Newly 50 and what to buy?

DarMandra

Greetings all,

As I just got my shadow to 50 and received my tionese tokens in the mail I am now presented with the question; "What to buy?"

I am 31/0/10 kinetic tank specced and am looking to max my survival. I was wondering if I should just buy 1 of each of the survivors set as well as the shield generator and be done, or are there better ways to spend the tokens via ripping out mods, etc. I have access to any aug type as well as the Mk6 slots so I can make up slack via augs.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would be grateful.

/salute

Well actually you get 2 sets for free when you hit 50.

You get the tionese tokens and you also get the whole MK 2 recruit PvP set.

So depending on what you want to do (PvE or PvP) i would wear one of either set.

If you want to go for max endurance buy the survivor pieces.

I don't think I'd bother augmenting until at least Rakata tier gear. You'll replace your Tionese with Columi/Rakata pretty quick through daily flashpoints and weekly Ops, and tanks are always one of the most needed classes for EC/TFB hardmodes, so the Campaign and Dreadguard wouldn't be too far behind.

As someone already stated, you go talk to the ATM and get Tionese tokens, and you also get the Recruit gear.

I noticed you get precisely 1 token less than what you need to buy the full and complete Tionese set. I also noticed, if you've already accepted your Recruit set, that the double saber they give you has slightly better stats than the Tionese does anyway.

In which case, I agree you should take the Survivor sets for both options (except the Tionese saber). Equip all the Tionese you have, and then fill in the gaps with the Recruit. You should be pretty well off with all that.

Like others have said, survivor is the tank set and the free recruit pvp gear you get will include a better saber for you to use. Also, the pvp set will come with a 100 defense and a 100 shield static stat relic. Those will be better than anything else you will be able to afford/find for a while.

The next stops on the road to gearing are to run your daily quests to work toward getting rakata earpiece and implants, a few hm fps to get a piece of columni or two and work on your tanking skills, and sm eternity vault and karagas palace to work on getting into full columni and learning how tanking works in ops.