DPS Operations Leaderboards

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cletah's parse was removed from Draxus 8-man Nightmare... perhaps accidentally? It was #1 as of this morning.

Also, are you allowing Saboteur/Engineering spec Gunslingers/Snipers and their parses onto larger bosses such as Nefra?

EDIT: Deleted previous message; I was thinking of someone else.

The reason I removed it is that you submitted the same link for both Nefra and Draxus. While I appreciate I can scroll through your log, I don't want to get in the habit of doing this for everyone.

There were 5 or so people I need to contact via the forums to review the process before updating the sheet.

Edited by oofalong

Please note for the purposes of this thread minor variations in specs are irrelevant. In other words for an Annihilation Marauder 36/10/0 is effectively the same as 36/8/2.

Just curious as to why a variation of a spec would be "irrelevant." I thought the reason to include a Torhead link would be to indicate the exact spec you were running for the fight to show maybe why your numbers were higher or lower?

Edited by SnickerJew

EDIT: Deleted previous message; I was thinking of someone else.

The reason I removed it is that you submitted the same link for both Nefra and Draxus. While I appreciate I can scroll through your log, I don't want to get in the habit of doing this for everyone.

There were 5 or so people I need to contact via the forums to review the process before updating the sheet.

Oops, my mistake. I'll resubmit with the correct links.

Just curious as to why a variation of a spec would be "irrelevant." I thought the reason to include a Torhead link would be to indicate the exact spec you were running for the fight to show maybe why your numbers were higher or lower?

I was trying to avoid cluttering the leaderboards with nearly redundant parses. And, I didn't have a better way to prevent people from submitting unnecessary parses. As you know many specs have a few talent points that are effectively used to open the next row of talents. I wanted to guard against people submitting such parses where literally the specs are not materially different from a DPS perspective.

For instance in this example, I would expect Anni Maras to run 36/10 on Brontes in order to get the first kill, yet as gear and familiarity with the fight I would expect people to switch to 36/8/2. I would also expect this build to do more damage. Thus, your first leaderboard parse would be lower with the less DPS-friendly spec. However, I would expect you to submit an updated parse. Ultimately, the leaderboard would show the peak performance.

Does this make sense? (It's late and I am tired so it may not.)

Hey Oofalong,

I am sure this may have been covered, but what is the rule on Mirror characters? I have two Operative dps that are pretty much fully geared and I linked a Brontes parse on my Alt that is higher than my best on my main. Will this replace the parse on my main or will it be two separate positions on the leader board?

Thanks for throwing this together. It looks amazing, and I really like the format.

Hey Oofalong,

I am sure this may have been covered, but what is the rule on Mirror characters? I have two Operative dps that are pretty much fully geared and I linked a Brontes parse on my Alt that is higher than my best on my main. Will this replace the parse on my main or will it be two separate positions on the leader board?

Thanks for throwing this together. It looks amazing, and I really like the format.

This is a good question, and one which I just kind of avoided addressing. My initial thought is that mirrors (opposite or same faction) should be allowed. I figured at worst there would be 3 such mirrors - 2x Operative and 1x Scoundrel, right? Still, each character name is unique so it is relatively easy to maintain.

What are other's thoughts?

Just in case this sounds inconsistent with my thoughts on only one Parse per Character per Spec per Boss. I don't believe it is as each field would not contain a unique value if slight variations in spec were allowed.

Sorry but I submitted two parsecs in Draxus NiM, one with Annihilation and one with Rage. I failed saying that it was Annihilation because it was Rage, so I made the second submission. Sorry about that, the Rage parsec is the good one.

I submitted two parsecs in Grob'thok 8Nim, the normal one and another with the end cropped (we had to kill some adds). I hope the cropped one is OK, and can be the uploaded parsec :D

Thanks by the way, and good work with this post.

/bump for no update in ten plus days :confused:

I am updating it presently. I usually up date it every Monday. Last week I updated it on Sunday, and there was only one new submission from the last lockout that was not included.

hey oofalong, I haven't been posting my DP NiM parses because I don't see the bosses up on the boards. Should I submit them anyway?

Only downside to this thread that I miss from the other one was getting e-mail notifications when others posted parses, but one shall make do.

hey oofalong, I haven't been posting my DP NiM parses because I don't see the bosses up on the boards. Should I submit them anyway?

Only downside to this thread that I miss from the other one was getting e-mail notifications when others posted parses, but one shall make do.

Yeah, you can add them - the form should accept them already. I just didn't create the tabs as no one submitted any parses for them yet.

I am updating it presently. I usually up date it every Monday. Last week I updated it on Sunday, and there was only one new submission from the last lockout that was not included.

Do you know when you'll have the 16 man versions of the leaderboards up? I submitted parses weeks ago for both DF and DP NiM and I don't see a section for 16 man yet. Below is what you said in the original post.

I will be working on 16m NiM & HM Dread Fortress followed by all of Dread Palace next. Sorry, for not recognizing you 16m raiders more quickly, but unfortunately there are not that many of you participating here. (I promise I will get this done by next reset.)

I'm not sure when you mentioned that last line, but thanks for your work.

Do you know when you'll have the 16 man versions of the leaderboards up? I submitted parses weeks ago for both DF and DP NiM and I don't see a section for 16 man yet. Below is what you said in the original post.

I'm not sure when you mentioned that last line, but thanks for your work.

That last line has been up for the past week. I expect to have it done sometime this weekend. I will start with the new submission then migrate over the historical data.