Did anyone ever notice that..

Wolfninjajedi

Anakin's saber is cyan in ANH?

I mean ya I could get by that limited special effects thing...but then Obi-Wan's saber is blue, and I don't think they have ever changed it for that scene with the re-releases. I've noticed it for a long time, but just thought I would point it out.

Edit: Though wait just figured out that it was because it not being used for so long it had an effect on the crystal making it more clear. But it still looks cyan.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

It's just the effects of the day... they never fixed it, but then they never truly fixed Obi-Wan's 'vanishing-blade' saber from the duel with Vader, either. In that part right before Han says "Didn't we just leave this party?" Obi-Wan's blade fizzles and you can see the spinning rod covered in reflective tape (the practical way they made the saber effects back then--it wasn't successful, hence the rotoscoped blades to fix it) with only a single dot of bright 'blade' at the very tip of it.

When I was a kid watching Star Wars on our old Betamax tape (it was on OnTV, and we taped it), that spot always jumped out at me. They didn't fix it in '97, when I thought that was the CLEAREST effects problem in the whole movie. And they only spent an hour working on it for the 2004 DVDs, when they at least put the diffuse blue outer glow on the blade--but there's no bright white blade there, still.

What I'm getting at is they don't much care about saber effects in the OT, so they probably don't care whether the color is blue, cyan, or even GREEN like Luke's saber became on the Falcon back in '04.