Add a Pug ONLY option on Que's !!!!

Monoth

Unless you want PvP to completely die on the PvE and PvE RP servers due to PvP ONLY Guilds running premades on these servers 24/7 you need to add a Pug only option when que'ing....

Casual PvP'ers are just quitting warzones all together... When F2P players see how miserable it is going up against fully geared premades there not going to be buying weekly pvp passes....

Unless you want PvP to completely die on the PvE and PvE RP servers due to PvP ONLY Guilds running premades on these servers 24/7 you need to add a Pug only option when que'ing....

Casual PvP'ers are just quitting warzones all together... When F2P players see how miserable it is going up against fully geared premades there not going to be buying weekly pvp passes....

What's to stop people from synchronizing their "solo queue" and get put in the same warzone together then?

What's to stop people from synchronizing their "solo queue" and get put in the same warzone together then?

Given they would be put into the que randomly, so if enough people start playing again odds are they wont get into the same game... Bioware could easily program it so it doesn't allow more then 2 people of the same guild in the same match.

I'm sure there things they can do to limit guild premades from trying to dominate PUG only warzones.. Besides there will still be normal que's where premades can battle other premades.. Although given that most players on PvE & RP servers will probably op for pug only que's, so premades might have to wait awhile to get into a match....

As it is now PvP only guilds are killing Warzones on the PvE & RP servers.... I would guess the percentage of people doing warzones anymore is pretty small due to these pvp only guilds dominating the warzones with their premades.

Edited by Monoth

It's not premades that ruin warzones. It's solo puggers who refuse to learn teamwork and coordination. Most solo puggers say not one word in a wz, not one. You might get lucky and the person or persons guarding a node call inc, but even that's rare anymore. What I see is solo puggers getting lazier. I see 4-5 people camp a node in CW when we lose two. They give up instead of regrouping and taking back one. . I see people fighting pointless duels out in the middle of no where in novare coast. People have yet to learn that hutball is NOT about fighting and killing it's about control. I'm talking 50's bracket not pre 50, these things are expected in the lowbie bracket. No, it's not premades that ruin the experience at all. No, we don't need nor do you deserve a solo queu. Folks need to come to accept that swtor war zone pvp is NOT about being solo, it's all about teamwork. You want to solo pvp? Roll on a pvp server and go open world and solo pvp allllll you want.

All solo puggers wanna just plain and simply DEATHMATCH WARZONE. Without any objectives.

Yes, objectives good and interesting for teamwork, but sometimes very often for fun and just relax most of people wanna just DEATHMATCH. Where you will be dont dependent from other players. Just fight for fun and kills.

This is only one and real solution - make separate deathmatch warzone with only solo entrance.

so if enough people start playing again odds are they wont get into the same game... Bioware could easily program it so it doesn't allow more then 2 people of the same guild in the same match.

You aren't very good at math; This second statement is untrue.

Were playing the same game?

Last time i checked this was a MMO not SPRPG

It seems I have to clarify something for you:

When you hit the solo queue button, you will end of playing with 7 other PEOPLE as part of a TEAM, playing against an opposing TEAM. If that's not MULTIPLAYER for you, I don't know what is. All I want is that if my team composition is based on a random number, then have the opposing team fight by the same rules of engagement.

It seems I have to clarify something for you:

When you hit the solo queue button, you will end of playing with 7 other PEOPLE as part of a TEAM, playing against an opposing TEAM. If that's not MULTIPLAYER for you, I don't know what is. All I want is that if my team composition is based on a random number, then have the opposing team fight by the same rules of engagement.

I concur. Rules of engagement, it is.

Edited by Helig

If you take away people's ability to play together, these 'PvP ONLY' guilds will just stop playing. Either there are a ton of them, and THAT will kill the game. Or there aren't that many, and you have no reason to complain to begin with.

Either way, please don't tell me how to play the game. Or ask Bioware to tell me how to play the game. You have the option to group up with other players, for whatever reason, you do not take advantage of that option. That is your choice, but both options are available to you. I DO take advantage of that option. That is my choice. You are trying to take that option away from me. Of the two stances, only one is trying to take away options from other people. Don't be that guy.

Premades, by definition, are a part of competitive PvP playstyle. Competitive PvP should be competitive (ergo ranked), casual PvP should be kept casual. Simple as that.

Hate to be sarcastic but...

Translation: 'Casual' players would like 'competitive' players to be separated so they have a better chance of being competitive. Casually, of course.

I had a nice thread going with how to fix solo queuing as an intermediary solution but sadly Bioware wasn't amused by my findings :(

Hate to be sarcastic but...

Translation: 'Casual' players would like 'competitive' players to be separated so they have a better chance of being competitive. Casually, of course.

So one (perfectly valid) playstyle must be punished to nourish the other (also perfectly valid) playstyle?

Unless of course *you* want to pull players to play with *you* by *your* rules, essentially forcing *your* playstyle on them.

You are trying to take that option away from me. Of the two stances, only one is trying to take away options from other people. Don't be that guy.

Premades already take the "option" of a fair fight and, in many cases, enjoyment from other people. Having fun at the expense of other people isn't really a path to a healthy community.

Edited by Helig

It has pretty much clearly been said by devs that neither cross-server nor seperation of queues are coming. Pugs simply have to deal with it. Stop blaming the premades.

BW said that there will be no solo queue for rated specifically. Just sayin'.

BW said that there will be no solo queue for rated specifically. Just sayin'.

They have definately also stated that there will be no solo queue, period!

6. Is there any plans to have separate warzones for non-elite Level 50 players.

Jeff: I don’t think so. not that I know of. Damion?

Damion: They are planning to adjust the queueing system to pair up elites and other elites and non-elites with non-elites. I think that will come in one of the PvP patches in the future. I don’t have a timeframe for that. So we are addressing that problem without using that exact solution.

Personally. I have lost faith in a proper matchmaker. I sincerely doubt it will coded to prevent premades from meeting pugs.

Edited by Veniras

Personally. I have lost faith in a proper matchmaker. I sincerely doubt it will coded to prevent premades from meeting pugs.

I truly hope they won't be using Valor, or something as silly as kill/death ratio to measure how "elite" the player is...

K/D came up because I recently read an interview on Darth Hater - it offered some insight on how their metric affects balancing - and they mentioned kill/death ratio.

So one (perfectly valid) playstyle must be punished to nourish the other (also perfectly valid) playstyle?

Unless of course *you* want to pull players to play with *you* by *your* rules, essentially forcing *your* playstyle on them.

Premades already take the "option" of a fair fight and, in many cases, enjoyment from other people. Having fun at the expense of other people isn't really a path to a healthy community.

The difference isn't between personal preference or style. The problem is not that you can't solo queue. You can. All day long. You just want to be able to WIN, just as much as someone that actually took steps to win, without taking those same steps.

This is 1957. Johny Unitas is winning with the Baltimore Colts by throwing the ball down the field. You're the guy saying "I don't like throwing the ball that far, let's talk to the commissioner and see if we can get passes of longer than 10 yards made illegal."

They are only "both perfectly valid" playstyles if you are referrencing personal choice. As long as you want to WIN as much as someone that is doing something a certain way, you have to do the same or better. You don't win by seeing someone do something to win, and then asking an authority figure to disallow that behavior.

Edit: So yes, if "my" playstyle and "my" rules are to play with other people who are good and want to win. And "your" playstyle and "your" rules are to play with people who are bad, and don't win. Then Sir, you are entitled to your style, and any other method of personal expression you endeavor to try. What you are NOT entitled to, is WINNING warzones.

Edited by criminalheretic