather than the energy regen rates being 60% of total energy, i would like to see it intrinsically set to 60 energy, so adding 5 with the PVE set bonus gives us 45 high-regen energy rather than 42

cosmetically, i'd like to see flechette round's 30% armor penetration buff and the loaded flechette round buff to look differently

on the topic of cosmetic changes: bring back the giggle

underdog's critical bonus to tendon blast is just pointless. i understand that the concept of the skill is to add critical bonuses to shotgun skills, but, even if they allowed tendon blast to use a loaded flechette round, a 30% crit bonus on such a low damage skill adds very, very little

i'd like to see the critical bonus for tendon blast instead applied instead to sucker punch and flying fists

flee the scene reducing sneak's CD by 15s per point rather than 7.5

Edited by oaceen

i think the best way to buff scrapper would be to nerf sentinel / vg assault dps

^-- This.

Also, Oaceen is right... it would be nice if our 4-piece set bonuses (for any spec) were worthwhile.

FWIW: I parse way higher with Scrapper than I do with Dirty Fighting. /shrug

Edited by Azaranth

increase amount of time upper hand is up

reduce energy/CD of orbital strike

reduce CD of cool head

increase damage from sucker punch and flying fists

proc'ed upper hand from flying fists also gives you free sucker punch (no energy cost)

decrease amount of energy fletchette round takes

make 30% armor debuff from fletechette round a debuff that everyone benefits from (will have to decease to something like 10-15%... consider it like our bloodthirst/inspiration)

make orbital strike a 1.5 sec cast after shoot first

decrease energy cost of vital shot

auto crit back blasst if vital shot is up.

with all these changes we should only be like 5% behinnd maraders and powertechs... the other melee dps

As long as any buffs we recieve afftect us at lvl 50, or grant us a new rank of ability at level 50, then i'm cool with it. Any changes to mechanics will need to be carefully looked at though, because Pre 50, we are more than fine. We're possibly the best single target and 1v1 class around..

I would like to know WHY THE F!@#$!@# is a 1.5s knock down have such high resolve?

Make it 3s and lockout dirty kick from same opponent for 8s or reduce the damn resolve.

Make the speed boost buff stack with existing speed increases and make it so we can't keep using it with vanish->boost, just put it on a 15s cd. It should also remove movement impairing effects

When you exit stealth, there should be a slight dmg boost (like the dmg reduction on the shadows) OR some instant heal proc since we are hybrid healers afterall.

Or make sucker punch have a chance to reset CD on back blast.

Any one of these would help greatly.

Marauders and gunslinger need at MOST 20 seconds to reset their rotation and for scoundrel scrappers it can take up to a minuet (timed it) of standing doing nothing to get out of combat so we can reset our rotation. what if disappearing act had a 20 cd so we could reset our rotation as quickly as other classes do. Also a reduced cd on back blast i don't know why it was increased anyway that was terrible for our sustained dmg which is why we aren't as good as other melee. Edited by Sir_Galapagos

Another thing can be when "Sneak" is used out of stealth, it can proc Shoot First to be used out of stealth mode. Plus Flechette Round can add a 3% Damage Vulnerability to bosses/other players. Just throwing out some fantasy ideas. Sad to see such a fun class die in PVE Bracket. I'm satisfied with PVP Damage, but in half the effort, I can do the same exact thing on my Powertech.

for scoundrel scrappers it can take up to a minuet (timed it) of standing doing nothing to get out of combat so we can reset our rotation.
what does this mean exactly?

Another thing can be when "Sneak" is used out of stealth, it can proc Shoot First to be used out of stealth mode. Plus Flechette Round can add a 3% Damage Vulnerability to bosses/other players. Just throwing out some fantasy ideas. Sad to see such a fun class die in PVE Bracket. I'm satisfied with PVP Damage, but in half the effort, I can do the same exact thing on my Powertech.

infiltration shadows have always had a benefit out of combat with their equivalent of sneak (and now it does a lot more)

i've always wished for something like that as well

also, in beta, there was a talent called shoot twice that gave surprise comeback (later this would be made into the pugnacity skill) a 25% chance to make shoot first usable outside of stealth with a 12s lockout

granted at the time upper hand was a buff, not a resource, and only obtained by using blaster whip

Edited by oaceen

what does this mean exactly?

it means i can stand in a corner for a minuet waiting to get out of combat so i can stealth and open on someone again.

I would also like to say that all ideas ive seen so far would be a welcomed improvement especialy the reduced cd on back blast and out of stealth sf (of course i like 20 sec cd on stealth out).

combat designers should really pay attention to this.

it means i can stand in a corner for a minuet waiting to get out of combat so i can stealth and open on someone again.

I would also like to say that all ideas ive seen so far would be a welcomed improvement especialy the reduced cd on back blast and out of stealth sf (of course i like 20 sec cd on stealth out).

combat designers should really pay attention to this.

you do realize this is a PVE discussion thread, right?

Something like a 10% damage buff when Pugnacity is up, or back to 50% armour penetration with flechette round. Either would require the scrapper to pay attention and do something to get the benefit (they should be keeping Pugnacity and Flechette Round up as much as possible already of course, but at least lazy or bad play is punished unlike just buffing damage).

The idea of making Flechette Round's armour pen apply to the group might be interesting, a reason to include a scrapper for the party's benefit.

Edited by Wainamoinen

I still maintain my stance of "Why the hell is Backblast a 12s cooldown now?" Makes no sense.

Changing backstab CD is not going to help because energy is still a problem. If we had linear energy regen, it would be a different story.

As is, you want to use a heavy hitting ability followed by one or two blaster fire to maintain optimal dps.

The only thing I have a problem with is that damn 12 CD on Back Blast. Why Bioware felt this was needed was just what?? If you make it to six again, I bet you anything that they would be at least viable in PVE.

Yeah, and the derp-smashers can reduce the cooldown on smash by spamming viscious slash, getting them another 8k smash in less time than having to wait for that god-aweful cd to pop. We're stuck at 12 secs.

Really goes to show you, they have absolutely zero love for scrappers.

I've always felt that the scattergun needs more love since, to me, it's a class staple. That said, maybe they could consider redesigning Quick Shot to something like the following. Have it use the scattergun, increase damage to match the weapon damage, reassign the critical bonus from Tendon Blast to Quick Shot and slap a 6 or 7 second CD on it. The ability already costs 17-20 energy, might as well make it worth it.

Hmmmm i'm confused ... i can't think of a single thing that tries to run away from you in pve...

I mean, maybe the mobs? Hence why I am considering respecing up between mobs and bosses, so we can get healed more during bosses and we don't have to waste those two talent points on Tendon blast which doesn't affect bosses.

The only thing I have a problem with is that damn 12 CD on Back Blast. Why Bioware felt this was needed was just what?? If you make it to six again, I bet you anything that they would be at least viable in PVE.

Well, it was 9 seconds, but exactly this sentiment. It majorly screwed with the flow of our rotation and means we can't keep Flechette up on the target at all times without blowing our Vanish for another Shoot First.