how long it takes to 60 valor

Sliptallica

As someone who recently did just that, I can give you some ideas. But the reality of the situation is that there are a number of factors that can come into play.

1. How many warzones you win.

2. Whether you PVP on Ilum.

3. Which faction you play (for Ilum PVP).

4. Which class you play (melee takes longer than range)

The realistic answer is that if you push it, you can go from 50 - 60 in 9 - 15 days.

I did it myself and this is not a road for the casual player to try to travel.

You will get $%#$ off every time you lose a match. You will be increasing frustrated with a lack of PVP on Ilum. You will be doing absolutely nothing in game but PVP. And you will need to expect to play longer than normal to meet your goals.

You can expect the following things to happen if you push hard to reach level 60 ...

1. You will miss sleep.

2. You will be grumpy.

3. Your family is not going to be happy with you for a while.

4. Your language will change to include words even a sailor wouldn't utter.

Your last two levels (59 / 60) will equal to about 96k valor combined and with an average of 1k valor / warzone, you can do the math and figure out how long it can take you to reach that point. Just running warzones, that is a number of matches that is equal to a punishment in hell - and by the end will even feel like it.

If you are lucky and your faction controls Ilum, you can get 200 valor / kill, but I don't know how this has been impacted with the latest patch on Feb 9th.

Note: Until you hit 50, your valor can never exceed your level. So if you are level 41, the highest your valor can be is also 41. Any additional valor you receive will be permanently lost until you gain an additional level.

Edited by ForceWelder

I play about 7 hours a day and when I turn lvl 50 I think I was at valor 38. I turned 50 three weeks and two days ago and I am at valor lvl 55. But I only do warzones and don't do anything on Ilum because of how horrible it is.

Once you hit the valor lvl 50's it is really slow because the xp level get ridiculously high. I think I have to get 26K valor for my next lvl increase.

By the time you are rank 51 and if you play till you can't play anymore, it will take about 6-7 days depending on how many you win. Ilum is a bonus really, I didnt do any ilum on my champion to battlemaster grind cause I didnt need any more gear. If you really want to rush it you should aim at 35-40k valor per day. It's kinda difficult but not impossible. If I could do it as marauder, then anyone can really.

I dinged 50 last Saturday with capped valor. As of last night (Wednesday), I was at valor 55 3/4. I'm a sorc healer and do not do Ilum because I just can't stand it yet. Too many issues there. I play quite a bit (~7 hours) when I get home from work and the vast majority of the time I'm running warzones.

I was already at 59 1/4 level when I woke up one Saturday morning and decided I wasn't going to quit playing until a dinged 60.

Ten hours later I did just that.

I was so tired, exhausted, and ticked off at all the warzone losses I almost unsubbed.

But I took a break, went to the fleet and picked up my battlemaster bags for my dailies and weeklies.

I popped 5 bags total (already had one in my possession) and what did I get as a reward ...

A bunch of worthless champion commendations.

I almost unsubbed again.

I mean seriously, with the latest changes the last thing anybody needs by 60 is more champion commendations.

And on a final note, every bag I have popped since hitting 60 has had nothing in them but champion commendations.

my SWAG:

guessing about 750k valor to get to rank 60 (someone have the right number?)

1) WZs give about 1k every 15 minutes (but this will depend on how fast your queues are and how much you get per match) 1k/15 min = 4k/hr means 187.5 hrs to get 750k.

Playing 6hrs a day, that's ~1 month

2) Ilum with good action, about 2k every 5 minutes = 24k/hr means 31.25 hrs.

That's about 5 days at 6hrs/day

3) Ilum kill trading is as much as 4k every 3 minutes = 80k/hr, which means 9.375hrs.

Depends on how much you playing!till 50 is fast paced then it slows down progressivelly!50-60 i would say a week (along with illum)without risking epilepsy

mean it depends on how much you want to grind...as someone hates grinding i've been 50 for a month now almost or more, and i am only at 32... i hate grinding and won't sit endless hours doing it...

just some numbers BUT

each match takes about 15 minutes

gain about 1.5-2k valor for a win about 900-1000 for a loss

takes me at level 30 about 3-4 wins to gain 1 valor level about 10 losses for a valor level.

so in retro spec! talking about 300 losses at this pace to hit 60 say about 200 wins to do it but WE know takes longer from 50-60 SO lets tack on another 150 games just for hell of it

so on average say about 250-450 matches to hit 60 valor and is mostly guess work... basically...

ENJOY YOUR GRIND!

*rerolls again because its far more fun*

my SWAG:

guessing about 750k valor to get to rank 60 (someone have the right number?)

1) WZs give about 1k every 15 minutes (but this will depend on how fast your queues are and how much you get per match) 1k/15 min = 4k/hr means 187.5 hrs to get 750k.

Playing 6hrs a day, that's ~1 month

2) Ilum with good action, about 2k every 5 minutes = 24k/hr means 31.25 hrs.

That's about 5 days at 6hrs/day

3) Ilum kill trading is as much as 4k every 3 minutes = 80k/hr, which means 9.375hrs.

544,365 from 1-60.

WZ's take longer than 15 minutes, unless you're in 3 caps or 6-0 blowouts.

Just the queue times alone on our server are 5-10 mins, and the fastest we've won a huttball is about 4 mins. However, fast matches also yield less valor.

Ilum is only 2k every 5 minutes if you're in the middle of zerg on zerg, and have a decent set of buffs. Over time it's not nearly that much, at least not on my server.

In reality, the time you take from 1-60 is only going to depend on 2 things-- primarily how much time you spend in a zerg on zerg situation in Ilum, and secondarily your average medal count in WZ's.

As much as I'd like to think that WZ winning % matters, I think that's only a third-order kind of contributor. Everything else is even less.

After Valor 55 you can expect around 10 hours per Valor level, depending on your luck with wins/losses, and your class (i.e., ability to get medals).

As an assassin, I average 8 medals per round, but often getting upwards of 10. I took me 12.5 hours to get from 59 to 60.

mean it depends on how much you want to grind...as someone hates grinding i've been 50 for a month now almost or more, and i am only at 32... i hate grinding and won't sit endless hours doing it...

just some numbers BUT

each match takes about 15 minutes

gain about 1.5-2k valor for a win about 900-1000 for a loss

takes me at level 30 about 3-4 wins to gain 1 valor level about 10 losses for a valor level.

so in retro spec! talking about 300 losses at this pace to hit 60 say about 200 wins to do it but WE know takes longer from 50-60 SO lets tack on another 150 games just for hell of it

so on average say about 250-450 matches to hit 60 valor and is mostly guess work... basically...

ENJOY YOUR GRIND!

*rerolls again because its far more fun*

Reroling is just another grind if this is the way you see it!

Plus rerolling what?they are hardly a couple of ac's interesting to play in this game and for sure after they get 3-4 abilities!

Also champion gear is a joke after the patch to get so if you think that facing a bm with full champion toon is better than facing my lvl 40+sage with your baby ac you are illuding yourself