So now people can get the Longspur STAP

Sleprock

Kind of annoyed that pay2winners can get a gold STAP. When you seen one going by you knew right away they were collector's or DD players. Now I gotta take a closer look. I usually never complain about the game, but damn bioware..... Keep some items exclusive and stop handing out items that represented something. Another example would be the flight suits. Shame to all those who worked their butts off in space missions to get it and now pay2winners can buy it.

BW bashing and complaint threads usually get a lot of replies, don't give up hope OP.

I figure that if anyone cares enough to think about my STAPs, they're more likely to think I'm too cheap or lazy to get a different one. Luckily I'm not interested in impressing people with gear and what box I bought.

I think its kind of sad that CE players still think they should be special a year later....

I posted several times before the game launched not to buy the CE version just for in game items because those items will become available later down the road to all players, usually as a different color.... Standard MMO practice..

Can you not also still upgrade to CE, which means they get the same vehicle as you, and they have to pay for it? I don't see the problem.

If you wanted something exclusive you should have wasted your money on the statue you could get with the overpriced version instead.

Personally I think the new Longspur is ugly as sin, and infinitely prefer my DD STAP.

Agree. That gold color is just gaudy. I'll stick with my white orginal which is now a level 3 speeder.

OP, I don't have an issue with it as an owner of a Longspure STAP from the CE., mainly because of what I stated above. It was surprising to see, but after getting a look at it... yea, I don't think they got the better end for the deal.

they handed out the Longspur on day one of F2P when you could (and still can) buy the digital content upgrade for $5. Why is anyone upset that there is a recolor now? It's not like people couldn't buy the non-recolored Longspur before and it stopped designating anyone as a special CE/DDE owner as soon as F2P hit.

I have the CE Longspur and like my silver colored Longspur much more than the CM gold Longspur anyway. That someone can buy a speeder that uses the same physical model as my CE Longspur doesn't bother me since the color is just as important to me as the physical model.

Kind of annoyed that pay2winners can get a gold STAP. When you seen one going by you knew right away they were collector's or DD players. Now I gotta take a closer look. I usually never complain about the game, but damn bioware..... Keep some items exclusive and stop handing out items that represented something. Another example would be the flight suits. Shame to all those who worked their butts off in space missions to get it and now pay2winners can buy it.

It was just a matter of time. Nothing remains exclusive when there is a shop to make extra off of a close copy of it. I'm surprised they bothered to recolor it.

Posting anything on this abomination of a forum is like trying to reason with or have a conversation with a mannequin. Utterly pointless.

Did you expect that everyone would agree with you? If you can't stand to have your ideas critiqued, then you're right, posting in a public fora is pointless.

Maybe its just me.. but I really cant tell if the OP is serious or trolling.

I hope he is trolling...

Considering his follow-ups are just the usual complaints implying anyone who disagrees are merely fanboys... yeah, I'd go with troll. The fact that STAPs have always been real money purchases of one kind or another is a valid point.

It's quite common for special edition exclusives NOT to be exclusive forever. You get to have them and enjoy them for a decent period of time before anyone else can, and that ought to be good enough. This is hardly the first game to do this. If this bothers anyone it should probably serve as a lesson for future collector's edition game purchases in general.

I dont even know why i bothered posting in here. I should have known better.....

shame on me for buying the collector's edition. shame on me.

Really? I bought the CE cause of all the cool stuff that came included in the price - exclusivity means squat to me. If someone spent an extra $5 for a STAP, then so be it. I got mine with the price of purchase. Check your Epeen at the door - in the end, most people don't care about yours.

BJ

I posted several times before the game launched not to buy the CE version just for in game items because those items will become available later down the road to all players, usually as a different color.... Standard MMO practice..

I think what pisses off most of them is that BioWare whored out the CE 'exclusives' as a $5 purchase for anyone to get. They didn't even have the grace to recolor them, just straight up merced the CE players.

Edited by Valethar

Just a matter of time before the imperial trooper and republic officer uniforms are pay2wear.

I want updates to the collector's vendor also and not just to the cartel market. Show those who bought into your "collector's edition" that we meant something. We deserve something special to tell us apart from the usual crowd running and trolling around fleet. I'm just saying it would be nice since we took the extra step in supporting your great game early on. I am not trolling and ************( to an extend , maybe). I am just sick of items that I either worked my *** off for, or payed for are being passed out like smarties. I am not hating on people who disagree, it's just simple minds are hard to widen I guess.

But whatever. The fact is I'm still here after some many whiners left.